HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs jerseys at sens games

Old
01-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcy View Post
Can anyone explain to me why someone would wear a leafs jersey to a sens vs penguins game at scotiabank place?

The last game I was at I saw several of these and wondered if these people were surprised to show up and learn that the leafs weren't playing that night!
This is easy enough.

Sometimes you throw on the old jersey and you get a ticket on the spur of the moment (happened to a good friend of mine) and you don't have time to go home and change into civvies, so you wear your team's threads, covered up by a coat.

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:30 AM
RonTextall

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to RonTextall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
I really can't stand watching Leafs play at SBP. Booing our captain is not funny, it's disrespectful and cast a bad light on all fans of Leafs. And it not just a couple of em, hundreds show up, what's up with that? I really do want to punch 'em.
I agree it's silly, but Sens fans boo Dion now, so it perpetuates itself.

Why wouldn't thousands of Leaf fans show up to watch the Leafs at SBP? I have started buying partial season ticket packages that include Leaf games. In doing so I support the Sens and my friends who are Sens fans, but will always be a Leaf fan.

I went on a road trip to Boston to see the Sens with 3 buddies last year. We wore Sens jerseys around Boston all day and to the game. I was behind the Sens 100% and it was eerie how proud I felt when they scored 2 goals and won 2-0. Walking out I got chirped big time for my Heatley jersey. I have since removed the name bar.

RonTextall is offline   Reply With Quote