HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

All Trade Rumors/Proposals/Possible Deadline Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 11:07 AM
AgentM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by millzee53 View Post
are you mixing him up with Ryan Whitney?
I was inferring that the idiots that sit near me at the arena will mix them up

Old
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Ruutu also isn't a RH shot (huge for the PP), isn't capable of being a self-starter on offense, and has 15 less points than Whitney. We have nobody like Whitney, though we need one. We already have a Ruutu, his name is Chris Kunitz.

We're getting a rental for what they can do for us now.
Exactly. Plus, he's not showing signs that he's done yet, so it wouldn't be a bad option to try and bring him back next year for less $.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I was inferring that the idiots that sit near me at the arena will mix them up

whoops. *over my head* just woke up. That would definitely happen though haha

I can just imagine "Hey, whyd Mario bring back dat jag Whitney? Just cuz he switched to awfense dudnt mean he gawt better!"

Old
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

What do you guys think about taking a chance on Brassard of Columbus? He's only 24 years old, has good size, and plays a pretty physical game. He's a former 6th overall pick (so the potential for growth is there) and he showed some pretty good scoring touch last season.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzee53 View Post
whoops. *over my head* just woke up. That would definitely happen though haha

I can just imagine "Hey, whyd Mario bring back dat jag Whitney? Just cuz he switched to awfense dudnt mean he gawt better!"
Naw, it was poorly worded by me, I apologize.

Haha that is EXACTLY what it will sound like. There' a different idiot each game in my section. Friday night there was a drunk guy in front of me that said he doesn't respect Canada and was trying to make fun of their anthem but failed because he wasn't nearly as witty as he thought he was.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKnYELLOW66 View Post
What do you guys think about taking a chance on Brassard of Columbus? He's only 24 years old, has good size, and plays a pretty physical game. He's a former 6th overall pick (so the potential for growth is there) and he showed some pretty good scoring touch last season.
do you think they want to trade him?

Old
01-24-2012, 04:29 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
do you think they want to trade him?
At this point, if I was Columbus, I'd put everybody not named Nash and Carter (since they just traded for him) on the block.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo6 View Post
Hey guys what about this, do you think this could work ?

Pitt- Sergei Kostitsyn

Nsh- Kennedy, Tangradi

or with a little addings
I'm really hoping you MEANT to put MTL and Andrei cause I wouldn't give those two for Sergei for his latest hot spell.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish79 View Post
I'm really hoping you MEANT to put MTL and Andrei cause I wouldn't give those two for Sergei for his latest hot spell.
Sergei actually scored more last season and is on pace to do so again this year. But he doesn't give you the physical game that Andrei does.

As much as I don't like TK and expect Tangradi to be trade bait sooner or later I still wouldn't move both for a rental of either player

Old
01-24-2012, 10:38 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
It worked for Voracek in Philly, it could work for Brassard in Pittsburgh. What would the asking price be, though? at 6'1, i'd take him. I'd love a bigger, more physical Pens team.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:38 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
No. He's been very underwhelming since his shoulder injury 3 years ago and has never been able to regain the form he had.

He also makes 3.2mil for the next 3 years.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-24-2012, 10:39 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Sergei actually scored more last season and is on pace to do so again this year. But he doesn't give you the physical game that Andrei does.

As much as I don't like TK and expect Tangradi to be trade bait sooner or later I still wouldn't move both for a rental of either player
We don't necessarily need scorers, just guys who can create offense on their own. Sergei would be perfect to set up our SCORING centers (assuming Crosby comes back), but Nashville's flying now and have no reason to give him up.

Andrei is a "let's take a chance on him" type of player. Great shot, can dominate games when he wants to, and hits to hurt. That's one of those guys that you pray a change of scenery will turn him around. Habs are a complete mess right now.

I like Andrei a lot, and have mentioned him several times before on the boards.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:43 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
We don't necessarily need scorers, just guys who can create offense on their own. Sergei would be perfect to set up our SCORING centers (assuming Crosby comes back), but Nashville's flying now and have no reason to give him up.

Andrei is a "let's take a chance on him" type of player. Great shot, can dominate games when he wants to, and hits to hurt. That's one of those guys that you pray a change of scenery will turn him around. Habs are a complete mess right now.

Agree with you on both players and especially on Andrei. His style of play just screams "Ruslan Fedotenko Hockey". His physicality and shot would look great on Sid or Geno's wing.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:49 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

Frankly, you're going to need a guy like him if you plan to break up the Kunitz-Malkin-Neal line. Personally, I think he might even help Malkin and Neal more than Kunitz has. Make that move, and you're one step closer to insuring that neither Dupuis nor Sullivan sniffs the top six.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:52 PM
deadpooler
Rookie User

i'd take a bag of pucks and a broken stick for Michalek, just to free up cap space and a spot for a player who doesn't leave guys open around the net and can stay on their skates.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpooler View Post
i'd take a bag of pucks and a broken stick for Michalek, just to free up cap space and a spot for a player who doesn't leave guys open around the net and can stay on their skates.
What?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:07 PM
deadpooler
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
What?
I'm hoping Z is shown the door at the trade deadline. He doesn't clear the net, just a few days ago he left someone in the crease unattended not helping Flower at all. Slides every chance he is given hanging whoever his partner is at the time out to dry. He literally hurts my eyes when I see him play.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
I'm hoping Z is shown the door at the trade deadline. He doesn't clear the net, just a few days ago he left someone in the crease unattended not helping Flower at all. Slides every chance he is given hanging whoever his partner is at the time out to dry. He literally hurts my eyes when I see him play.
Not much to say here beyond I very much doubt you'll get your wish, and I'm very thankful for that.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:13 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
YEAH TRADE MICHALEK AND DRESS 13 FORWARDS! we need more score!

michalek is the exact type of defensemen you want in the playoffs.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:18 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I think Z has been pretty crappy this season... but there's no way I'd want to trade him. He'll get out of it.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:13 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Naw, it was poorly worded by me, I apologize.

Haha that is EXACTLY what it will sound like. There' a different idiot each game in my section. Friday night there was a drunk guy in front of me that said he doesn't respect Canada and was trying to make fun of their anthem but failed because he wasn't nearly as witty as he thought he was.
sorry to go off topic but my favorite drunk guys are the ones who pay no attention to the game. At a game a few weeks ago iceberg was sliding down a rail and i guess he stumbled at the end and this guy next to me yells "Everybody, iceberg fell down...but he okay!!" and everyone started cheering. One of my favorite moments.

Also, after a rangers game many years ago at mellon we lost and some rangers fan was getting into it with a pittsburgher and the rangers fan goes "ya who won? who won?" and the pittsburgh guy responded with "Ya who wins if i stab you in your ****in face ya jag off?"

Old
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
WVP

I also think Michalek's been iffy this year. It's a good thing Engelland and Niskanen have been great as Orpik, Martin and Michalek have all underperformed (some more than others).

Old
01-25-2012, 10:28 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Frankly, you're going to need a guy like him if you plan to break up the Kunitz-Malkin-Neal line. Personally, I think he might even help Malkin and Neal more than Kunitz has. Make that move, and you're one step closer to insuring that neither Dupuis nor Sullivan sniffs the top six.
He's one of those "realistic" trade propositions where it's not far fetched that we could pick him up without giving much of anything up. I'm sure he can be had for a 2nd rounder. Since Ray would use that to pick up a d-man anyway, it's no huge loss

Mind you, we have to remember that if Sid doesn't come back and Staal ends up becoming the 2C - we're still better off with a playmaker than we are a pure shooter. I'm not sure if Staal's the guy you want being your set up man for any sniper.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
I also think Michalek's been iffy this year. It's a good thing Engelland and Niskanen have been great as Orpik, Martin and Michalek have all underperformed (some more than others).
They've EASILY been our most consistent D. Nisky's only problem that I see is that for whatever reason he forgets to tie up sticks on those centering passes in the slot, but he's money with his board play. So is Engelland.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
mpp9

I'd be pretty comfortable with Whitney and Staal as my secondary scoring behind Geno. If we can pick up a legit RW as well then we have a good shot at making a run without Sid.

Closed Thread