HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Jagr's come back to the NHL

Old
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
If he has another season of ~PPG then it would certainly add to his resume. Enough to declare him better than others? No. His spot within the top 30 all time is already highly debated, and I don't think one season will change that much.
Jagr was ranked 25th on the 2008 version of the HOH Top 100 list, a list that was absolutely merciless towards modern players not named Wayne or Mario. He then ranked 23rd on the 2009 update.

I think he's pretty safely in the top 30 of all-time.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Honestly, yes. If Jagr was a more motivated player, he would be right up there with Jean Beliveau, Bobby Hull, and Maurice Richard as the best forward ever not named Wayne, Mario, or Gordie. Instead, he's usually debated along with the Lafleurs and Espositos of hockey history.
I agree with you on this. The difference between Jagr being a top 5 forward and top 10 player and now being a borderline top 10 forward and top 20 player is his tenure in Washington.

At the time he was well on his way to becoming a true legend, quite possibly surpassing Richard, Hull and Beliveau.

Who knows, time is running out on him and the odds are stalked against him.

My question to you is this : if Jagr were to be a PPG this year and sign again next season and become a PPG next season as well and along the way winning a Cup/ Conn Smythe, does he then get bumped up to a top 5 forward and top 10 player?

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Not sure if it was brought up.. only read page 1.

But Jagr his last year in New York did take many nights off and was going through the motions at times in the regular season.

Playoffs came along and he dominated again...second year in a row I took Rangers and they broke my hearts again in the second round.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote