HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:30pm EST, RDS - TSN

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I forgot about them.

So, Columbus, Anaheim, Carolina, the Isles and the falling Oliers have all better chance to grab of of the top two.
I think it's actually just Columbus and Anaheim now. Isles have been playing well, Carolina better too lately. Oilers are still where we are and Car/Isles if I recall have played less More chances for them to win games!

Old
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
It's Columbus & Anaheim that we have little chance of "catching". They're like 10 points behind us at this point.
It's a lottery though. If we're 3rd to last we still have a shot at 1st

Maybe we pull a Crosby

Old
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Salut tout le monde!

I am very excited for this game guys, I hope you are excited to have the new Jets in your building for the first time...and first game of 2012!

The Habs have pretty much been my favourite hockey team since the original Jets left to go down south, and it is a franchise I will always have respect for, its just so storied and is well known to be as "Canada's team" (its pretty much every Canadian's fan or 2nd fav team, unless you're a Leafs fan I suppose )

Its interesting too, because out of all the cities I have been to in Canada, Montreal and Winnipeg are the most similar to each other...Winnipeg is, in a lot of ways, like a "mini-Montreal", we probably have the second rowdiest crowd after you in the league, and we have the largest french community and french influence in western Canada by far, among other things.

Anyways, now that the Jets have returned, I am a Jets fan first before anything, so I will be rooting for them, but the Habs are a close second to me as I have followed them for a long time, and I hope they become Stanley Cup contenders again

All the best for a good game, and I hope the crowd tonight is happy to see the Jets return...even boo's will tell me everyone is happy to see the Jets back

All the best

Old
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
hope you guys win
No ****ing way

Old
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
hope you guys win
Scared of missing for a seventh straight season?

Old
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

Maybe we pull a Crosby
Columbus will "magicly" get the first pick, similar to how Pittsburgh did with Crosby.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Salut tout le monde!

I am very excited for this game guys, I hope you are excited to have the new Jets in your building for the first time...and first game of 2012!

The Habs have pretty much been my favourite hockey team since the original Jets left to go down south, and it is a franchise I will always have respect for, its just so storied and is well known to be as "Canada's team" (its pretty much every Canadian's fan or 2nd fav team, unless you're a Leafs fan I suppose )

Its interesting too, because out of all the cities I have been to in Canada, Montreal and Winnipeg are the most similar to each other...Winnipeg is, in a lot of ways, like a "mini-Montreal", we probably have the second rowdiest crowd after you in the league, and we have the largest french community and french influence in western Canada by far, among other things.

Anyways, now that the Jets have returned, I am a Jets fan first before anything, so I will be rooting for them, but the Habs are a close second to me as I have followed them for a long time, and I hope they become Stanley Cup contenders again

All the best for a good game, and I hope the crowd tonight is happy to see the Jets return...even boo's will tell me everyone is happy to see the Jets back

All the best
I've been to two games in your fine arena. The fans were amazing, and the atmosphere was something I've rarely seen before for a regular season game.

Best of luck to your team on continued success.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

Maybe we pull a Crosby
Actually I think you can move up 4 spots if you win the lottery, so we have to be 5th last to have have a chance.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

What's the point of winning for this season? Finish 8th again? Tired of that crap.

Fire Gauthier and his staff get a high staff and get rid of some dead wood in the summer.

Get ready with a new division and a better team next year.

Tired of mediocrity.

Since 1995 (Roy trade) we finished in the East in:

5th, 8th, 7th, 11th, 10th, 11th, 8th, 10th, 7th, 7th, 10th, 1st, 8th, 8th, 6th

Besides the season Kovalev pulled out a susperstar season out of his hat, we finished lover than 6th 12 of the last 14 years.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Pedro McGuire*

I have given up on the season now....the silver lining for me however is seeing Emelin lay down the law on a fairly regular basis, Its something I havent seen in Montreal in a good long time.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Actually I think you can move up 4 spots if you win the lottery, so we have to be 5th last to have have a chance.
Yeah maybe I should have specified 5th. Reason I said 3rd, honestly right now if things go the way they are we'll likely end up 3rd from last

Each ranking = higher % chance though isn't it?

Old
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
What's the point of winning for this season? Finish 8th again? Tired of that crap.

Fire Gauthier and his staff get a high staff and get rid of some dead wood in the summer.

Tired of mediocrity.

Besides the season Kovalev pulled out a susperstar season out of his hat, we finished lover than 6th 12 of the last 14 years.
Some of my friends and I are high right now. He should hire us. I'd immediately make TT my adviser aka the guy really running the show. Then I'd higher Whitesnake and Boucher to scout for us. I heard the Blue Jays GM wasn't exactly a well known guy either until he made it big. These two guys should be showing up before practices early AM to scope out if PG or others show up and heckle them for a job scouting.

I'd make some crazy decisions like that but I'd leave all the choices in scouting and GM stuff up to Trevor Timmins and would serve more as a president. PS: I'm an anglo, it wouldn't go over well.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:32 PM
neofury*

PS: I'd bide my time and wait for Buffalo to make the mistake of finally firing Ruff. They've spent the most in years and the results have been quite poor, if they continue down this path he might be next. In the meantime I'd try to lure Demers back in.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Et le But

Just lose baby.

I can't cheer against the Habs, and once the game starts I'll be still puling for us to turn things around, but it's getting closer...plus if the Jets make the playoffs, especially if it's at the expense of a team like the Leafs, it would be awesome.

Quote:
Salut tout le monde!

All the best
I hope you guys make the playoffs, the atmosphere would be unreal.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

Tired of mediocrity.

Well technically, if we were able to pull off an 8th place finish we'd probably have to be the best team going down the stretch and into the playoffs (or one of them).

I've kinda accepted that this season will just be a write-off and am hoping for the best going forward, but if we were able to miraculously make the playoffs I'd be happy. Just don't finish in the dreaded 9-11 spots.

Quote:
Salut tout le monde!

All the best
If we have to lose our playoff spot this year there are worse teams that can get it than the Jets.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Salut tout le monde!

All the best
Well, you have a good chance of winning. Don't blow it.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:

Tired of mediocrity.

k we've heard this argument like 5000 times. Time to get a new one, tankers

Old
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
neofury*

If the Leafs don't make the playoffs and Winnipeg does in their place I'll be so happy, especially if Buffalo also doesn't make it. I don't much like Ottawa but for some reason I'd rather they succeed than Buffalo or Toronto

Toronto being good this year so far (until recently) reminded me of why I hate their team. When they're a worthy opponent the rivalry is worthwhile.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Win and win well. PP goals are a must until we address the size issue.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Young Gun

i hope the boo birds are so loud that Pg has to move out of the city and take some of the over paid bums like cammy, gomez, markov, gionta, with him when he leaves!!
Jets 10 habs 0, just get pass this dark period the habs fine themselves in!!!

Old
01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
mrcontractor

4-1 Winnipeg...they'll be playing hard tonight to get into that 7th spot.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
poetryinmotion

Right now I don't feel like I'm cheering against the habs if I secretly hope for a loss. If we draft top3 we could get a sick player no matter what, who would step right into the NHL; and next year we'd be better than ever after letting go of some of these bums like Gomez. At the TDL Gauthier (or whoever) NEEDS to make it a priority to fetch us an other 1st rounder.Flyers style rebuild, gogogo!

Old
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
DJ Breadman

Geoff Molson has a twitter account now, if the habs lose tonight it could get ugly, LOL

Old
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Krnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Geoff Molson has a twitter account now, if the habs lose tonight it could get ugly, LOL
what is twitter...i wanna follow him

Old
01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Protest the Hero

I hope for an exciting game, the outcome means very little at this point. I just don't want our future core players to get fed up playing here, that's my only worry about being a lottery team, especially with the fans we have.

Closed Thread