Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets at Montréal Canadiens - 04/01/12

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
KrisowszyJetsPL

vCash: 500

#74 Kosticyn?? Is he praying?? I'm praying too for W!
So Win!! Damn it!

uh uh uh win win win!

Gooooo Jets!

Old
01-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
This is going to be a tough one. Habs may not be too good right now, but I have no doubt we'll have our hands full tonight. I'm sure Price will give us a good run for our money, so we'll have to be crashing the net, screening him, etc. Make life tough on him, get in his head, get him off his game.

We've had a few days off here, so we should be well rested, I just hope it doesn't take us too long to get our legs going.

Big night for the standings. Last night we saw Washington, Buffalo and Toronto all come out with the win and 2 points. Tonight Boston plays NJ, so that is one to keep an eye on. A win tonight is very important so we can keep pace with those around us.

In our last 21 games (ever since we lost to Columbus after our long road trip and Mason, Glass, etc. stated publicly the team and some guys needed to be better) we have gone 14-5-1. Let's keep this trend going and make it the normal.

Go Jets Go!

Old
01-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoThrashGo View Post

#74 Kosticyn?? Is he praying?? I'm praying too for W!
So Win!! Damn it!

uh uh uh win win win!

Gooooo Jets!
Thats Emelin
And yes he is praying

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
01-04-2012, 08:23 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Jets win a close game! Since the NHL came back to Winnipeg the team i think our fan base can relate the most to is Montreal.....never thought id ever say this but i kinda dont mind them

Old
01-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Nervous about this game. Price has played solid against the Jets.

I just hope we jump to a early lead so they can't sit back and defend the whole game.
That's not nervous you feel. 50 Eggies make you GI Tract feel a little twitchy.

Good times over in the MTL GDT. 2 pages of FAIL FOR NAIL going on after the CAN-RUS game last night. Too bad with the likes of the Ducks and Columbus they'll still get stuck with second or third pick. We shall however do our best to accomodate their desire to finish as poorly as possible

Old
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM
ps241
2.6% chance

Enjoyed listening to Beyak being interviewed from Montreal on the morning show on my drive in today and he made a couple of points that are worth repeating

He mentioned that the Jets record is identical going into January as the Thrashers record was last year and this is when the team got complacent last year and the slide began. Although last year is not important to the coaching staff or the city of Winnipeg it does appear like it something that is quite important to the actual players. Ladd mentioned it and it sounds like the team is very motivated to not repeat last year’s mistake. Nothing like learning lessons the hard way.

point 2 was that Beyak sensed the team was really anxious to get on the road this week and establish themselves as a good road team. He also mentioned that January is not a heavy schedule and its actually attractive. We start out with four on the road but its at a time when the guys want to be on the road, then we come home for two and after that the worst situation is we go out for two short road trips with back to back games but in both cases we have been at home for 5 days leading up to the trips.

I really sensed from Beyak that the team gets it and are anxious to prove something this month.

the flip side is Montreal starts a 7 game home stand tonight and they are looking at this as the make or break it part of their season. The only fear I have is a really hot Price.

My hopes are that at a minimum we come up with 4 points in the next 4 games and hopefully 5.

Old
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1700
the disclaimer you lifted from the Kings GDT still refers to PuckU. do you think you shoudl alter it? or leave it as a homage to the creator?

Old
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Posting in thread now as I will probably be missing this game. Hope they can get a big win on the road tonight.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
DinoNeils

Word on the street is that Slater is back tonight. Anybody heard anything about Little?

Old
01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

4-3 Jets.

Fehr gets his first goal by stuffing in a rebound.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoNeils View Post
Word on the street is that Slater is back tonight. Anybody heard anything about Little?
Illegal Curve:

Quote:
The Jets are expecting centre Bryan Little back in the line-up tonight. Little has missed the last six games with a foot injury but he has been skating this week and appears ready to go. Jets centre Jim Slater is also expected to be in the lineup. Slater has the missed the last two games with a rib injury.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Jet Bomber
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to go with a two point effort from both Kane and Burmistrov in a 4-2 victory.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Enjoyed listening to Beyak being interviewed from Montreal on the morning show on my drive in today and he made a couple of points that are worth repeating

He mentioned that the Jets record is identical going into January as the Thrashers record was last year and this is when the team got complacent last year and the slide began. Although last year is not important to the coaching staff or the city of Winnipeg it does appear like it something that is quite important to the actual players. Ladd mentioned it and it sounds like the team is very motivated to not repeat last year’s mistake. Nothing like learning lessons the hard way.

point 2 was that Beyak sensed the team was really anxious to get on the road this week and establish themselves as a good road team. He also mentioned that January is not a heavy schedule and its actually attractive. We start out with four on the road but its at a time when the guys want to be on the road, then we come home for two and after that the worst situation is we go out for two short road trips with back to back games but in both cases we have been at home for 5 days leading up to the trips.

I really sensed from Beyak that the team gets it and are anxious to prove something this month.

the flip side is Montreal starts a 7 game home stand tonight and they are looking at this as the make or break it part of their season. The only fear I have is a really hot Price.

My hopes are that at a minimum we come up with 4 points in the next 4 games and hopefully 5.

That's all quite encouraging.

Very happy to hear Little and Slater are back in the line-up!

This should be a great game!

Old
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
C Plus

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
That's not nervous you feel. 50 Eggies make you GI Tract feel a little twitchy.

Good times over in the MTL GDT. 2 pages of FAIL FOR NAIL going on after the CAN-RUS game last night. Too bad with the likes of the Ducks and Columbus they'll still get stuck with second or third pick. We shall however do our best to accomodate their desire to finish as poorly as possible
I'm not surprised. After all, Yakupov is bilingual (sort of)...

Old
01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
MadMen88

4-3 in a SO. Kane, Stuart and Slater.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
razorsedge

I hope Kane plasters Subhan in the corners all game long and runs over Price.

GO JETS GO!

Old
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
DinoNeils

From the TSNTwetbox:

No Cammalleri or Kaberle at Habs optional skate this morning

Old
01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Sweech
COYS!

I wonder what the lineups are going to look like with Slater and Little back.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Canadiens are reeling lately so I can see us winning this one by a larger margin than most games are decided by. So with the interest of the fans/media of Montreal understanding and to not let Cunneyworth in on my prediction I will post it in French.

Les Jets gagnent 6-1.
Ron Hainsey marque 6 buts.

Last edited by Lynk: 01-04-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old
01-04-2012, 10:56 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Montreal has actually looked like a better team the last few games. Cunneyworth's coaching is probably finally having an impact.

I think they'll be motivated after the whole fight between Subban/Plekanec at practice. Hopefully the Jets can weather the early storm.

Old
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Le Golie

This is a team the Jets have to beat. Price is amazing pretty much every game yet the Habs continue to falter. It's time people stop viewing them as a struggling team, they just aren't good.

We still owe them an *** kicking in their own barn. No better night than tonight.

Old
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
MadMen88

Yea, the Kane and Subban rivalry is one that hasn't been forgotten by either party. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw some more fireworks tonight! And in what should be seen as a major game from the Canadiens perspective, wouldn't be surprised to see them come up with one of their best performances of the year. Having said that, we're the Jets and we're a better team right now...I agree with the guy a few posts up who suggested that Kane getting physically involved in Price's crease is a good thing. As long as he has sufficient backup in guys like Wheeler, Stuart and Bogosian, Kane should be able to do whatever he wants, when he wants, how he wants...looking forward to a good old nationally televised MTL vs WPG game and I'm not talking about the Bombers and Al's, I'm talking the Jets and the Canadiens baby...

Old
01-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Is tonight the game where the French separatist groups are protesting at the game because Cunneyworth is Anglo??

Looking forward to watching the Jets continue their momentum into 2012. Game may be tight checking and dull tonight since Jets on the road and Habs trying to stop their freefall.

I don't see Subban dropping the mitts with Bogo. Pretty certain that PK is saving himself for practice.

GO JETS GO

Old
01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Canadiens are reeling lately so I can see us winning this one by a larger margin than most games are decided by. And with the interest of the fans/media of Montreal understanding and to not let Cunneyworth in on my prediction I will post it in French.

Les Jets gagnent 6-1.
Ron Hainsey marque 6 buts.
C'est vrai

Old
01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
Is tonight the game where the French separatist groups are protesting at the game because Cunneyworth is Anglo??

Looking forward to watching the Jets continue their momentum into 2012. Game may be tight checking and dull tonight since Jets on the road and Habs trying to stop their freefall.

I don't see Subban dropping the mitts with Bogo. Pretty certain that PK is saving himself for practice.

GO JETS GO
No
it's on Saturday

Closed Thread