HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minor League Hockey Time

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2004, 05:48 PM
exterminator-x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek
All this posting and quoting yourself in corrections is confusing, LOL.

Could just edit perhaps?
Done.

Old
11-17-2004, 07:40 PM
petec1978*

Good, ice time is what Packard needs.

Old
11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
hockeycards34

He Didnt Play Tonite for the Chiefs can ya tell me anything about this kid. Also the last to games that Lynch Played he fought

Old
11-17-2004, 10:18 PM
petec1978*

Packard's big as a house and skates pretty well. Kind of the Eric Daze type frame and skating ability without the skill. He's smart though (went to Harvard) and plays very hard. Was used in all game situations with Harvard and should make a good checking liner as a pro.

Old
11-18-2004, 10:01 AM
exterminator-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycards34
He Didnt Play Tonite for the Chiefs can ya tell me anything about this kid.
Got word from the Johnstown organization that he'll [Packard] be in the lineup for all three Chiefs games this weekend. The Chiefs have to make a roster move first before he can be activated to play.

Update: The Chiefs waived left wing Evgeny Lazarev today to make room for Packard.

Quote:
Also the last to games that Lynch Played he fought
I noticed that also. Was unaware he was the kind to throw down the mitts, but then again, he's played so little hockey in the last two years, who would know?

How did he look in the fights?

Last edited by exterminator-x: 11-18-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old
11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
hockeycards34

Both Fights were on the road. From The Radio He didnt do so well and thats from the Johnstown Radio Guy. He's Not that great on his Feet. You Guys would be better off with Van Hoof. Do You think anyone else will be sent down? or Maybe You guys will call some guys up because your not dong that great either. We got our Frist Regualtion Loss Last Nite.

Is there anyone that collect hockey cards and gets them autograph Please Let me know thanks
Derrick

Old
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
exterminator-x

Quote:
Both Fights were on the road. From The Radio He didnt do so well and thats from the Johnstown Radio Guy. He's Not that great on his Feet. You Guys would be better off with Van Hoof. Do You think anyone else will be sent down? or Maybe You guys will call some guys up because your not dong that great either.
Agree that Van Hoof is the better *prospect* of the two than Lynch. However, neither Lynch nor Van Hoof have Tampa contracts. Van Hoof already had a 3 year rookie deal and was not re-qualified this past summer. This organization, though, does like to keep its *known quantities* close at hand. I think the Lightning generally like Van Hoof, but he clearly didn't have the skill to make the NHL, so he'll be kept close to the organization as a depth player for their minor affiliates.

Lynch has never had a Tampa contract and no one really expects him to get one. I'll be very surprised if he ever sees AHL ice. Now that Feaster and Goertzen have focused the past two/three drafts on blueliners, the organization just has a glut of skilled defensemen in the system, and guys like Bergfors, Lynch, and Van Hoof will really struggle to make it as a AHL regular. As a one time Lightning draft pick, the Bolts did help Lynch get a pro gig when he decided to leave college. Like Bergfors in Adirondack, the Lightning will *monitor* their play as pros.

I don't expect Springfield to be calling anyone up from Johnstown, mainly because Van Hoof and Packard are the only Springfield *properties* assigned to the Chiefs. Lynch is not eligible for a call up because he only has an ECHL contract. With 10 defenseman (including the injured Dicaire) in Springfield, Van Hoof is not needed. In fact, Dirk Graham (Falcon coach) has been playing some of his extra defenseman at forward instead of playing Packard in an attempt to ice his 18 *best* players.

I do expect another defenseman to be reassigned to Johnstown when Dicaire comes back from his injury (assuming Egener's injury is not serious). You can expect that defenseman to be Harlan Pratt, Andreas Holmqvist, or Paul Ranger. Although, Pratt or Holmqvist are the more likely of the candidates.

Old
11-19-2004, 03:49 PM
hockeycards34

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterminator-x
Agree that Van Hoof is the better *prospect* of the two than Lynch. However, neither Lynch nor Van Hoof have Tampa contracts. Van Hoof already had a 3 year rookie deal and was not re-qualified this past summer. This organization, though, does like to keep its *known quantities* close at hand. I think the Lightning generally like Van Hoof, but he clearly didn't have the skill to make the NHL, so he'll be kept close to the organization as a depth player for their minor affiliates.

Lynch has never had a Tampa contract and no one really expects him to get one. I'll be very surprised if he ever sees AHL ice. Now that Feaster and Goertzen have focused the past two/three drafts on blueliners, the organization just has a glut of skilled defensemen in the system, and guys like Bergfors, Lynch, and Van Hoof will really struggle to make it as a AHL regular. As a one time Lightning draft pick, the Bolts did help Lynch get a pro gig when he decided to leave college. Like Bergfors in Adirondack, the Lightning will *monitor* their play as pros.

I don't expect Springfield to be calling anyone up from Johnstown, mainly because Van Hoof and Packard are the only Springfield *properties* assigned to the Chiefs. Lynch is not eligible for a call up because he only has an ECHL contract. With 10 defenseman (including the injured Dicaire) in Springfield, Van Hoof is not needed. In fact, Dirk Graham (Falcon coach) has been playing some of his extra defenseman at forward instead of playing Packard in an attempt to ice his 18 *best* players.

I do expect another defenseman to be reassigned to Johnstown when Dicaire comes back from his injury (assuming Egener's injury is not serious). You can expect that defenseman to be Harlan Pratt, Andreas Holmqvist, or Paul Ranger. Although, Pratt or Holmqvist are the more likely of the candidates.
Do You work For Tampa ? lol. I would take any of them i rather have hlmqvist but hey what can ya do. You think only one will be sent down or do you think that all of them will be sent ? There No real Reason to call either of Van Hoof or Lynch Up Tell ya the Truth I dont Think Lynch Will Make that Long in this league hes not that great of a player for even this league Van Hoof is a ECHLER for life he playes very well and this league and thats where he should be. I dont know how were are going to play Packerd. The guy her cut for him was Evgeny Lazarev .That say little ice time and was used on the 3rd line as a fill in. Packard should be on the 1st line but that line is working really well togahter. I let ya know Thanks

ps how much longer are they on the ir

Old
11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
exterminator-x

Quote:
Do You work For Tampa ? lol.
:lol Gosh, no. Not sure how to take that... sounds like a left-handed comment to me.

Quote:
I would take any of them i rather have hlmqvist but hey what can ya do. You think only one will be sent down or do you think that all of them will be sent ?
I'm almost certain Ranger has played well enough to secure a Springfield roster spot. Holmqvist gives you offensive impact from the blueline and another option to QB the PP. Pratt is better defensively, but not much of a threat offensively.

I really think you'll eventually just get one of the two if/when there are no injuries on the blueline. Springfield seems to have no problem carrying nine active defensemen on the roster. Who you get depends on what the organization finally decides about Holmqvist, and that largely depends on what he does with the opportunity afforded him with the Egener foot injury. On one hand, Holmqvist needs ice time, so Johnstown is a better in that regard than serving popcorn in the Falcon pressbox. However, he won't learn the Lightning system in Johnstown, so it boils down to how much the organization views him in their future plans. He has fallen quite a bit in the depth chart over the last year or so.

Quote:
There No real Reason to call either of Van Hoof or Lynch Up Tell ya the Truth I dont Think Lynch Will Make that Long in this league hes not that great of a player for even this league Van Hoof is a ECHLER for life he playes very well and this league and thats where he should be.
I believe a number of us were surprised by Lynch's ECHL contract. We felt UHL was more his speed. Agreed about Van Hoof. He doesn't have the foot speed or quickness to hold down an AHL gig.

