HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs jerseys at sens games

Old
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Speaking of which, if anyone here on Sens HF actually HAS one of those god-awful Ducks jerseys and wants to make some $ (or trade it for a different jersey), as a jersey collector, I'd be very interested in talking to you. Sell, trade.... whatever gets me one of these fugly beauties.

(and yes, I realize this isn't Kijiji, but damn, I've been looking for one of those for years. Any leads help )
Biggest mistake I ever made was not buying one when I was younger and in Toronto, at one of those numerous pakistani jersey stores on Yonge Street, there was the leaping duck jersey staring right at me for like $70 Canadian, and at this time the Canadian dollar was like 65 cents to the US dollar, I still regret it and have nightmares to this day.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
They are people in desparate need of attention.
That's pretty much it I think. Attention...rhymes-with-bores.

They are at a Sens Pens game but they just can't help advertising to the world that I'm a Leaf fan, because it's "all about *me*". No big deal I suppose but I don't know why anyone would do that.

Inkling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
koreaboy

your typical ottawa-based leaf fan is a real dirtbag. i've talked about this topic at length with a couple of very good friends who happen to be leaf fans, and they agree. they were born in toronto but moved here, have seen leaf fans in toronto and in ottawa, and agree that there's something really off about ottawa-based leaf fans. they are FAR more rude, obnoxious, and aggressive than other leaf fans. its almost like they feel they have to overcompensate because they live in ottawa. they have to be MORE rude and MORE obnoxious just to show their colours living in "enemy" territory.

there are few creatures as truly loathsome as the ottawa-based leaf fan.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Fitch89

I was at the Ottawa-Toronto rookie tournament game and there were a couple of 400 lbers wearing philly jerseys, found it wierd/funny

Fitch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
SensNo1
Sens#1

Ya, there was a couple wearing Leafs jerseys close to me at the Flames game. Really puzzled me. It's not like you're at a concert and you're wearing some other band's shirt, this is a competitive sport with rivalries. If I got Leafs tickets and couldn't sell them for some inexplicable reason, I'd just buy the cheapest version of the other team's t-shirt I could find, or just wear something not hockey related.

EDIT: Wearing a Leafs jersey at a Sens game or vice-versa is just asinine.

SensNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

I went to a Tampa - Seattle game in Tampa two years ago, and stuck an 'R' over the 'J' on my Jays jersey.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

I recall seeing a person wearing a leafs jersey jumping up and down during a goal for the Sens. He was sitting behind the net, so I saw it in the highlights.

The only explanation I can have for this, is that he lost a bet. Or maybe he just likes both the Leafs and Sens(impossible). Either way, I got a kick out of that.

Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:53 AM
kbuzz

saw a dude in a habs jersey doing the same behind the net.

And how about that one guy wearing a crossed out sens jersey cheering for god knows who.

We should start wearing HC Davos jerseys to home games.

kbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Caeldan

I'm thinking I might pick up a Milton Keynes Lightning jersey before I come back to Canada and the next hockey game I get to go to - wear it.

I've gone to random NHL games before (saw Calgary-CBJ once in Saddledome), just because I was in the city and wanted to see a game in the city.

Didn't bust out a Sens jersey for that though.

I could see it in some cases, like if it was say a Sens Vermette jersey at a CBJ game. You can't really fault someone for not wanting to drop another 100+ just cause their favourite player got traded or signed elsewhere.

In other cases I guess it's just a 'I want to wear something related'... I'll admit I've tossed on a Sens jersey to go out to watch Team Canada games at a pub/bar, usually works out okay to figure out who else are the hockey fans that are there to watch the game as well as someone will likely approach you (and if you're anywhere in SW Ontario, a Sens jersey also acts as a warning system from the first couple words out of their mouth).

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:27 AM
DukeNukem

never go full retard

DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:06 AM
KarlSen

Interesting read in the general thread of the All-Star voting. Lots of comments, many that it isn't right etc., but it is the Leaf fans who get the nastiest with Krusty shots, and comments about attendence, etc. And they wonder why we don't luv 'em.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post41941255

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

It's a free country.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
HankHillC3H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Interesting read in the general thread of the All-Star voting. Lots of comments, many that it isn't right etc., but it is the Leaf fans who get the nastiest with Krusty shots, and comments about attendence, etc. And they wonder why we don't luv 'em.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post41941255
I summed up the last few months for a Leafs fan in one post in that thread.

HankHillC3H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
hockeyfan747

At least a leafs jersey is the same sport. I was at a Buffalo vs Ottawa game last year and someone was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers NFL jersey. That is the most ridiculous thing I have seen

hockeyfan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
SensNo1
Sens#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I went to a Tampa - Seattle game in Tampa two years ago, and stuck an 'R' over the 'J' on my Jays jersey.
Awesome!

SensNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan747 View Post
At least a leafs jersey is the same sport. I was at a Buffalo vs Ottawa game last year and someone was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers NFL jersey. That is the most ridiculous thing I have seen
I have no problem with that. At that point, the Steelers jersey just becomes "clothes", it has no association with anything to do with the game or sport in question. I've seen tons of people wear Jays jerseys to Sens games too, it's just a shirt at that point.

Although I do question that person's moral fiber for being a dirty, dirty Steelers fan...

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
RonTextall

Send a message via Skype™ to RonTextall
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
your typical ottawa-based leaf fan is a real dirtbag. i've talked about this topic at length with a couple of very good friends who happen to be leaf fans, and they agree. they were born in toronto but moved here, have seen leaf fans in toronto and in ottawa, and agree that there's something really off about ottawa-based leaf fans. they are FAR more rude, obnoxious, and aggressive than other leaf fans. its almost like they feel they have to overcompensate because they live in ottawa. they have to be MORE rude and MORE obnoxious just to show their colours living in "enemy" territory.

there are few creatures as truly loathsome as the ottawa-based leaf fan.
As a Leaf fan in Ottawa, I am surprised by the lack of visibility of Leafs fans, save for Leafs @ Sens games. My family is from Ottawa (where I was born) and I have always supported the team. I remember buying a Sens baseball cap before they played a game. My best friend and I drove from Kingston to see their lone victory against the Capitals during the 1998 playoffs.

I have bought in on partial season-ticket packages with friends for the last 3 years. I have a number of jerseys but I decided I was not going to be "that guy" and I bought a red Heatley jersey for $40 to wear to games. This year I bought a LeClaire SNES jersey and have been wearing it.

That same friend and I attended the last Leafs/Sens game and when the Leafs took a 1-0 lead, we stood up to applaud, and my friend was hit by a chunk of pizza. It got on his signed Wendel Clark jersey and on the seat. I couldn't believe it and think it's unfortunate that there is a person like that among Sens fans.

Wearing a Leaf jersey to a Sens game is the same as wearing it anywhere else...you are showing your support for the team. There is the added element of invoking the rivalry, but I always smile when I see them.

RonTextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTextall View Post
As a Leaf fan in Ottawa, I am surprised by the lack of visibility of Leafs fans, save for Leafs @ Sens games. My family is from Ottawa (where I was born) and I have always supported the team. I remember buying a Sens baseball cap before they played a game. My best friend and I drove from Kingston to see their lone victory against the Capitals during the 1998 playoffs.

I have bought in on partial season-ticket packages with friends for the last 3 years. I have a number of jerseys but I decided I was not going to be "that guy" and I bought a red Heatley jersey for $40 to wear to games. This year I bought a LeClaire SNES jersey and have been wearing it.

That same friend and I attended the last Leafs/Sens game and when the Leafs took a 1-0 lead, we stood up to applaud, and my friend was hit by a chunk of pizza. It got on his signed Wendel Clark jersey and on the seat. I couldn't believe it and think it's unfortunate that there is a person like that among Sens fans.

Wearing a Leaf jersey to a Sens game is the same as wearing it anywhere else...you are showing your support for the team. There is the added element of invoking the rivalry, but I always smile when I see them.
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that the obnoxious Ottawa-area-Leaf-fans are often students who a combination of drunk and cocky. I'd like to apologize for the pizza throw, I'd never do that to a person and I would hope for better from Sens fans.

01-06-2012, 09:20 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

Also saw a Habs and Avs jersey yesterday at the game.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
coladin

Quote:

I was aiming for his face...sorry.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:11 PM
RonTextall

Send a message via Skype™ to RonTextall
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that the obnoxious Ottawa-area-Leaf-fans are often students who a combination of drunk and cocky. I'd like to apologize for the pizza throw, I'd never do that to a person and I would hope for better from Sens fans.
Thanks. Other Sens fans we mentioned it to were appalled. I agree it's taking things too far.

RonTextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 01:36 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Thanks. Other Sens fans we mentioned it to were appalled. I agree it's taking things too far.
I wore my Sens gear to the NHL Entry Draft when it was held in Montreal a few years ago, and I got spit on in the hallway by a bunch of Habs fans.

Moral of the story: screw the Habs.

ACTUAL moral of the story: no, seriously. Screw those guys.

Super Top Secret Moral Of The Story, Done Sneakily In White: every team has a few D-bags, regardless of the size of the fanbase.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:04 AM
DukeNukem

Went to the Bruins game, there was a group of guys wearing Leafs and Habs jerseys walking around looking for attention. Poor desperate souls. Talk about needy.
I really can't stand watching Leafs play at SBP. Booing our captain is not funny, it's disrespectful and cast a bad light on all fans of Leafs. And it not just a couple of em, hundreds show up, what's up with that? I really do want to punch 'em.

DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:08 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I wore my Sens gear to the NHL Entry Draft when it was held in Montreal a few years ago, and I got spit on in the hallway by a bunch of Habs fans.

Moral of the story: screw the Habs.

ACTUAL moral of the story: no, seriously. Screw those guys.

Super Top Secret Moral Of The Story, Done Sneakily In White: every team has a few D-bags, regardless of the size of the fanbase.
I'd just wished they did that on a off-duty officer and get charged with assault lol. Spitting on someone is just something I can't stand.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
I'm thinking I might pick up a Milton Keynes Lightning jersey before I come back to Canada and the next hockey game I get to go to - wear it.

I've gone to random NHL games before (saw Calgary-CBJ once in Saddledome), just because I was in the city and wanted to see a game in the city.

Didn't bust out a Sens jersey for that though.

I could see it in some cases, like if it was say a Sens Vermette jersey at a CBJ game. You can't really fault someone for not wanting to drop another 100+ just cause their favourite player got traded or signed elsewhere.

In other cases I guess it's just a 'I want to wear something related'... I'll admit I've tossed on a Sens jersey to go out to watch Team Canada games at a pub/bar, usually works out okay to figure out who else are the hockey fans that are there to watch the game as well as someone will likely approach you (and if you're anywhere in SW Ontario, a Sens jersey also acts as a warning system from the first couple words out of their mouth).
Pick up an Oxford Stars jersey instead, seeing as they've gone bust. Screw MK Lightning

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote