Notices

Winnipeg Jets at Toronto Maple Leafs - 05/01/12

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

vCash: 50
As far as Burmi not playing with Kane and Wheeler goes the Coach put Stapleton on the line because he is fast and North South and gets the puck off his stick quickly to Kane and Wheeler which allows them to play to their strength which is speed while carrying the puck. I guess Stapler gets in the way less if that is a fair way to describe his fit on the line.

Burmi is just past his 19th birthday and my guess is he is getting allot of coaching and direction about how they want him to play on offence. I think there will be a natural growth process of him figuring out how to convert his abilities into results on the scoresheet by using those talents to bring the best out of line mates. For me its just a growth issue with some trial and error needed. once he starts finding the open man with crisp passes more frequently and combines this with his ability to control the puck I think we will see his numbers go north quickly. He has all the tools its just a matter of time.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
There is clearly a reason why Burmistrov is seeing some fourth line duty; his puck management is often quite poor. He holds onto it too long at times and gives it away softly at other times. He is, what, 19 years old? 19 year old players that don't move the puck within the coach's system find themselves with spot duty as a result. He is skilled, is often defensively responsible, and a great pk asset, but if he won't do exactly what coaching and management wants then he'll play sparingly until he consistently performs as instructed.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
He seems to be in the dog house but I'm not quite sure why. Does he make mistakes, of course but he is a young player that is going to make some mistakes. Noel has let everyone find their groove when they were struggling or at least give them enough time to try and work things out except for Burmistrov. It seems that he's the only guy that rides the bench when he makes a bad play. Putting him on the fourth line is an absolute waste of his skills
I don't believe he's in the doghouse anymore. I think Noel is trying to establish 3 scoring lines and GST as the checking line. If this is the case, Burmi will need to develop chemistry with guys like Mittens and Fehr to be the 3rd line.
If we were 100% healthy, I think that would be the best case scenario so Burmi doesn't have to constantly go up against the other teams best checkers.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Just a note, Burmi just passed his 20th birthday near the start of the year...

Old
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
The Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Burmistrov is too smart of a player and far too dedicated to be getting demoted like this, in my opinion.
Despite his current linemates on the roster, Burmi was 3rd last night for ice-time among forwards, behind only Kane and Wheeler... and he only had 7 seconds less than Wheeler.

I don't know if that's really a demotion.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
buyinnow

Burmi gives you a lot of flexibility, he can play anywhere. I think he's at his best on the wing.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Well I'll be in attendance tonight in my home blue Hainsey jersey.

He got me the tix personally so I imagine they'll be in a solid location, so look for me when we score our 6 goals.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronhoo View Post
I don't believe he's in the doghouse anymore. I think Noel is trying to establish 3 scoring lines and GST as the checking line. If this is the case, Burmi will need to develop chemistry with guys like Mittens and Fehr to be the 3rd line.
If we were 100% healthy, I think that would be the best case scenario so Burmi doesn't have to constantly go up against the other teams best checkers.
good post......one thing that could really vault this team to the next level (yes I am saying this after what happened last night ) is if Burmi Mitts and Fehr could establish some chemistry as a third line that does some secondary scoring. I am having trouble visualizing this but "IF" it were to happen and they become even an average 3rd line (100 to 120 points combined) then we could really make some noise. our biggest challenge this year is we have never had a functional 3rd line (if we are calling the GST line the 4th line)

Old
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

He got me the tix personally so I imagine they'll be in a solid location, so look for me when we score our 6 goals.
Here's hoping you have a night that doesn't involve allot of ridicule and suffering my friend!!

Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Here's hoping you have a night that doesn't involve allot of ridicule and suffering my friend!!
Thanks bro, I'm still worried as to which Jets we're going to see.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

vCash: 1000
Quote:
good post......one thing that could really vault this team to the next level (yes I am saying this after what happened last night ) is if Burmi Mitts and Fehr could establish some chemistry as a third line that does some secondary scoring. I am having trouble visualizing this but "IF" it were to happen and they become even an average 3rd line (100 to 120 points combined) then we could really make some noise. our biggest challenge this year is we have never had a functional 3rd line (if we are calling the GST line the 4th line)
This is exactly my point. GST = Great 4th line, sub par 3rd line (in terms of offense that is)

Old
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
Burmi gives you a lot of flexibility, he can play anywhere. I think he's at his best on the wing.
I think he's best at center where he can showcase his defensive abilities. There's times where he's carrying the PK all by himself, 2-3 steals in a row dumping it into their zone.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I almost forgot....

Jet Tractor Time!!!!!

Ride that tractor to victory!

Old
01-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
My biggest concern about Burmi (and probably why he doesn't match up with Kane as well as Wheeler and Little do) is that he strikes me as an INDIVIDUAL puck possession guy. Doesn't dish it off often enough, and relies on his own (admittedly great) skill too much, and not enough on his linemates.

The way Wheeler is playing with Kane, for instance: I don't care if Wheeler scores another goal all year if he's able to keep feeding Kane and Little for goals. I'm fine with 5G, 55A for him.

Not sure what Burmi needs to do to move to the next level - he's amazingly skilled, but missing something on the chemistry side with some of the linemates he's been paired with. Played well with Antro though - I wonder what it is about their chemistry that works, and how that could be used to generate chemistry with other linemates.

JMO, of course.
Thank you for your avatar!

01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Thank you for your avatar!
Seemed to have worked for Wheeler! Need more reverse jinxing, like sipowicz has mastered.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:

I think the Hains has to work on not falling down as much tonight. Then he can get back to goal scoring

Old
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Seemed to have worked for Wheeler! Need more reverse jinxing, like sipowicz has mastered.
Fehr is in tough, the 4th line is an awful spot for him. With his skill set, playing with stiffs doesn't afford him the opportunity to receive the puck in spaces where he can use his sick shot.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
Fehr is in tough, the 4th line is an awful spot for him. With his skill set, playing with stiffs doesn't afford him the opportunity to receive the puck in spaces where he can use his sick shot.
I'm hoping that it's Mittens, Burmi, and Fehr - they SHOULD be able to generate a few chances here or there.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I think the Hains has to work on not falling down as much tonight. Then he can get back to goal scoring
Agreed, that sinus infection better be on the way out because I attributed his play to alcohol before I knew.

Old
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/01/0...-vs-leafs-ladd

"The Jets recalled centre Patrice Cormier from St. John’s Thursday to serve as insurance with a couple of players fighting injuries and illness. Blake Wheeler is banged up and missed some time Wednesday night and Tim Stapleton is fighting the flu."

Old
01-05-2012, 01:55 PM
WPGNYRFan

Reading the Laffs GDT, worst fans in the league by far. What a bunch of *******s. I normally read the opposing teams GDT just to see what they think of the game, but I think I'll skip that cesspool. They wonder why everyone hates them.....

Old
01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
I'm hoping that it's Mittens, Burmi, and Fehr - they SHOULD be able to generate a few chances here or there.
What's the origin of the meme that's your avatar?

Anyways, Burmi has great stickhandling and skating. However, I'd say his ice vision, shot, and passing is only average right now. So he's like half-a-Datsyuk. Hopefully the rest will come with time.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Good things happen when I'm in the building gentlemen. I was there last year, was on TV while we dummied the Leafs.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Good things happen when I'm in the building gentlemen. I was there last year, was on TV while we dummied the Leafs.

have to say I like the colours of the Thrasher home jersey's......that beast is a collectable now have you got your Jets Jersey ready or are you still rocking out the #6 thrashers home blue?

Old
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
have to say I like the colours of the Thrasher home jersey's......that beast is a collectable now have you got your Jets Jersey ready or are you still rocking out the #6 thrashers home blue?
I got my Jets Hains jersey last week, so we're good.

Closed Thread