HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cogliano to Ottawa

Old
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
GreatStateofHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
Ducks need D

How about a 2nd + Patrick Wiercioch
Patrick Wiecioch was recentely injured, but no way.

Years ago, many Sens fans could see Wiercioch had #3 potential, and he started of this year very well from what we heard down in Bingo. That + the fact that we aren't giving up our 2nd (which was already traded) for Cogliano.

GreatStateofHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Well the lines are

Greening-Speza-Alfredsson;
Foligno-Turris-Condra;
Smith-Regin-Neil;
Daugavins-Konopka-Winchester

He could replace Turris on the 2nd line, Turris replaces Regin on 3rd line
Quote:
Ok if Turris is great then replace Regin on the 3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZibanejad View Post
Smith is our third line center, and one of the best in the league at that.
Quote:
K, well he can also play left wing
illpucks, you're just reaching now.

Face it, he has no spot on the Sens right now. Maybe on the 4th line, but he'd cost WAY more than we would ever want to spend to acquire a 4th liner.

Like I said before, Cogliano to Ottawa is just a bad fit.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:09 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Why would we trade Cogs for a 6th round pick when we gave up a 2nd? Also to add, we would be short a roster player and currently have no one in the pipeline to fill his minutes as of right now with DSP injured.
Blake is stepping in. Move Bonino/Holland to the 3rd line and we're fine. Take Cogs for a 2nd, or a defensive prospect

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I don't see Cogliano being moved since he was just given his extension. However he's getting too much criticism here. He is in no way a 4th line player. Even on a good team, calling him a 4th liner is pushing it.

He reminds me of two players we already have: Hagman and Blake, although I'd say he's better then both of them, although he and Hagman are very close. He creates a lot of open ice with his speed and gives 110% every shift. His problem is his hands aren't that great. Reminds me of a young Todd Marchant. He's a great 3rd liner who won't look terrible on the 2nd line. Problem is that he should be making around 1.5 instead of what he's making now.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:50 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
K, well he can also play left wing
Foligno
Condra
Greening
Michalek~

No matter where you go theres no need and no room.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

I'd rather hang on to Cogs. He's not as bad as people are making him out to be in this thread. Although I'd like to see his point totals increase a bit, his worth can't be measured solely on points alone.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:56 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
I don't think Sens fans are saying that he is a bad player, just that he isn't better than anyone else currently in our top-nine.

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Turris, Foligno, Smith, Condra, Greening, Neil

I don't think you can make an argument for Cogliano being better than any of those guys (and not enough to give up a semi-significant asset, that's for sure). It just seems like a bad fot all around to be honest, strange proposal.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I don't think Sens fans are saying that he is a bad player, just that he isn't better than anyone else currently in our top-nine.

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Turris, Foligno, Smith, Condra, Greening, Neil

I don't think you can make an argument for Cogliano being better than any of those guys (and not enough to give up a semi-significant asset, that's for sure). It just seems like a bad fot all around to be honest, strange proposal.
You do realize that Brian Murray almost had Cogliano but Heatley refused a trade to Edmonton. Murray sees the same value in him.

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
MAK19

Quote:
You do realize that Brian Murray almost had Cogliano but Heatley refused a trade to Edmonton. Murray sees the same value in him.
Back then Cogs still had a chance of being a top six forward. He has no chance at this point. And the forwards were at the time of the trade

Alfredsson
Spezza
Fisher
Kelly
Foligno
Neil
Ruutu

Heatley - wanting a trade. There was a serious lack of depth compared to stempniaksen's list. Now there are 9 forwards + Regin when healthy who are better than Cogs, and also Daugavins who has an important role on the PK. There is no room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
I'd rather hang on to Cogs. He's not as bad as people are making him out to be in this thread. Although I'd like to see his point totals increase a bit, his worth can't be measured solely on points alone.
He is not a top six forward, not even close. He is a 3rd line player on a bad team (the Ducks), and a 4th line player on a good team. He needs either more offense or more size to be a 3rd liner on a good team.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Back then Cogs still had a chance of being a top six forward. He has no chance at this point. And the forwards were at the time of the trade

Alfredsson
Spezza
Fisher
Kelly
Foligno
Neil
Ruutu

Heatley - wanting a trade. There was a serious lack of depth compared to stempniaksen's list. Now there are 9 forwards + Regin when healthy who are better than Cogs, and also Daugavins who has an important role on the PK. There is no room.

He is not a top six forward, not even close. He is a 3rd line player on a bad team (the Ducks), and a 4th line player on a good team. He needs either more offense or more size to be a 3rd liner on a good team.
The ducks are not a bad team, rather a good team with a bad season. Cogliano played on the second line with Koivu and Selanne so he is capable of top 6. He is 3rd line now for depth reasons.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Could have had him for Rundblad and a 2nd.
He could be had for Crosby as well, doesn't mean you do it.

