HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #42|Colorado @ Chicago|1/6/12|6:30 PM|Avalanche goes to G2P Country

Old
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post
Yea Ive really been pretty happy with Stastnys play since his short injury. He's been stronger on the puck and playing with a purpose, and still shows how great of a passer he can be while still scoring some goals.

I just really truly think he's snakebitten right now for points, every single night it seems he could easily have a goal or an assist or multiple points, but the puck either takes a last minute deflection or the Goalie makes a ridiculous save. He could easily have like 15 Points since coming back from his injury, but instead he has 6 in the 11 games.

If he can start getting a little bit of luck on the ice and can start getting some friendly bounces, I can see him getting 35 in the last 41 games, possibly even a PPG pace. We know he's that good, and he's been playing good, he just cant buy a bounce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
I couldn't agree with you more

Lets hope this changes tonight
I think that's basically the story of Stastny's season. In his first 10 or so games he was setting up Kobasew and Jones with glorious scoring oppurtunities only for them to schank it. At the same time, Stastny also seemed completely incapable of scoring himself. This has been a terribly unlucky season for SoS, hopefully he gets some luck sooner rather than later.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:00 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Jones-Staz-Galiardi
Lando-Radar-Hejduk

That will be our top 6 tonight according to the Denver Post
I like it. Of course, Galiardi will be on the left and Jones on the right.

I guess that means a 3rd line of McClement, Winnik, and somebody else.

Looks good.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 2000
TJ-Staz-Jones
Lando-Radar-Hejduk
Winnik-McC-Kobe
HighLander-Porter-VDG

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Freudian
Grekorako!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
What is with the O'Byrne hate? He's one of the better ES defenders and by far our best PK defender. Dude's having a pretty decent season but everyone craps on him non-stop
I don't think people watch him. If you go back and watch games and just focus on him you'll notice that he consistently plays the body better than any of our defenders (except Hejda when he is really good and constantly reads situations well) and cover for his partner. There is pretty much never an odd man situation going against us where O'Byrne is lost.

But if you don't focus on him, most of what you see is the odd awkward clearing attempt and thus he sucks I guess.

Last year Shattenkirk looked great playing with him. This year Wilson has looked fantastic playing with him. Now suddenly Hejda looks great playing with him. Connect the dots.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I don't think people watch him. If you go back and watch games and just focus on him you'll notice that he consistently plays the body better than any of our defenders (except Hejda when he is really good and constantly reads situations well) and cover for his partner. There is pretty much never an odd man situation going against us where O'Byrne is lost.

But if you don't focus on him, most of what you see is the odd awkward clearing attempt and thus he sucks I guess.

Last year Shattenkirk looked great playing with him. This year Wilson has looked fantastic playing with him. Now suddenly Hejda looks great playing with him. Connect the dots.
Oh I watch him. He is almost incapable of moving the puck, and Hejda isn't much better. Those 2 get caught out for long shifts consistently because they can't clear the puck. It is just an awkward pairing to watch. It isn't pretty but it has been very effective and that pairing has been a big part of this current streak.

I get frustrated watching 2 defensive guys paired together, then Quincey and Elliott together, then EJ and O'Brien. There is no real cohesion on any of the pairings. But it is hard to argue with the results.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:20 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
I couldn't agree with you more

Lets hope this changes tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddydroc View Post
Agree. Stastny will explode down the stretch. He's been playing too good not to. I still say his play is a big reason we've been doing so well, wether or not he has the points to prove it.
You can be happy with the effort, but with Stastny we need more than effort. He needs to be an offensive catalyst for this team. If he can start to put up some points, with our goaltending we may be able to make the playoffs. If he doesn't, I don't think we can.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Fluke

First game I'll be able to watch in a a few weeks due to friends being home for holidays and being at the World Juniors. #humblebrag

They seem to be doing so well in my absence though....hmm.

Go Avs!

Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
bigdaddydroc

[QUOTE=bohlmeister;42015759]You can be happy with the effort, but with Stastny we need more than effort. He needs to be an offensive catalyst for this team. If he can start to put up some points, with our goaltending we may be able to make the playoffs. If he doesn't, I don't think we can.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with this. I would hate to see how insane this team could be if Radar and Stastny were both producing. Here's hoping he can get it together.

bigdaddydroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Jones will get back on the scoresheet in style tonight.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
AvsFan7*

This is why IMO we need a scoring winger to play with Stas, someone who we can rely on to score goals consistently.

I understand that trading Barrie and/or Quincey might be a mistake, but we need offensive help if were going to make the playoffs this season, and not just for this season but in the future to, we dont have many Forward prospects at all and the ones we do have are out with serious injuries and it doesnt look good.

If we could get that scoring threat we need for someone like Gaunce or Chouinard and a Pick instead of Barrie or Quincey I would do this without question, I just dont think its going to be enough to get a goal scorer.

But yea, if Stas can start getting bounces and puts up 35 Points in the last half of the season, I think we'll still be playing hockey after Easter, if he doesnt, someone else needs to step up in a huge way.

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
forsbergavs32

We need offensive production out of a line besides ROR's line badly, if we can get some help from Stastny's line or J Mac's line, we should be able to take this game, if not, it'll probably be a 2-1 or 3-1 win for the Hawks.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
GOAT

I keep thinking Lando's going to have a big night for some reason.

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
We need offensive production out of a line besides ROR's line badly, if we can get some help from Stastny's line or J Mac's line, we should be able to take this game, if not, it'll probably be a 2-1 or 3-1 win for the Hawks.
I think you are selling the Hawks short here. They are a very dangerous offensive team. If we can keep them to under 3 goals that will be impressive.

Old
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Freudian
Grekorako!

Am I the only one that started to laugh out loud when Talbot said what he did at 0:28?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post

Am I the only one that started to laugh out loud when Talbot said what he did at 0:28?
Haha, I laughed at that when I watched it yesterday.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Yipperfan
NWOBHM forever \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
It would be nice if Varly could steal this one.
If anyone can steal something for the AVS it's O'Byrne. If he has a strong game then the win is in the bag!

Yipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think O'Byrne serves a pretty important role as the guy who battles in front of the net against the opposition's bigger players. He may not look good when he's out in the middle of the ice, but I'm impressed with how physical he can be in front of the goaltender. If you key in on that aspect of his game, he's pretty valuable to this team.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Yipperfan
NWOBHM forever \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I think O'Byrne serves a pretty important role as the guy who battles in front of the net against the opposition's bigger players. He may not look good when he's out in the middle of the ice, but I'm impressed with how physical he can be in front of the goaltender. If you key in on that aspect of his game, he's pretty valuable to this team.
I was not making fun of O'Byrne's game...

The joke is about one incident related to O'Byrne while playing with the Habs...

Yipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
What is with the O'Byrne hate? He's one of the better ES defenders and by far our best PK defender. Dude's having a pretty decent season but everyone craps on him non-stop
Well O'Brien has played worse, but I like him more.

I have three fundamental problems with ROB.

1. He just throws bombs. Up the ice. In the form of the puck.

2. His stickwork is terrible. You'd think with having such a long reach he'd actually try to use it. No wonder he cant' stop dropping his stick, he forgets that he needs it.

3. He is terrible defending east-west. This goes for SOB as well (and perhaps moreso) but that doesn't excuse how bad RoB is in this regard.

Alex Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Elever
Hth

We traded a good prospect forward for O'Byrne, I'm sure we can get a better one back considering he's an NHL regular at this point.

Cody Eakin or someone for O'Byrne?

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
We traded a good prospect forward for O'Byrne, I'm sure we can get a better one back considering he's an NHL regular at this point.

May as well kiss the PK which has become quite good goodbye if you do that. Thanks but no thanks.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post

Rather see what NYI would give us for Quincey. Could get a nice prospect + 2nd from them or something.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Woke up at 7pm went to a friends party, then to a club, and now it's 3.32am, just came home for the Avs game.

Great day. Hopefully the Avs won't ruin it .

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Alright gentlemen let's do this.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
tucker3434

Is the altitude game center feed complete **** for anyone else?

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote