HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '12 — Canada

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinGT View Post
IMO: Keith, Staal, Vlasic, Subban, Phaneuf, DZ, Girardi, Boumeester, Schenn, Methot.

Vlasic was the Sharks 2nd most valuable player this year after Thornton. The top 5 in my rankings can be all interchangable, with only really that 6th spot up for grabs.
Keith, Girardi, Staal, Phaneuf, Subban, Boumeester, DZ, , Schenn, Methot , Vlasic

That would be mine and thats because i dont know Method or Vlasic

Old
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Vlasic's a good pickup. I'm not sure how you don't know Vlasic, considering he's been a good, solid defenseman for the Sharks for a couple years now.

Old
04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Vlasic's a good pickup. I'm not sure how you don't know Vlasic, considering he's been a good, solid defenseman for the Sharks for a couple years now.
I haven't seen Vlasic or Method enough (if at all) to rate them...

Old
04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Vlasic is a great young defensive d man.

Old
04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Alpine

Marc-Edouard Vlasic...nickname Pickle.
Played 81 NHL games as a 19 year old. A vet now at the ripe old age of 24. Your stay at home, keep the house clean D. scores 5-6 goals a year maybe 20 assists.
Might be the guy for Subban. He'll stay at home so PK can carry the puck through centre ice. Like Gill did in Montreal.

Old
04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1091
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Keith, Girardi, Staal, Phaneuf, Subban, Boumeester, DZ, , Schenn, Methot , Vlasic

That would be mine and thats because i dont know Method or Vlasic
Keith Girardi, Staal, Vlasic, Subban, Phaneuf, Del Zotto Bouwmeester, Schenn, Methot.

Vlasic is easily a top-10 defensive defenseman in the NHL. He has flawless positioning, shot-blocking, and stick-checking. He'll quietly be a game-changer.

Vlasic would be a great partner for a Phaneuf or a Subban. Someone safe who can let an offensive D roam and do there stuff.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Keith Girardi, Staal, Vlasic, Subban, Phaneuf, Del Zotto Bouwmeester, Schenn, Methot.

Vlasic is easily a top-10 defensive defenseman in the NHL. He has flawless positioning, shot-blocking, and stick-checking. He'll quietly be a game-changer.

Vlasic would be a great partner for a Phaneuf or a Subban. Someone safe who can let an offensive D roam and do there stuff.
Thanks for the reply.

Vlasic vs Method vs Gorges anyone

Old
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Vlasic thrown UNDER THE BUS !!! LOLOL

Marc-Edouard Vlasic was the goat of the game on Saturday as he put the puck in his own net on the first St. Louis goal. It happened 1:31 into the second period and while fellow defenseman Dan Boyle said that it wasn't a factor, his netminder Antti Niemi disagreed and threw him under the bus. "I think that's what changed the game," said Niemi. "We had to chase them all the way and we couldn't tie it. That changed the whole game, I think." You don't exactly love teammates like that. (Source: csn.bayarea.com)

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...gi?5409#303682

Old
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Leaf

Quote:
It happened 1:31 into the second period and while fellow defenseman Dan Boyle said that it wasn't a factor, his netminder Antti Niemi disagreed and threw him under the bus. "I think that's what changed the game," said Niemi. "We had to chase them all the way and we couldn't tie it. That changed the whole game, I think." You don't exactly love teammates like that.
Wow, that's pretty classless of Niemi. It wasn't a great move, of course, but stupid things happen like that. If anything, it was soft of Niemi to let the puck through on a shot like that.

Regardless of that flub, Vlasic is a solid pickup for the WC. I'm really liking the roster so far. Our fourth line is as good as some teams' first.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Who has committed already?? Anyone have a list?

Old
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
OGBobbyFarnham

Don't know if i'm late to the party. Dreger is reporting Seguin and Vlasic probably. Team Canada needed 1 F and 1 D.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
BLBarmada

We have like what 1 spot left ?

