HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rocco Grimaldi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2014, 11:54 AM
  #51
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
You'd seriously rather have him play limited NHL minutes than big AHL minutes?

Grimaldi is going to get his chance when someone (it's bound to happen guys..) gets injured, and more so after next season when the likes of Fleischmann, Upshall, Kopecky and Bergenheim are UFAs. Maybe even sooner if the team ends up selling at the deadline.
You seriously think if he's in Florida instead of SA, he would get limited time? I sure don't.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
  #52
Panthers607
#CatsAreComing
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:10 PM
  #53
ucanthanzalthetruth
Pirri for Cy Young
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,996
vCash: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
I got the point, but do we really not expect Tallon to make a trade to fix this situation and clear up some space?
No, I expect the current team to be the 2015 Florida Panthers. There are easily tradeable pieces at the trade deadline, but not now. See, you're basing your argument on the fact that you expect a trade to happen, I'm basing mine off one not happening.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 12:15 PM
  #54
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 28,478
vCash: 260000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
You seriously think if he's in Florida instead of SA, he would get limited time? I sure don't.
LWs: Jokinen/Huberdeau/Fleischmann/4*

RWs: Boyes/Pirri/3*/Thornton

3* = Bergenheim/Upshall/Kopecky

4* = one of the two above that's left

Leaving one popcorn guy that would replace Thornton when he isn't needed.

Like I already said earlier, 2015-16 Grimaldi has a chance for a permanent spot when most of the current veterans are gone, not this year when they're still here.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 01:23 PM
  #55
Mogo
#GameOver
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 12,296
vCash: 814
Let's not rush Grimaldi or anyone anymore. We have depth now. San Antonio also deserves to have a solid team out on the ice

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
  #56
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
No, I expect the current team to be the 2015 Florida Panthers. There are easily tradeable pieces at the trade deadline, but not now. See, you're basing your argument on the fact that you expect a trade to happen, I'm basing mine off one not happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
LWs: Jokinen/Huberdeau/Fleischmann/4*

RWs: Boyes/Pirri/3*/Thornton

3* = Bergenheim/Upshall/Kopecky Really, to put Bergy here is an insult

4* = one of the two above that's left

Leaving one popcorn guy that would replace Thornton when he isn't needed.

Like I already said earlier, 2015-16 Grimaldi has a chance for a permanent spot when most of the current veterans are gone, not this year when they're still here.
Hold on, lemme re-arrange that slightly and (25%)respectively solid keeping some form of that Bs line together because it would be completely ridiculous not to keep proven that chemistry together, really.

LWs-Bergenheim/Jokinen/Huberdeau/Flash
Cs-Bark-Bjugs/Bjugs-Bark/Bolland/Dmac
RWs-Boyes/Pirri-Ups/Ups-Pirri/Hayes
Healthy scratches:Thornton, Kopecky, (Defense)

Any way ya slice it, our 4th line LW will be offensive based, not a grinder type. So why couldn't Rocco start there if/when he's called?

We sure do have a logjam, and as UCHTT pointed out, that's one hell of an expensive reserve list. Especially with some of the totally worthy guys we'll have in SA fighting for a call up.
I really can't see how he wouldn't be trying to work a trade like now. I automatically think of the Rangers as a team in need of any of the guys we'd see as expendable. I wouldn't call it my 'argument' more than 'opinion' because it couldn't possibly be a solid as I'm obviously not DT, but really I don't see how we can afford to not make a trade at this point. After what we've seen, I sure wouldn't sit Hayes just based on his price tag, so that leaves Kopecky AND Thornton ($4.2 mil) as our healthy scratches when all's well??? Jeeeez.

All this leads me to the conclusion that either Dale's a genius and we're that deep with big hard working talent who will bring us to the post season, or Dale just ****ed everything up and made us messy with expensive mediocrity.

Either way, I get that with how our roster is, Rocco will have to start in SA no matter what if there aren't any trades. Still, I'm not agreeing that it's the best thing because I'd take him now over more of our roster before he even shows how he'll handle the NHL for sure. Call it brash, but the kid's earned it and hasn't let down so far.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 02:13 PM
  #57
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Let's not rush Grimaldi or anyone anymore. We have depth now. San Antonio also deserves to have a solid team out on the ice
LOL After all that thought, I don't think we could possibly rush anyone if we wanted to. Even after a trade or two.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 02:14 PM
  #58
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
…and again in Rocco's case, it wouldn't be rushing it.


Last edited by Avder: 07-13-2014 at 12:39 AM.
CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 03:07 PM
  #59
Effe
Registered User
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
LOL After all that thought, I don't think we could possibly rush anyone if we wanted to. Even after a trade or two.
We would rush him by let him play limited minutes in NHL instead of +10 min in AHL, also lets not forget about Howden, he will be the next guy to get a call up.

Effe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 03:21 PM
  #60
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
We would rush him by let him play limited minutes in NHL instead of +10 min in AHL, also lets not forget about Howden, he will be the next guy to get a call up.
Again, I don't get why someone would think if he were called up, he'd get limited minutes.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 03:27 PM
  #61
Effe
Registered User
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Again, I don't get why someone would think if he were called up, he'd get limited minutes.
Because we would play in the 4th line...

Effe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 04:00 PM
  #62
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
Because we would play in the 4th line...
U sure?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 04:14 PM
  #63
Effe
Registered User
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
U sure?
Yes, Huby, JJ, Flash, Upshall, Pirri, Boyes and Bergy will all be infront of him in the pipeline for a top 9 spot.

Effe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
  #64
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
U sure?
I'm excited Rocco has turned out so far so good, but you really need to curb your bias for him.

There's been plenty of players out there with first line credentials, just like Grimaldi. A perfect example is Danny Kristo in New York. Slightly undersized (not really though). Top talent, out of the NCAA. Spent a season in the AHL, because he has to see pro game and work his wayup. Grimaldi is not bursting out of the doors.

I would love for him to earn a spot, but like you said, that's going to require a roster shake up first. Even if he plays well right now, there really isn't room for him. And there's certainly good reason to make him play a year in the AHL.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 06:20 PM
  #65
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
Yes, Huby, JJ, Flash, Upshall, Pirri, Boyes and Bergy will all be infront of him in the pipeline for a top 9 spot.
Assuming one of their injuries don't lead to his call up in the first place? Also assuming the coach will automatically place him on the checking line? I don't know, doesn't make much sense off the bat. It's wherever he fits, is it not?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 06:25 PM
  #66
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Assuming one of their injuries don't lead to his call up in the first place? Also assuming the coach will automatically place him on the checking line? I don't know, doesn't make much sense off the bat. It's wherever he fits, is it not?
Further, not too much sense in thinking we'd call him up to fill a checking line spot in the first place! Please explain the logic instead of just making statements like that?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 06:44 PM
  #67
Effe
Registered User
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Assuming one of their injuries don't lead to his call up in the first place? Also assuming the coach will automatically place him on the checking line? I don't know, doesn't make much sense off the bat. It's wherever he fits, is it not?
Yes and thats why they will call up Howden. If we place him in our NHL roster now, then it would be for a 4th line since we already have atleast 7 better players (i would say 9 if you include Howden and Hayes that both can play in a 3rd line) for the six top 9 wing spots. Thats why he should be placed in AHL and then deserve a spot in NHL (he will get it), he's small and need to get some time to adjust his game for it, its not the same to play vs a college kid as to play vs Subban, he will get some chances but no need to rush him when we finally have some depth.

Effe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 06:47 PM
  #68
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I'm excited Rocco has turned out so far so good, but you really need to curb your bias for him.

There's been plenty of players out there with first line credentials, just like Grimaldi. A perfect example is Danny Kristo in New York. Slightly undersized (not really though). Top talent, out of the NCAA. Spent a season in the AHL, because he has to see pro game and work his wayup. Grimaldi is not bursting out of the doors.

I would love for him to earn a spot, but like you said, that's going to require a roster shake up first. Even if he plays well right now, there really isn't room for him. And there's certainly good reason to make him play a year in the AHL.
I really don't mean to come off as a ****, but if you read my long ass response to Ucanthanzalthetruth and SoupyFIN, you might see the first part of your post as a lil unnecessary. I don't show any unreasonable bias toward him, nor could I (or anyone) possibly argue the the rest of your post with any reason lol.

At this point all I'm arguing is when he is called up, it sure as hell won't be for a 4th line role…and if for some reason he's on a "4th line", that line sure won't get typical 4th line minutes. He's clearly much better than that.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 07:05 PM
  #69
Effe
Registered User
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
I really don't mean to come off as a ****, but if you read my long ass response to Ucanthanzalthetruth and SoupyFIN, you might see the first part of your post as a lil unnecessary. I don't show any unreasonable bias toward him, nor could I (or anyone) possibly argue the the rest of your post with any reason lol.

At this point all I'm arguing is when he is called up, it sure as hell won't be for a 4th line role…and if for some reason he's on a "4th line", that line sure won't get typical 4th line minutes. He's clearly much better than that.
He will get a call up, but he will need a half season in AHL first, like all undersized players do (Granlund, B Gallagher etc). Then when he is called up, then he SHOULD get more then 4th line minutes, but if we place him on the NHL roster now then we would get that or be a healthy scratch. He will probably be great player, but he need to prove he's ready aswell, so far is all he have done is ended 35th in scoring in NCAA, one great season in the US hockey program and made a good prospect camp vs other young kids.

Effe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 09:03 PM
  #70
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
What position did Rocco play during development camp?

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2014, 09:29 PM
  #71
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUIS View Post
What position did Rocco play during development camp?
By the Catsfan7 vid, RW

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 12:12 AM
  #72
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
I really don't mean to come off as a ****, but if you read my long ass response to Ucanthanzalthetruth and SoupyFIN, you might see the first part of your post as a lil unnecessary. I don't show any unreasonable bias toward him, nor could I (or anyone) possibly argue the the rest of your post with any reason lol.
I've read everything in this thread. You're not coming off as an ass. I just think historically you've favored a bias towards Grimaldi. There's three types of people here, the supporters, the deniers, and those in between. It's really not good to overly support a player, for exactly the same Markstrom case that was made. Don't forget, there was a point in time that Markstrom was considered the best goalie prospect in the NHL. It's best to approach suh a situation easily.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 09:59 AM
  #73
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I've read everything in this thread. You're not coming off as an ass. I just think historically you've favored a bias towards Grimaldi. There's three types of people here, the supporters, the deniers, and those in between. It's really not good to overly support a player, for exactly the same Markstrom case that was made. Don't forget, there was a point in time that Markstrom was considered the best goalie prospect in the NHL. It's best to approach suh a situation easily.
I don't feel I'm unreasonably biased, or overly supportive. Just the deserved amount.

It's all conditional and goalies are far less in control of what happens to them. We can joke about MRs username all day, no truth to how good Markstrom is/was/could've been. He wasn't given much of a fair chance here from any sect that was responsible for support.

Rocco has been a standout everytime I've seen him, and never disappoints, what's the problem?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 10:39 AM
  #74
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,051
vCash: 500
Because there are lots of standouts in the NHL just like him, and the course of action is never straight to the NHL. That's exactly what I'm saying. Markstrom didn't. My previous example of Kristo. Filip Forsberg. There's lots of good stuff out there.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2014, 01:54 PM
  #75
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
Because there are lots of standouts in the NHL just like him, and the course of action is never straight to the NHL. That's exactly what I'm saying. Markstrom didn't. My previous example of Kristo. Filip Forsberg. There's lots of good stuff out there.
I hear ya, but he stands out more than those guys from what I've seen. Has more to do with gameplay, positioning, and decision making than stats. He shows an intuition not many on an
any level show.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.