Turris >>>>> Cogs (may need a few more >'s here)

Quote:
You realize he was traded for a 2nd from the Oilers. And IMO he's getting better so he would be worth at least a 2nd + prospect or 1st. He himself is a 1st rounder
Um, no. A 2nd was overpayment from Anaheim for him. Anything close to that now, especially on his contract, is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
illpucks, you're just reaching now.

Face it, he has no spot on the Sens right now. Maybe on the 4th line, but he'd cost WAY more than we would ever want to spend to acquire a 4th liner.

Like I said before, Cogliano to Ottawa is just a bad fit.
This. Not only would he cost more than he's worth in assets that ANA would want for him to save face for the bad deal they made and bad contract they gave him, but at that contract, and he'd be on our 4th line... horrible.

Quote:
I think all sane Sens fans can agree that we should be incredibly thankful that that trade didn't go down.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I think all sane Sens fans can agree that we should be incredibly thankful that that trade didn't go down.
BIG time!

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Sureves

This is one of the last players in the NHL that Ottawa has any use for when incorporating value.

He has absolutely no place on the Senators roster.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
illpucks

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. At the time the Edmonton deal seemed way better than the sj one. This year its seen different since Michalek is performing. But that's now. It will take sometime to see if this season for him is just an anomaly or not.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Cogliano sucks. And Murray was a moron for trading a 2nd round pick for him.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Healfezza

For people saying he is worth more now then before, he only has 11p in 37g this season and is now making an increased salary on top of it. If anything his value has decreased.

I would take a flyer on Cogs for a 3rd round pick as a Senators fan, anything to get Butler bumped out of the lineup. He has had some decent seasons and would likely slot into the Top 9 bumping Butler.

Top 9 - Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Turris, Foligno, Greening, Smith, Cogliano, Condra

4th line - Daugavins, Konopka, Smith

Scratch - Winchester, Butler

Long term IR - Regin

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:42 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
For people saying he is worth more now then before, he only has 11p in 37g this season and is now making an increased salary on top of it. If anything his value has decreased.

I would take a flyer on Cogs for a 3rd round pick as a Senators fan, anything to get Butler bumped out of the lineup. He has had some decent seasons and would likely slot into the Top 9 bumping Butler.

Top 9 - Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Turris, Foligno, Greening, Smith, Cogliano, Condra

4th line - Daugavins, Konopka, Smith

Scratch - Winchester, Butler

Long term IR - Regin
There's no situation in which I could justify giving Cogliano more minutes even strength, power play or short-handed, than Smith.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Healfezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
There's no situation in which I could justify giving Cogliano more minutes even strength, power play or short-handed, than Smith.
Then don't, let Smith move to T6 role and let Cogs center the 3rd line. Or have them both on the third line and Smith still plays PK. Cogs would be a depth player for us increasing our overall team scoring potential. The LW on the top 2 lines is pretty free for rotation right now anyway.

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healfezza View Post
Then don't, let Smith move to T6 role and let Cogs center the 3rd line. Or have them both on the third line and Smith still plays PK. Cogs would be a depth player for us increasing our overall team scoring potential. The LW on the top 2 lines is pretty free for rotation right now anyway.
Cogliano doesn't replace Smith, Condra, Neil, Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Turris, Greening or Foligno in my top 9. I also don't play him at center over Konopka. I'd much rather ship Carkner and a 3rd for Kostitsyn than a 2nd for Cogliano.

Old
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Cogliano doesn't replace Smith, Condra, Neil, Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Turris, Greening or Foligno in my top 9. I also don't play him at center over Konopka. I'd much rather ship Carkner and a 3rd for Kostitsyn than a 2nd for Cogliano.
I think this is pretty much spot on. He might have a shot at beating out Condra, but certainly not at the price of anything over a 5th round pick, and even then I'm skeptical because I like Condra a lot.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Lulz no, plz no

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
TSA0402

Cogliano really has no spot on the Sens roster if he was traded for a pick.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. At the time the Edmonton deal seemed way better than the sj one. This year its seen different since Michalek is performing. But that's now. It will take sometime to see if this season for him is just an anomaly or not.
I've liked Milan from the start. And even an off year for Milan is still far, far better than Cogs' best season. And all this not even mentioning the vast advantage Michalek has in size, power, 2-way play, net drive, etc. The only way that Cogs can match Milan is in speed, that's it.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
HSF

no to Cogs

but what do you want for Sbisa?

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
illpucks

Quote:
I've liked Milan from the start. And even an off year for Milan is still far, far better than Cogs' best season. And all this not even mentioning the vast advantage Michalek has in size, power, 2-way play, net drive, etc. The only way that Cogs can match Milan is in speed, that's it.
I wasn't comparing Milan to Cogs but the package. The Edm package also included Penner and Smid.