Old
04-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Vlasic thrown UNDER THE BUS !!! LOLOL

Marc-Edouard Vlasic was the goat of the game on Saturday as he put the puck in his own net on the first St. Louis goal. It happened 1:31 into the second period and while fellow defenseman Dan Boyle said that it wasn't a factor, his netminder Antti Niemi disagreed and threw him under the bus. "I think that's what changed the game," said Niemi. "We had to chase them all the way and we couldn't tie it. That changed the whole game, I think." You don't exactly love teammates like that. (Source: csn.bayarea.com)

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...gi?5409#303682
Ok?

Dan Boyle's done the same thing, so would that somehow make him less of the skilled defenseman that he is? Or is it OK for him to do it, because you've heard of him?

Old
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1091
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Vlasic vs Method vs Gorges anyone
Vlasic and Gorges are very similar players, although I'd personally take Vlasic. Vlasic and Gorges are top-2 defensemen, Methot is absolutely not.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
Don't know if i'm late to the party. Dreger is reporting Seguin and Vlasic probably. Team Canada needed 1 F and 1 D.
Id rather see Seguin turn it down, and focus on getting stronger.If he adds more muscle the sky is the limit with his speed.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Hopkins to Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
Id rather see Seguin turn it down, and focus on getting stronger.If he adds more muscle the sky is the limit with his speed.
He'll still have plenty of time in the off season to train. Playing for Canada and showing he is committed to doing everything he can to make the Olympic team is more important IMO. The experience these young guys are getting playing with all these elite level team mates can only help their confidence and development.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
What about J Staal? what happened to him ??? so 0 Penguins committed ???

Old
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
So we only play one exhibition game and its vs Switzerland?
We play the Swiss in 2 exhibition games on the 29th and the 1st. Probably because we waited till teams were not making the playoffs before we chose the roster. As you can see all the other teams in the tourney have been playing against each other since early April except Canada and USA.. Nice advantage if you ask me..

http://www.iihf.com/channels-12/iihf...ion-games.html

Old
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
According to rds : http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/339228.html

Vlasic accepted invitation...so looks official for Vlasic...

This leaves 1 Forwards spot...

Old
Elever
Hth

Is Tyler Myers still recovering from injury or something? He would be beast in an international sized rink.

If NYR win and Ottawa are the ones eliminated then I guess Jared Cowen is an option.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Is Tyler Myers still recovering from injury or something? He would be beast in an international sized rink.

If NYR win and Ottawa are the ones eliminated then I guess Jared Cowen is an option.
See previous post...Vlasic is the last D to accept...http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/339228.html

But the Team can ad about 2 more players or so after the tournament starts...but i dont know how this will play out...

Old
04-26-2012, 06:26 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
He'll still have plenty of time in the off season to train. Playing for Canada and showing he is committed to doing everything he can to make the Olympic team is more important IMO. The experience these young guys are getting playing with all these elite level team mates can only help their confidence and development.
http://www.whl.ca/article/murray-add...re-comp-roster

MURRAY ADDED TO CANADA'S PRE-COMP

I dont know what is going on...

The four players that have been added to Canada’s roster for the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship are:

P NAME Hometown /Club Team
D Duncan Keith Penticton, B.C./ Chicago, NHL
D Luke Schenn Saskatoon, Sask./Toronto, NHL
D Marc-Edouard Vlasic Montreal, Que./ San Jose, NHL
F Patrick Sharp Thunder Bay, Ont./ Chicago, NHL

Hockey Canada also announced that two non-NHL players will take part in Canada’s National Men’s Team’s pre-competition camp in Switzerland.

D Ryan Murray White City, Sask./ Everett, WHL
F Adam Mitchell Port Elgin, Ont./ Mannheim, Germany

Old
04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Who the hell is Adam Mitchell? Does this mean no Seguin?

Old
04-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Who the hell is Adam Mitchell? Does this mean no Seguin?
He's just a camp fill-out.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinGT View Post
IMO: Keith, Staal, Vlasic, Subban, Phaneuf, DZ, Girardi, Boumeester, Schenn, Methot.

Vlasic was the Sharks 2nd most valuable player this year after Thornton. The top 5 in my rankings can be all interchangable, with only really that 6th spot up for grabs.
I think this rating is perfect, exactly how I would rate it as well, maybe swap DZ and Girardi but great.

Closed Thread