HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tortorella On The Michael Kay Show

Old
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Tortorella On The Michael Kay Show

MK will have John Tortorella on today at 4:30. On 1050 ESPN Radio.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Will I be able to listen to it later?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Will I be able to listen to it later?
I'll be recording it.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I'll be recording it.
Would you mind uploading it to YouTube?

Old
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Would you mind uploading it to YouTube?
Yep, that's what I'll be doing

Old
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
awesome!!!

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Damn, ur the ****ing man!

Old
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Kay is brutal, but in for the video anyways.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Kay is brutal, but in for the video anyways.
LOL. First Francessa and now Kay. I'm starting to agree with some posters. We're never happy. We complain about no media exposure, get it, and still complain. I'm not a fan of either myself, but this has to be seen as good. Besides, Kay will have LaGreca(sp?) to prep him with some decent questions.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
LOL. First Francessa and now Kay. I'm starting to agree with some posters. We're never happy. We complain about no media exposure, get it, and still complain. I'm not a fan of either myself, but this has to be seen as good. Besides, Kay will have LaGreca(sp?) to prep him with some decent questions.
I don't mind Francessa really. He's not the best but his show is well constructed and he does decent interviews most of the time. I just don't like Kay even as Yankees fan. Lagreca is good though, I forgot about him so hopefully he's doing most of the questions. Kay is just brutal in general with any sports, especially when he talks Knicks. I never said the interview is going to be bad, who knows, it can be good.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Damn, ur the ****ing man!
I try

Old
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Don't know if this was posted before, but here is his full apology:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tortorella
I just want to get it straightened out. Regarding after the Winter Classic, the game and my press conference, first of all using the word ‘disgusting’ I don’t think was the proper way to go about it as far as talking about Dennis and Ian so I was wrong there. I was wrong there. Second of all, my tongue-in-cheek comments regarding NBC, the league, the refs as far as what’s come about here, people thinking was it fixed, are you trying to get it to overtime or that type of thinking, that was not even in my mind. They were sarcastic comments by me at the wrong time. It’s frustration on my part as far as the referees were concerned and how it was done at the end of the game. So please, I want to get that straight. Not for second, no way, time, shape or form, did I think anything like that goes on with our league, or ever will. For me to question the integrity of the league, the integrity of NBC, the integrity of Dennis and Ian, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Rangers, go right down through all the people here, there’s not a chance I’m thinking that way. It was wrong with my sarcasm, with my frustration and I apologize to everybody involved. I want to make sure that’s straight that that was not my intent. I was unemotional during that press conference, I was frustrated with what went on and I certainly handled it the wrong way. Especially to the two refs, to Dennis and Ian, I’ve known them for a long time, they do a great job, it’s one of the toughest jobs in the game. For me to put them under a microscope in that type of setting, at the Classic, was wrong. I tainted the Classic with my mouth and I shouldn’t have so I apologize to everybody involved.

Old
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
MK will have John Tortorella on today at 4:30. On 1050 ESPN Radio.
Wow, some genuine exposure. First, Mike "da sports pope" Franchesa with Hank and now Michael Kay with Torts. So benevolent of these sports radio blowhards to offer air space to our hockey team. What next?

