HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In response...some new cheer ideas

Old
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

vCash: 500
In response...some new cheer ideas

Many of these aren't new. I googled a lot of them and since I am not as frequent a live watcher as some of you, you can probably school me but I love some of these and thought we should use them. Of course I would love to come up with some Nashville/Country inspired ones but Minnesota hockey and others had some great ones...

I am going to this Saturday's game on 1/7 and would love to help blow the roof off Bridgestone

Funny Ideas for cheers/chants

Time Left Cheer. Starting when the clock hits 1:04 of every period, as the seconds count down, you chant "How Much Time Is Left?". The announcer at 1:00 says, "One minute left in the period." After that, like the polite kids you are, you say "Thank you". If you've been good all weekend, the announcer will respond with, "You're welcome."

--------------------

(When a piece of equipment falls off)

(individual) "There's a hand/head/stick on the ice!"

(alternate individual) "Oh the humanity!"

(third individual) "Won't someone please think of the children!"

---------------------

NOT AROUND THE KIDS BUT FUNNY

(On partial breakaways)

(individual) "Break his legs!"

(group) "Break his damn legs!"

(individual) "**** his mom!"

(group) "**** his damn mom!"

--------------------

(on penaltykills)

(Announcer) "The Predators return to full strength."

(crowd) "Pray for death!"

-------------------------
heres one when an opposing teams player falls....
1, 2, 3, 4, he just hit the icy floor
5, 6, 7, 8, where the hell"d you learn to skate..
---------------------------

finally one for the ref after a "bad" call...
zebra zebra short and stout....
find your head and pull it out..
-------------------------------
We all need to bow to Pekka ANYTIME he is introduced...This is a must!
---------------------------------
When any All-star or good player on the opposing team is intro'd say "Who?"

----------------------
From the Gophers'

Opposing Team Introduction - When the player is announced, this is what should be said:
Goalie - "Sieve!" (once and only once)
First Skater - "Hack"
Second Skater - "Who's he?"
Third Skater - "Never heard of him"
Fourth Skater - "Go home."
Fifth Skater - "Who cares?"
Coach - "Nice Tie!"

I LIKE THIS ONE!
Sing to the tune of Camptown Races... (Wait for the band to start it)
(Goalie's name) is a great big sieve, DO Dah, DO Dah.
(Goalie's name) is a great big sieve, he lets the puck go by.
He lets the puck go BY, he lets the puck go by.
(Goalie's name) is a great big sieve, he lets the puck go by.
You Suck!....... ALL!!!! NIGHT!!!! LONG!!!!

When penalties expire
When the Gophers kill a penalty...
Jamie says: "Gophers are at full strength!"
Fans Respond: "Always were!"

If fans leave early (real fans never leave early)
Beat the traffic (clap.... clap... clap clap clap)
Beat the traffic (clap.... clap... clap clap clap)

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Hey ref, get off your knees ... You know the rest ... lol

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

A lot of those are done, or have variations of them done.

303 has plenty of chants and taunts. The problem is that they don't use most of them anymore.

I've always envisioned 303 as the ideal opportunity for us to have a soccer-style supporter section, with big displays and lots of songs and chants, but it's tough to do that in a traditional American sports atmosphere, where music between plays drowns out any attempt at singing, even if it's one or two whole sections. I mean, if we get halfway to this...

... it'd make for an awesome atmosphere.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:26 AM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

As a "Soccer" fan I totally agree! Let's bring the Scouse to Bridgestone. Sart our own Hooligan-ship. Gonna shave my head for this damn game and bring the ruckus and even if I am not in 303, you will hear me on Saturday

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 09:42 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

don't think so.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Fo Shea Shea

No thanks. Soccer sucks!

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I wish we did have a soccer style atmosphere with a supporters section. I'd love to hear chants and singing all game long. That's why people used to always say how they loved coming to Nashville because of the college party atmosphere at games. What the hell is going on?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:33 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Im against this idea.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:23 AM
predfan98

sry....singing and chanting the whole game, vuvuzellas, displays.....no thanks.

it needs to be simple.....someone in another thread said something about the organ and musical chords that maybe cue the crowd to let's go preds or something similar...

and someone else said substitute "you rock" to "you suck" during the goal song...

simple and easy ..... it's hard to get a whole arena of changing fans to hear something, decide to participate, and do it the next time.. ...
and the things that we're used to doing.... some were started by 303 in the past and have evolved to being arena wide ..... that is the 303 legacy that we're missing now...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Predsboro

with respect to the OP ... have you BEEN to a game in Nashville? 303 already does most of that.

And Soccer singing/chanting the whole game? No thanks ... We just want 303 to step up their game and get back to what they did best (especially under the leadership of MH) without seeming like they are the anointed superfans of Smashville. We all are great fans ... we just need a return of the "leadership" of 303 to get it happening TOGETHER ... not pockets here and there all over the arena.

And why do so many want the sign to come down? I don't get this ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
PhoneGuy

Some other ideas:

Goal celebration - "Go Preds" instead of "You Suck" - Get it completely away from a "You ____" .

As far as group cheers, the University of Cinncinnati had one of the best ones I've heard in a while..their whole fan section would chant "Gooooooooooooo! Goooooooooooo! Gooooooooooooooo! " then clap in unison (clap clap clap...clap clap), and end with "U C!". Sometimes the band would accompany it with drums, and then sometimes the fans would just chant it by theirselves.

Unfortunately I heard it way too many times at the Liberty Bowl. Still, it was pretty awesome to hear and see the entire fan section doing it.

edit: Found a Youtube clip of it.

Sounds more like they're saying "Ooooooooooooooooooooh!", but I like my version better..

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 01-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.
PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Some other ideas:

Goal celebration - "Go Preds" instead of "You Suck" - Get it completely away from a "You ____" .
I think the genie is out of the bottle on this one ... but I totally agree. We use the word "suck" WAY too much.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I think the genie is out of the bottle on this one ... but I totally agree. We use the word "suck" WAY too much.
Probably so. Seems like the word "suck" has really worked it's way into the everyday American vernacular.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Euro soccer has the fan activity because they need something to do during the games.

Whatever is chanted in the Bridge needs to be simple, easily understood by newbies, and quick. The only songs we need are the Anthem pre-game (God Bless America when dallas is in town) ... the goal song ... the victory song d'jour ... that's it.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:33 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Euro soccer has the fan activity because they need something to do during the games.

Whatever is chanted in the Bridge needs to be simple, easily understood by newbies, and quick. The only songs we need are the Anthem pre-game (God Bless America when dallas is in town) ... the goal song ... the victory song d'jour ... that's it.
To each their own I guess. I just know away fans used to come away from the bridge (well GEC back then) very impressed with our crowd. I doubt they are saying that much anymore. Now, we did make a name for ourselves in the playoffs last year, but things have calmed down considerably.

Old
01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
To each their own I guess. I just know away fans used to come away from the bridge (well GEC back then) very impressed with our crowd. I doubt they are saying that much anymore. Now, we did make a name for ourselves in the playoffs last year, but things have calmed down considerably.
People used to to to games for the game of all things. Then somebody put an organ in a stadium ... followed by a record player or tape deck hooked up to the PA system ... now we have threads dedicated to the bump music, video selections, and chants.

We've made a name for being loud in every playoff series ... from Leggy's playoff goal in '04 through last spring. Usually it's from things like the standing O during the tv timeout, the simple chants, or spontaneous cheering that get the building going ... not a 303 chant that requires looking through their webpage to learn the words. Watching on TV ... "you suck" comes through clear ... "go preds" and "let's go pred-a-tors" comes through clear .... about half the time you can hear the singsong calling out of the goalie clearly .... "it's all your fault" rarely makes it .... "sieve" is muffled in house and doesn't make it through the broadcast ... never heard "303 rocks" or "303 rules" make it through the speakers.

Simple .. quick .. easily understood works. Pre planned, complicated, only the diehards will ever know, much less join in on. It's part of what made the first TV timeout standing O to rally the team so special ... all it took was clapping, yelling, and generally being loud so everyone could easily join.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

After watching an NBC Sports Network commercial a few min ago with "Believe" being the key point, I think that everytime there's say 5 min left in the game and we are down we should all start chanting "We Believe!". That is very simple and you know that would get the players attention. What better way to lift up the team besides an impromptu standing O. Think about in the playoffs and we are down by 1 goal and 17xxx people are all chanting "We Believe". How freaking insane would that be? That would resonate very well on tv as well.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
After watching an NBC Sports Network commercial a few min ago with "Believe" being the key point, I think that everytime there's say 5 min left in the game and we are down we should all start chanting "We Believe!". That is very simple and you know that would get the players attention. What better way to lift up the team besides an impromptu standing O. Think about in the playoffs and we are down by 1 goal and 17xxx people are all chanting "We Believe". How freaking insane would that be? That would resonate very well on tv as well.
Except all Toronto fans would swear we were chanting "Ma-ple Leaf"..