Quote:
I dont know how were are going to play Packerd. The guy her cut for him was Evgeny Lazarev .That say little ice time and was used on the 3rd line as a fill in. Packard should be on the 1st line but that line is working really well togahter.
IMO, Toby O'Brien should play Packard like he did Lazarev. Just because he's a Tampa prospect doesn't mean he gets carte blanche access to a top line in Johnstown. He's raw. Pete follows him more closely than any of us probably, but he has some skill and LOTS of size. But he's young and hasn't yet learned how to use his size. Give him a little ice time at first, and reward him with 3rd line duty. By the 2nd half of the season, I would hope to see him being experimented in more game situations (maybe specialty teams) and on some scoring lines maybe. He needs ice time and confidence and good coaching. One of his good traits is that he is very coachable and will do anything the coaches ask of him.

Quote:
ps how much longer are they on the ir
Dicaire is getting close to finally starting to skate with the team. Not sure the extent of Egener's injury.

Old
11-19-2004, 07:57 PM
missK

Egener's playing tonight vs Providence so I guess he's okay.

1st intermission score 0-0, shots Providence 20-9 Falcons

Old
11-19-2004, 09:10 PM
petec1978*

2-1 Providence with about 15 mins left to play. Storr faced 37 shots in the first two periods alone. The horror.

Old
11-19-2004, 09:29 PM
missK

Four minutes left in the game and Storr has faced 51 shots.....

Old
11-19-2004, 09:56 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
4-2 Final. The Falcons were outshot 16-4 in the 3rd period and 53-25 for the game by a sub .500 team going in. Exterminator X has posted previously that he expects 10 players from this years squad to make the NHL. Does he mean that a number of them will make it for a cup of coffee or does he expect that the majority of them will play for a significant period of time in the NHL ? If the answer is the latter I wish he would elaborate on his statement. Frankly after watching this team for 9 games this season it is fair to say that if the rest of the division is playing the game at 45 rpm the Falcons tempo is at best 33rpm or even 16 rpm on most nights.

Last edited by scoob4093: 11-19-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old
11-19-2004, 10:00 PM
petec1978*

Packard story on ECHL.com.

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic....&cat=1&id=3245

Old
11-20-2004, 12:06 PM
missK

From today's MassLive.com

Quote:
Egener was helped off the ice midway through the second period with a possible knee injury after being decked along the boards by Orr, Providence's enforcer. Orr's actions prompted Virtue to jump him and both players were assessed five-minute majors for fighting at 10:51.

Old
11-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Doug

Falcons trade Skalde for Jaspers

Quote:
WEST VALLEY CITY, UTAH – Utah Grizzlies General Manager Laurence Gilman announced today that the team has acquired center Jarrod Skalde on loan from the Springfield Falcons and that the Grizzlies have loaned center Jason Jaspers to the Falcons.

Skalde, 33,has played 154 career games with the Grizzlies and ranks ninth on the team’s all-time point list with 137 points (48-89 –137). During the 2003-04 season, Skalde served as the Grizzlies Captain.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=42470
The Falcons had too many veterans, so this move will help out with that. Plus, Skalde hadn't been very productive this season. Jaspers played in Springfield for the past few seasons and finished second in scoring on the Falcons last season. Skalde led Utah in scoring last season and served as the Grizzlies' captain.

I doubt this trade will significantly improve either club. Utah and Springfield are the worst two teams in the league and both are looking to shake up things.

Old
11-20-2004, 04:33 PM
exterminator-x

Good move on the Skalde-Jaspers swap. Not a trade per se... Skalde is still under contract to the Lightning pending a new CBA. With this move, it will allow McLaren to dress along with Willis and Darby, while allowing Chapman, Rumble, and Virtue to dress. McLaren will be needed (for his toughness) even more now that Egener will be out for an extended period.

Speaking of Egener, injury was different than the one he suffered last weekend and definitely will not be playing the rest of the weekend. Reid's injury has him listed as doubtful. I could get no other details on the injuries.

Lines and defensive combos against Providence were (before the 2nd period injuries to Egener and Reid):

Craig - Darby - Willis
Alexeev - Henrich - Reid
Virtue - Skalde - Artukhin
Tarnasky - Soucy - Deveaux

Chapman - Egener
O'Brien - Pratt
Rumble - Holmqvist

Quote:
Exterminator X has posted previously that he expects 10 players from this years squad to make the NHL. Does he mean that a number of them will make it for a cup of coffee or does he expect that the majority of them will play for a significant period of time in the NHL ? If the answer is the latter I wish he would elaborate on his statement.
Alexeev already has 80+ NHL games, and will back on the Tampa squad whenever the lockout ends.

Aside from him, I believe Artukhin, Craig, Dicaire, Egener, Henrich, O'Brien, Ranger, Reid, Soucy, and Tarnasky will all be NHL regulars someday. (Not sure about Holmqvist, Packard, and Deveaux.) Of these guys, only Dicaire and Craig had over 40 AHL games of experience before this season started. Six are fresh out of juniors.

Why is it hard for you to understand that it takes most prospects at least three pro seasons before they develop sufficiently to make an NHL squad? That's one reason why rookie contracts are typically three year deals. Dicaire, who may be the closest of the bunch to the NHL (aside from Alexeev) may have a chance to make the Tampa squad next fall, but most likely not. So, that's 2006 at the earliest for guys like Dicaire, Craig, and Artukhin. Safer bet is 2007, with some of these guys looking at 2008 when they are holding down a regular NHL job.

Old
11-20-2004, 04:33 PM
petec1978*

Beat me to it...

I like Jaspers.

Old
11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Hoek

Storr is playing well (stopped a penalty shot) and Henrich has the Falcons ahead 1-0 in the second period. Nice. Starting to match the 'Pack in shots too.

Powerplay goal! Ryan Craig! 2-0.

Last edited by Hoek: 11-20-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old
11-20-2004, 09:02 PM
missK

Falcon's game - Dicaire is playing!! Score 2-0 Falcons 2nd intermission.

Old
11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
1Timer

2-2 nearing the end of the 3rd, and my radio feed does not want to work. :/

Will wait for a Springfan's comments on the doubtlessly rusty Dicaire (that is, only if he needs to be apologized for. )

Props to Jamie, Shane, and Nikita.

Last edited by 1Timer: 11-20-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old
11-20-2004, 10:03 PM
missK

Shootout win Falcons 3-2

Old
11-20-2004, 10:27 PM
petec1978*

He's not my favorite player in the whole world, but Nikita Alexeev is finally starting to play up to his first round draft pick pedigree. He had an assist and the second goal in the shootout.

Am I the only one who sees NHLer stamped on Adam Henrich's forehead?

Andreas Holmqvist looks like he's becoming a fixture in the lineup. That's undoubtedly excellent news.

Old
11-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Doug

I still don't like the shootout, but it sure helped the Falcons tonight. What would have been a disappointing tie turned into a fantastic win (pretty much ANY win is great when you've struggled as much as the Falcons have).

Here are the lines:

Soucy - Tarnasky - Deveaux
Alexeev - Darby - Willis
Henrich - Craig - Artukhin
Fritz - McLaren

Chapman - Virtue
Holmqvist - O'Brien
Ranger - Pratt

Dicaire didn't play much. In fact, the only time I really remember seeing him on the ice was early in the second period.

Jamie Storr stole two points for the Falcons tonight. He stopped Balej on a penalty shot in the second period and didn't allow a goal in the shootout. I was glad to see that he finally got rewarded for his effort tonight. Storr looked as excited as I've seen him this season when the Falcons won.

The Falcons are still having problems putting together 60 minutes of hockey. They played well in spurts, but went over 15 minutes in the third period without a shot-on-goal (and they had TWO power plays during that span). The Falcons scored on the five-on-three in the second period, but the power play needs to improve.

Also, the Falcons have signed veteran forward Derek Bekar. He had 24 goals with Bridgeport last season and had been playing in the British National League this season.

Old
11-21-2004, 03:51 AM
GoBoltz56
Mantha's Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Also, the Falcons have signed veteran forward Derek Bekar. He had 24 goals with Bridgeport last season and had been playing in the British National League this season.
What!!!?? didnt they just get rid of Skalde because they had too many vets??

Closed Thread