HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Commercials on TSN you have grown to hate

Old
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM
BobDobolina

vCash: 500
I still hate Drew Doughty because of those Gatorade ads.

BobDobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Shootmaster_44

I haven't noticed any commercials that annoy me. So long as it isn't a Rona commercial or Baconator commercial like the CFL has or that stupid East Side Mario's commercial from CBC's playoff coverage, I don't find commercials annoy me.

I'm not totally sure why CP is pushing their brand. The only thing I can figure is that now with the dismantling of the Canadian Wheat Board, they are trying to convince farmers to ship via them instead of CN. But that seems like a pretty small market for the amount of sponsoring they are doing. In addition to the commercials, they are sponsoring every goal scored. On the scoreboards they run a shot of a train and a message saying something about Moving Forward. Very odd marketing if you ask me, but I guess the more sponsorship money thrown at this tournament the better.

Edit: I lied, I'm annoyed by the TSN check-in app. I don't have a smart phone, so I am effectively blocked from entering the contest for the World Championship trip. To make things worse, I just noticed on the promo that the phone they "check-in" on is my Samsung Corby and you cannot use it to check-in.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan*
Leaving/Goodbye All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I haven't noticed any commercials that annoy me. So long as it isn't a Rona commercial or Baconator commercial like the CFL has or that stupid East Side Mario's commercial from CBC's playoff coverage, I don't find commercials annoy me.

I'm not totally sure why CP is pushing their brand. The only thing I can figure is that now with the dismantling of the Canadian Wheat Board, they are trying to convince farmers to ship via them instead of CN. But that seems like a pretty small market for the amount of sponsoring they are doing. In addition to the commercials, they are sponsoring every goal scored. On the scoreboards they run a shot of a train and a message saying something about Moving Forward. Very odd marketing if you ask me, but I guess the more sponsorship money thrown at this tournament the better.

Edit: I lied, I'm annoyed by the TSN check-in app. I don't have a smart phone, so I am effectively blocked from entering the contest for the World Championship trip. To make things worse, I just noticed on the promo that the phone they "check-in" on is my Samsung Corby and you cannot use it to check-in.

I agree. What is the point? They pretty well have a monopoly out west.

By the way... I thought breaking up the Wheat Board was deemed illegal?

OttawaRoughRiderFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
I agree. What is the point? They pretty well have a monopoly out west.

By the way... I thought breaking up the Wheat Board was deemed illegal?
I really haven't followed the CWB issue too closely as I'm not a farmer nor do I know any. But from what I read I thought the farmers finally got freedom to choose how they wish to sell their wheat. But that's an issue for another board.

But you're right about the monopoly, I don't see anyone driving 100s of miles out of their way to use CP, if a CN line ran right near their business or vice-versa. I could see CN Intermodal trying to convince people to use their trucking arm. But the rail arm, doesn't really make sense. Oh well, they are free to advertise just like anyone else is.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
JackFr

The ad with the song that goes something like:

"Oh, I'm not the most c**ksure guy..."

That's probably not the lyric, but it sure sounds like it.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Kenobody

I have you all beat with this annoying gem:

Kenobody is offline   Reply With Quote