HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Top 10 Favorite Kings of All Time

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  #26
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post


Really?
LOL what's wrong with charty?

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
  #27
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
LOL what's wrong with charty?
Meh nothing at all I guess. To each his own. Just surprising is all. And considering of all the 4th line plays to make a joke about, I randomly choose him and he just so happens to be in your top 10. Seriously, what are the odds? Gotta love his heart, that's for sure.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:07 PM
  #28
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
1. Anze Kopitar
2. Dustin Brown
3. Justin Wirriams
4. Jarret Storr
5. Andrei Roktionov
6. Trevor Rewis
7. Wirrie Mitcherr
8. Drew Doughty
9. Simon Gagne
10. Mike Richards

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
  #29
voynov26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Here's my top ten:
1. Palffy
2. Adam Deadmarsh
3. Jason Allison
4. Matias Norstrom
5. Luc Robitaille
6. Todd Elik
7. #99
8. Marty...Marty.... #33
9. Robert Lang
10. Jay Miller

I wish it's your top 11 so I can add Voynov.


Last edited by voynov26: 01-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
voynov26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:22 PM
  #30
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Meh nothing at all I guess. To each his own. Just surprising is all. And considering of all the 4th line plays to make a joke about, I randomly choose him and he just so happens to be in your top 10. Seriously, what are the odds? Gotta love his heart, that's for sure.
nah man I'm totally kidding. AM used to drive me insane having him out on the ice so much.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:30 PM
  #31
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
nah man I'm totally kidding. AM used to drive me insane having him out on the ice so much.
Well, I didn't want to be a jackass just in case. But damn if i'd EVER heard of a Kings fan who was a Brad Chartrand fan

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
  #32
MynameisKing
Registered User
 
MynameisKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
10. Tony Granato
9. Tomas Sandstrom
8. Lubo Visnovsky
7. Dave Taylor
6. Lappy
5. Ziggy Palffy
4. Adam Deadmarsh
3. Wayne Gretzky
2. Anze Kopitar
1. Luc Robitaille (My idol)

HM: Jari Kurri, Wayne Simmonds (They were good and they wore my Number 17)
PS: Forgot to mention Paul Coffey!!!


Last edited by MynameisKing: 01-05-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding one more guy
MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:35 PM
  #33
Choralone
Registered User
 
Choralone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 939
vCash: 100
Alphabetical Order, and I picked 12 (sue me):

Rob Blake
Steve Duchesne
Wayne Gretzky
Anze Kopitar
Glen Murray
Mattias Nordstrom
Ziggy Palffy
Felix Potvin
Mike Richards
Tomas Sandstrom
Vladimir Tsyplikov
Alexei Zhitnik


Favorite Names to Cheer:

Kelly Hrudey (HRUUUUDEY!)
Luc Robitaille (LUUUC!)
Josef Stumpel (STUMPY!)

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
  #34
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
10 Phil Sykes
9 Tiger Williams
8 JP Kelly
7 Adam Deadmarsh
6 Kyle Clifford
5 Bernie Nicholls
4 Jay Wells
3 Wayne Simmonds
2 Alexander Frolov
1 Dave Taylor

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
  #35
razzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BC interior
Country: Canada
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
1.Dave Taylor
2.Bernie
3.Luc
4.Marcel
5.Jay Wells
6.Kenny Baumgatrner
7.Palfy
8.Kopi
9.Quick
10.Blake

razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:27 PM
  #36
KingPuckChoo
Registered User
 
KingPuckChoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
1- Wayne Gretzky
2- Zigmund Palffy
3- Jonathan Quick
4- Anze Kopitar
5- Kelly Hrudey
6- Pavol Demitra
7- Wayne Simmonds
8- Jari Kurri
9- Tim Gleason
10-Pavel Rosa (soft spot for him...)

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:41 AM
  #37
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,069
vCash: 500
1. Zigmund Palffy
2. Luc Robitaille
3. Drew Doughty
4. Jonathan Quick
5. Anze Kopitar
6. Felix Potvin
7. Adam Deadmarsh
8. Mike Richards
9. Dustin Brown
10. Mattias Norstrom

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
  #38
T308
HFBoards Sponsor
 
T308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
10. Jari Kurri
9. Mike Krushelnyski
8. Juha Widing
7. Tim Gleason
6. Gene Carr
5. Terry Harper
4. Marcel Dionne
3. Kelly Hrudy
2. Bob Miller
1. Tommy Williams

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
  #39
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by T308 View Post
10. Jari Kurri
9. Mike Krushelnyski
8. Juha Widing
7. Tim Gleason
6. Gene Carr
5. Terry Harper
4. Marcel Dionne
3. Kelly Hrudy
2. Bob Miller
1. Tommy Williams
You've stumped me with that one.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:30 PM
  #40
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You've stumped me with that one.
Because he was known as "Whitey."

Just did a google search on him, sorry to say he is gone.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=11131478

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
  #41
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,560
vCash: 500
Okay, here goes...its hard to pick out 10 when you've followed them so long, should be allowed 10 a decade or 10 every 20 years or whatever...here are the ones I will always remember with fondness (no particular order):

1. Sawchuck
2. Vachon
3. Harper
4. Widing
5. Goring
6. Triple Crown Line
6a. Dionne
6b. Taylor
6c. Simmer
7. Nicholls
8. Gretzky
9. Kurri
10. Palffy
11. Robataille
12. Deadmarsh
13. Hrudey
14. Simmonds
15. Kopitar
16. Quick
17. Richards

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of players...

I went over. So sue me.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
  #42
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Okay, here goes...its hard to pick out 10 when you've followed them so long, should be allowed 10 a decade or 10 every 20 years or whatever...here are the ones I will always remember with fondness (no particular order):

1. Sawchuck
2. Vachon
3. Harper
4. Widing
5. Goring
6. Triple Crown Line
6a. Dionne
6b. Taylor
6c. Simmer
7. Nicholls
8. Gretzky
9. Kurri
10. Palffy
11. Robataille
12. Deadmarsh
13. Hrudey
14. Simmonds
15. Kopitar
16. Quick
17. Richards

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of players...

I went over. So sue me.
Sorry, but if you can't make a simple decision like picking your top 10 favorite king, how do you make tough decisions in your life?

Thanks for the Juha "Whitey" Widing. Sounds vaguely familiar.

And I will sue!!!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
  #43
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
How about an all-time Kings All Stars rosters going head-to-head:

Simmer-Dionne-Taylor
Williams-Nicholls-Fox
Berry-Goring-Murphy
Tonelli-Carson-Flett

Hardy-Murphy
Duchesne-Korab
Wells-Galley

Vachon-Lessard

vs.

Robitaille-Gretzky-Kurri
Sandstrom-Kopitar-Palffy
Frolov-Richards-Granato
Brown-Stumpel-Murray

Norstrom-Blake
Visnovsky-Doughty
Schneider-McSorley

Hrudey-Quick

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
  #44
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
How about an all-time Kings All Stars rosters going head-to-head:

Simmer-Dionne-Taylor
Williams-Nicholls-Fox
Berry-Goring-Murphy
Tonelli-Carson-Flett

Hardy-Murphy
Duchesne-Korab
Wells-Galley

Vachon-Lessard

vs.

Robitaille-Gretzky-Kurri
Sandstrom-Kopitar-Palffy
Frolov-Richards-Granato
Brown-Stumpel-Murray

Norstrom-Blake
Visnovsky-Doughty
Schneider-McSorley

Hrudey-Quick
This... Needs to be discussed. In detail even! How about an All-Star team for each decade, for instance a 2000-2010 (heck make it through this year) versus a team made from 1990-1999 and so on. Which decade has the best team... That or I shouldn't have started the weekend early and I'm way too entertained by this.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
  #45
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
This... Needs to be discussed. In detail even! How about an All-Star team for each decade, for instance a 2000-2010 (heck make it through this year) versus a team made from 1990-1999 and so on. Which decade has the best team... That or I shouldn't have started the weekend early and I'm way too entertained by this.
That would make for an interesting debate. Seeing how the Kings' started playing in the late 60s, we should start with a 70-79 era Kings, 80-89 era (which is right around the time Gretzky is acquired), the 90-99 era, and 00-to-current era.

Four teams, without having players overlapping onto more than one team. Do you stick Gretzky in the 80's or 90's era? This should make for an interesting discussion. It's a lot more entertaining than having to struggle to stay away to a scoreless hockey game.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
  #46
Kingsfan1
Registered User
 
Kingsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Staples Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Robitaille
Palffy
Deadmarsh
Allison
Visnovsky
Frolov
Kopitar
Norstrom
Richards(He can climb all the way to number 2 no one will ever beat out Luc for me I cried at his retirement game lol)
Doughty


HM: Demitra and Lappy

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
  #47
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
Gretzky
Kopitar
Palffy
McSorely
Luc
Bernie
Kurri
Coffey
Doughty
Quick
Richards

Honorable: Zhitnik, Granato, Sandstrom, Ducheane, Deadmarsh, Visnovsky, Demitra(RIP), (Early) Rob Blake, Lappy, Norstrom, Kontos, Tonelli

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
  #48
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,174
vCash: 500
1. Robitaille
2. Deadmarsh
3. Kopitar
4. Quick
5. Richards
6. Doughty
7. Handzus
8. Potvin
9. Palffy
10. Brown

Guess when I really started watching the Kings? lol

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
  #49
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Gretzky
Kopitar
Palffy
McSorely
Luc
Bernie
Kurri
Coffey
Doughty
Quick
Richards

Honorable: Zhitnik, Granato, Sandstrom, Ducheane, Deadmarsh, Visnovsky, Demitra(RIP), (Early) Rob Blake, Lappy, Norstrom, Kontos, Tonelli
Still can't believe Demitra's gone.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
  #50
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That would make for an interesting debate. Seeing how the Kings' started playing in the late 60s, we should start with a 70-79 era Kings, 80-89 era (which is right around the time Gretzky is acquired), the 90-99 era, and 00-to-current era.

Four teams, without having players overlapping onto more than one team. Do you stick Gretzky in the 80's or 90's era? This should make for an interesting discussion. It's a lot more entertaining than having to struggle to stay away to a scoreless hockey game.
Gonna see what I can do about compiling some lists for each era and might start a new post about this. The more I think about it could be a really interesting idea and lead to some great discussion. It's Friday, been a long week and beer and old school Nintendo is calling.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.