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Don't know if this was posted before, but here is his full apology: Originally Posted by John Tortorella
I just want to get it straightened out. Regarding after the Winter Classic, the game and my press conference, first of all using the word Ďdisgustingí I donít think was the proper way to go about it as far as talking about Dennis and Ian so I was wrong there. I was wrong there. Second of all, my tongue-in-cheek comments regarding NBC, the league, the refs as far as whatís come about here, people thinking was it fixed, are you trying to get it to overtime or that type of thinking, that was not even in my mind. They were sarcastic comments by me at the wrong time. Itís frustration on my part as far as the referees were concerned and how it was done at the end of the game. So please, I want to get that straight. Not for second, no way, time, shape or form, did I think anything like that goes on with our league, or ever will. For me to question the integrity of the league, the integrity of NBC, the integrity of Dennis and Ian, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Rangers, go right down through all the people here, thereís not a chance Iím thinking that way. It was wrong with my sarcasm, with my frustration and I apologize to everybody involved. I want to make sure thatís straight that that was not my intent. I was unemotional during that press conference, I was frustrated with what went on and I certainly handled it the wrong way. Especially to the two refs, to Dennis and Ian, Iíve known them for a long time, they do a great job, itís one of the toughest jobs in the game. For me to put them under a microscope in that type of setting, at the Classic, was wrong. I tainted the Classic with my mouth and I shouldnít have so I apologize to everybody involved.
I like Torts, please don't get me wrong, but this is someone who talks the talk and can't walk the walk. Extremely hypocritical considering the short leash he had on a certain former #16... I know this isn't the right thread for that, but this is the first time I've seen his apology and quite frankly it comes off piss poor given his treatment of a former player who would be fined, suspended and banished from the NHL if he had "embarrassed" the team and the NHL the way Tortorella supposedly did on the league's biggest stage.

Worse than saying what Tortorella said when he did is apologizing for it afterwards. He said exactly what he meant and he meant everything he said. Own it and don't bend over to save face with Bettman. The calls and non-calls late in the game were a freaking disgrace!

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
MSG the place to be*

What exactly would make a good interview? That's what I don't get.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

"WW is ready, but we cannot find a spot for him right now."

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Cool to know Torts is a Giants fan.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Sauer will get a spot when he is ready.

Eminger deserves ice time.

EC hasn't taken opportunities of his ice time - great talented kid.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vbman09

vCash: 100
Eminger brings the Jam!

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I like Torts. He's always a good listen.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Nyrvana

Torts is honest, and straight forward. If I was a player, I'd love him. Just tells you how it is. Sounds like a good guy. HBO has really humanized him after his reputation from post game interviews.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Solid interview. we now know Wolski is ready but there isn't a spot open for him at the moment, and it's a good decision. If one of Mitchell or Hagelin fall off I can see him taking their spot, but I don't see Hagelin falling off, so it'll have to be Mitchell at some point. It's a great dilemma to have.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I like Torts, please don't get me wrong, but this is someone who talks the talk and can't walk the walk. Extremely hypocritical considering the short leash he had on a certain former #16... I know this isn't the right thread for that, but this is the first time I've seen his apology and quite frankly it comes off piss poor given his treatment of a former player who would be fined, suspended and banished from the NHL if he had "embarrassed" the team and the NHL the way Tortorella supposedly did on the league's biggest stage.

Worse than saying what Tortorella said when he did is apologizing for it afterwards. He said exactly what he meant and he meant everything he said. Own it and don't bend over to save face with Bettman. The calls and non-calls late in the game were a freaking disgrace!
It's not a matter of saving face with Bettman. Whether we agree with his initial comments or not it did make everybody look bad. I'm sure he was told to make that apology. Maybe he refuses and makes a stand. Then what? He questioned the integrity of the game, not just the refs. He did what he had to do. Is it hypocritical considering his comments of "He who shall be banished"? Yup. But that doesn't mean sometimes you have to eat crow and move on.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Wow, some genuine exposure. First, Mike "da sports pope" Franchesa with Hank and now Michael Kay with Torts. So benevolent of these sports radio blowhards to offer air space to our hockey team. What next?
This is all the Rangers getting their players and coaches on trying to gain momentum for the next couple of months. I'll take it. Rather here these guys then talk about the Yankees offering Edwin Jackson 18 million a year.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
It's not a matter of saving face with Bettman. Whether we agree with his initial comments or not it did make everybody look bad. I'm sure he was told to make that apology. Maybe he refuses and makes a stand. Then what? He questioned the integrity of the game, not just the refs. He did what he had to do. Is it hypocritical considering his comments of "He who shall be banished"? Yup. But that doesn't mean sometimes you have to eat crow and move on.
Yes and I agree to an extent, but the point you're missing is that he has the opportunity to speak his mind, eat crow/apologize and then move on. He was not giving that same right to a certain player, fair or unfair, based on his "reputation". If that player had made those comments, he would be suspended if not by the team directly, then by the league for a long, long time. Right or wrong?

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote