HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

After WJC - F.Forsberg or S.Collberg ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
  #1
Felix Perreault
Registered User
 
Felix Perreault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mt-Tremblant, Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
After WJC - F.Forsberg or S.Collberg ?

It was the first time a saw Collberg in action and I'm impress with his play. He have great hands, skills and know to put up points ! It was more tought to saw Forsberg because he has less icetime i think.

Who's the better player in your opinion ?

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
  #2
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Besides some dangles collberg really didnt create that much on his own, hes a shooter on a team filled with playmakers.
Forsberg plays a high energy game, the first games were he got much icetime he was so tired in the third periods he could barely skate.
If we're talking juniorhockey ide take collberg right now, but in 2-3 years when forsberg starts growing into his manbody he'll be better imo.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
  #3
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Forsberg, he has played great in the WJC. He has been unlucky with the points, has hit the post maybe 4 times and been robbed on several chances and also gotten a lot of third assists. Collberg has shown great hands and a scoring touch but is still a bit weak along the boards and in the defensive zone, needs to be stronger but he will probably turn out to be a good player. Forsberg has more potential imo.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:44 PM
  #4
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
The three berg's (Forsberg, Aberg, Collberg) should all be great players. A shame we didn't see Aberg this tournament.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 10:49 PM
  #5
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,147
vCash: 500
Give me Collberg.

Speed, hands, great hockey sense and a vicious shot create a very dangerous winger. I don't think he'll ever be a defensive wizard, but he's not afraid to get gritty despite his diminutive size.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
  #6
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 500
Collberg > Forsberg---Forsberg doesnot look like a conensus # 3 overall--doesn;t even llok top ten-very disappointed given all the hype on him...Collberg was a conensus mid-first on many rankings-but his very good performance at the WJHC should "rise" him -he sure looks certified top ten material to me...Can't teach the shot,good spped and INSTINCTS forthe game...Seems to have better hockey sense than Forsberg -at least that's what I see..and everyone agrees on his pro shot -you just can't teach that-either you got it or not--he does...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:16 AM
  #7
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,580
vCash: 500
Easily Forsberg. He's a mister everything and I personally think he's better than Landeskog was at this point last year (and almost a full year younger). FF may not have compiled a ton of points but he's been as dominant as a 17 year old can be in this tournament for a team that's in the gold medal game. While Collberg is a better finisher, Forsberg is one of the most intelligent players out there and has almost no weaknesses I can see.

If there weren't two phenom-type talents in Grigorenko and Yakupov in 2012, I think this guy would be getting huge hype as the consensus #1. I don't know if Collberg is a top 10 pick.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
  #8
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 51,249
vCash: 69
Still Forsberg AINEC in my mind. Colleberg has speed and a great shot, but he was always fumbling the puck, causing turnovers, not looking at the puck when his teammates tried to feed him with it. Forsberg has impressed me. I do agree that he may not be top 5 material, or NHL ready as others before this thread suggested, but he was easily the better of the two. If you guys want Collberg, take him. I'd be satisfied if Forsberg fell to my team...if my team wasn't in lottery contention.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
  #9
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Easily Forsberg. He's a mister everything and I personally think he's better than Landeskog was at this point last year (and almost a full year younger). FF may not have compiled a ton of points but he's been as dominant as a 17 year old can be in this tournament for a team that's in the gold medal game. While Collberg is a better finisher, Forsberg is one of the most intelligent players out there and has almost no weaknesses I can see.

If there weren't two phenom-type talents in Grigorenko and Yakupov in 2012, I think this guy would be getting huge hype as the consensus #1. I don't know if Collberg is a top 10 pick.
I agree with you here. Most people don't get much of a chance to get a good look at him and just write him off as a result.

He's a 17 year old playing in the WJC and playing pretty well. The fact that he even made Team Sweden is huge. He's one of the youngest in this year's draft, the kid has immense upside.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
  #10
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Easily Forsberg. He's a mister everything and I personally think he's better than Landeskog was at this point last year (and almost a full year younger). FF may not have compiled a ton of points but he's been as dominant as a 17 year old can be in this tournament for a team that's in the gold medal game. While Collberg is a better finisher, Forsberg is one of the most intelligent players out there and has almost no weaknesses I can see.

If there weren't two phenom-type talents in Grigorenko and Yakupov in 2012, I think this guy would be getting huge hype as the consensus #1. I don't know if Collberg is a top 10 pick.
I hope not. I want him in Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I agree with you here. Most people don't get much of a chance to get a good look at him and just write him off as a result.

He's a 17 year old playing in the WJC and playing pretty well. The fact that he even made Team Sweden is huge. He's one of the youngest in this year's draft, the kid has immense upside.
While this is true we can only go by what we see. This isn't the first international tournament, or league, that Collberg has outperformed Forsberg in though. Collberg is also a young 17 year old but is noticeably smaller than Forsberg.

I wouldn't be able to say that Collberg is better or has more potential just based on this tournament because there is a lot more to a player than that, but I like Collberg's skillset and he should be an impact player in the NHL.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
  #11
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,295
vCash: 500
i really like Collberg. I think he is going to be a good one. Not sure where he ranks in the draft but i would love if ottawa had a chance at him.

of course i havent seen him in the sell but both have been impressive for their age

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
  #12
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
While this is true we can only go by what we see. This isn't the first international tournament, or league, that Collberg has outperformed Forsberg in though. Collberg is also a young 17 year old but is noticeably smaller than Forsberg.

I wouldn't be able to say that Collberg is better or has more potential just based on this tournament because there is a lot more to a player than that, but I like Collberg's skillset and he should be an impact player in the NHL.
What other tournaments has Collberg outperformed Forsberg in? At the U-18 in April, Forsberg was PPG, Collberg wasn't even on the team. At the Hlinka in August, Collberg outscored Forsberg by 2 points, but those who actually saw the tournament said that Forsberg was clearly the best player in the entire tournament. At the U-20 in November, Forsberg outscored both Collberg and Aberg.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
  #13
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 51,249
vCash: 69
I didn't pay much attention to Sweden last year. Or the Kitchener Rangers for that matter. Has Forsberg really looked better than Landeskog? I mean my assessment of Forsberg is that he is not NHL ready but has star potential if he is developed correctly. By appearing more impressive than the most NHL-ready prospect of the 2011 draft, that would mean by translation that Forsberg is NHL-ready as well and I just don't see it.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:48 PM
  #14
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I didn't pay much attention to Sweden last year. Or the Kitchener Rangers for that matter. Has Forsberg really looked better than Landeskog? I mean my assessment of Forsberg is that he is not NHL ready but has star potential if he is developed correctly. By appearing more impressive than the most NHL-ready prospect of the 2011 draft, that would mean by translation that Forsberg is NHL-ready as well and I just don't see it.
You might not see it, but Bob McKenzie did say that NHL scouts he has talked to feel that Forsberg could have played in the NHL this year and that he's the most NHL-ready prospect for 2012.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
  #15
Felix Perreault
Registered User
 
Felix Perreault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mt-Tremblant, Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
You might not see it, but Bob McKenzie did say that NHL scouts he has talked to feel that Forsberg could have played in the NHL this year and that he's the most NHL-ready prospect for 2012.
Never more NHL-ready than Grigo and Yaku.

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
  #16
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,120
vCash: 500
Gotta go with Collberg, he's much more versatile then Forsberg. Collberg is having a down year but in the long run I think he's the best option.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
  #17
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,305
vCash: 500
Forsberg

Forsberg was never the consesus #3 pick as Ryan Murray, Matt Dumba and Mikhail Grigorenko are all battling for places from #2-#5

What I saw was a good sized kid with smooth and quick skating, offensive ability, and responsible play in all areas of the ice.

Collberg did have a better tournament offensively but the difference for me is Forsberg's size. The prospect of Forsberg developing his power game that is a combination of size, skating ability and offensive ability is too good to pass up on. Collberg could potentially be better offensively but he won't have the physical factor that can make Forsberg dominant in 5 years. Not saying Forsberg is going to punish people but the idea of Forsberg improving his ability to protect the puck and really drive hard to the net really has me drooling.

Its a very small difference, but enough for me to have Forsberg over Collberg.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
  #18
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Forsberg is our best forward prospect since Backstrom imo in terms of skill, I donīt think he will be in the NHL next year and I hope he will stay in Sweden another year like Backstrom did. Collberg is definitely not NHL ready either, its quite obvious if you watch the Sweden games that Forsberg has the bigger upside. I was actually one of those who thought Collberg was a better player prior to the WJC but i have been more impressed by Forsberg despite his fewer points.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
  #19
fredligh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iceland
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
You might not see it, but Bob McKenzie did say that NHL scouts he has talked to feel that Forsberg could have played in the NHL this year and that he's the most NHL-ready prospect for 2012.
5 games 1 point in the WJC, and plays in the SEL-2. NHL ready? . I think hes really solid in both ends but does not bring something special that makes him a future star player.

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
  #20
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
I'm disappointed wtih Forsberg as he didn't light it up at the U-20 or the U-18 last year.
Also why is he not in the SEL? Since people are saying he could be in the NHL! already.

Collberg did put up good points, though in the SEL he has 0 points in 24 games, so that is a bit worrying.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
  #21
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 51,249
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
You might not see it, but Bob McKenzie did say that NHL scouts he has talked to feel that Forsberg could have played in the NHL this year and that he's the most NHL-ready prospect for 2012.
Got video of it?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:10 PM
  #22
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,305
vCash: 500
People are saying he is NHL ready due to his good skating, size and responsible play.

However, if you mean "is he ready to make an impact in the NHL?", I highly doubt it.

Theres a difference.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
  #23
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 51,249
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
People are saying he is NHL ready due to his good skating, size and responsible play.

However, if you mean "is he ready to make an impact in the NHL?", I highly doubt it.

Theres a difference.
They kind of go hand in hand when using that term. Rakell COULD play in the NHL right now but it's likely that he won't make an impact. Therefore he is not NHL ready and wasn't considered as such at the draft. Landeskog WAS NHL ready.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
  #24
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
I'm disappointed wtih Forsberg as he didn't light it up at the U-20 or the U-18 last year.
Also why is he not in the SEL? Since people are saying he could be in the NHL! already.

Collberg did put up good points, though in the SEL he has 0 points in 24 games, so that is a bit worrying.
If he was in a SEL organisation to begin with maybe they would let him play on the senior team, however no sane GM would try to get a 17 yo kid from some other team, not in hockey anyways Also i think he'd be loyal to leksand even if he was asked to join a SEL club.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
  #25
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
If he was in a SEL organisation to begin with maybe they would let him play on the senior team, however no sane GM would try to get a 17 yo kid from some other team, not in hockey anyways Also i think he'd be loyal to leksand even if he was asked to join a SEL club.
MPS,Zibanejad and others played in the SEL at 17 though...

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2015 All Rights Reserved.