HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash (willing to waive NTC)

Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
xECK29x

vCash: 500
I believe earlier this week Nash said if traded he would prefer a small market team, Garth should offer 1st + Nino/De Hann ASAP.

xECK29x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Kurtis5939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Oh crap, I hope Nash re-signs this offseason. Oh wait...
yes i see your point. I also see the that situations were on different terms. BUT you are making it seem to everyone that nobody lies to the media.

Yes Kovy was a pending UFA , but everyone denied his Trade all the way up till the day it happens.

You dont know if RN is on the move just like i dont. In face he is the only one that has a say in whether or not he gets traded.

but i do think that if a true stanley cup contender makes a good offer i bet he goes.

who would really say oh no i dont want to win a cup. i would much rather sit here in last place its comfortable here.

Kurtis5939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Seriously, when nearly every player is putting up about 20-25 points below their usual career average, it's frequently safe to say that it's a teamwide slump and can be surprisingly easily fixed if you know where to look. Whether or not the CBJ org will be able to actually pull that off is certainly up for debate, though.
Normally I would agree, but in this case, Nash has had the most talent hes ever been surrounded with on this current team, and it hasn't done a damn thing for him.

Not only that, but he's extremely overpaid for what he is and what he's produced in the past. I don't know many 7+ million dollar players that have never cracked the 80 point mark.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

As soon as I saw this in the headlines at NHL.com, I instantly thought that I would come to this site, see a thread about it, and see a bunch of Leafs offers in it involving the regulars. I'm gonna hold my horses for a second. They will be coming. Although Nash would garner a nice return for the Blue Jackets and he deserves to actually have a chance, it would really hurt the fan base IMO. He is the player they sell and build around and that would really deflate the tire IMO.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Normally I would agree, but in this case, Nash has had the most talent hes ever been surrounded with on this current team, and it hasn't done a damn thing for him.

Not only that, but he's extremely overpaid for what he is and what he's produced in the past. I don't know many 7+ million dollar players that have never cracked the 80 point mark.
Yeah, he only has 79. How many times have we heard variants on that one?

All the talent on the roster - ALL of it - is severely underperforming. Under those circumstances, it wouldn't help.

You're free to conclude that he's overpaid, though. I won't even really argue the point - he's certainly not earning that contract right now. But let's please not harp on this whole "he's never cracked the 60/70/PPG/80 point mark" cliche, OK? It's old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Nash to The Habs

Subban + Eller + 1st to CBJ
That'd certainly get my attention. Not sure why the Habs would do it, tho, seeing as though Markov hasn't been in great shape of late.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Fine....we'll just keep him.

I just wish we had that one defenseman to make us competitive....damn...thought this might do it.
I've seen in multiple threads that CBJ doesn't want 2nd/3rd line players, or even top 4 defensemen, that the ones they have are better or just as good as anybody else's. I've seen in multiple threads that CBJ aren't interested in young players and draft picks, only in players that will help next year. Fans claim they don't need a rebuild. This could be for 2 reasons:

1-They have the best prospect pool in the league and adding young players would be overkill. But they don't, so that leaves
2-They already have a solid core who just needs a little boost, or a #1 defenseman maybe, to compete.

If this team manages to fire Arniel, get an average #1 goalie and a top pair defenseman next year (and all this without losing other players), they still won't be very competitive. They'll battle for the playoffs, maybe sneak in. --> IMO that is a sign of a team that needs a rebuild, or maybe 2-3 years of high draft picks depending on the prospect pool. Their players just aren't that good. They need to upgrade everything: their top six forwards, defensive corps, their bottom six forwards into players that are big, good defensively, energetic and of course a #1 goalie.

Nash should be traded if there is a good package available.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Agreed, but there hasn't been anything to suggest any behind the scenes activity.

The media speculated that Columbus might shop Nash, based purely on record and his age. Then the media asked Nash that if Columbus did, would he get in their way? He said no, he'd waive it. I don't see the story there. In fact I wrote a story that there should be no story.
This is what makes the CAPS a possible partner. GMGM, aka the undertaker, could stare down a dead man so it would seem like there is no story to be had.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Oh, we also need better goaltending at a minimum. We're aware of that. We just don't think Nash is the piece to trade for a goaltender.
NONSENSE!!!!

Nash is the perfect piece to trade for a goalie!!!

Nash + Mason for Bryzgalov + Simmonds

You know you want to say yes...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
I've seen in multiple threads that CBJ doesn't want 2nd/3rd line players, or even top 4 defensemen, that the ones they have are better or just as good as anybody else's. I've seen in multiple threads that CBJ aren't interested in young players and draft picks, only in players that will help next year. Fans claim they don't need a rebuild. This could be for 2 reasons:

1-They have the best prospect pool in the league and adding young players would be overkill. But they don't, so that leaves
2-They already have a solid core who just needs a little boost, or a #1 defenseman maybe, to compete.

If this team manages to fire Arniel, get an average #1 goalie and a top pair defenseman next year (and all this without losing other players), they still won't be very competitive. They'll battle for the playoffs, maybe sneak in. --> IMO that is a sign of a team that needs a rebuild, or maybe 2-3 years of high draft picks depending on the prospect pool. Their players just aren't that good. They need to upgrade everything: their top six forwards, defensive corps, their bottom six forwards into players that are big, good defensively, energetic and of course a #1 goalie.

Nash should be traded if there is a good package available.
We must respectfully disagree with your assessment of the talent on the roster. The on-paper talent level was at that "sneak into the playoffs" level before Mason melted down again and took most of the team's confidence with him. Fixing the general meltdown AND improving the blueline and goaltending would make for a vastly better team than I think you're giving us credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
NONSENSE!!!!

Nash is the perfect piece to trade for a goalie!!!

Nash + Mason for Bryzgalov + Simmonds

You know you want to say yes...
Watch yourself, buddy.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis5939 View Post
yes i see your point. I also see the that situations were on different terms. BUT you are making it seem to everyone that nobody lies to the media.

Yes Kovy was a pending UFA , but everyone denied his Trade all the way up till the day it happens.

You dont know if RN is on the move just like i dont. In face he is the only one that has a say in whether or not he gets traded.

but i do think that if a true stanley cup contender makes a good offer i bet he goes.

who would really say oh no i dont want to win a cup. i would much rather sit here in last place its comfortable here.
I'm not saying that no one lies to the media. I'm saying it's interesting how the media picks and chooses which quotes to report. People lie all the time and that's why you should rely on the evidence. Is there any evidence that Nash is on the block? All speculation comes purely from the media.

I'll exaggerate my point. If I wanted to say that Stastny prefers to play in the AHL, I might go ask him, "Paul, if you'd make 20 million dollars next year to play in the AHL would you prefer the AHL or the NHL." Then say he responds, "Well Crisp, I love playing with the Avalanche, and even though my dad thinks we need more synergies I wouldn't go anywhere else. 20 million is a lot though. On second thought, I'd prefer to play in the AHL over the NHL."

Voila. There's my headline. "Stastny prefers to play in the AHL over the NHL."

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
We must respectfully disagree with your assessment of the talent on the roster. The on-paper talent level was at that "sneak into the playoffs" level before Mason melted down again and took most of the team's confidence with him. Fixing the general meltdown AND improving the blueline and goaltending would make for a vastly better team than I think you're giving us credit for.
I mean they're the last place team. There MUST be something wrong with them other than lacking confidence (c'mon they're professional atheltes) and coaching (it's not like Arniel was taken off the street in Brazil). Like I said fixing the D and goaltending with a couple players makes them a fringe playoff team. This requires assets and doesn't happen by itself. Time for a rebuild.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Stan Dupcomic
Thank you come again

From the Leafs, Schenn, Kulemin, and Grabovski. But only if that package fails to land one of Anaheim's big three.

Stan Dupcomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Wease

Nash needs to be second fiddle on a star laden team. I vote trading him to Pittsburgh to flank Crosby or Malkin...

Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
I mean they're the last place team. There MUST be something wrong with them other than lacking confidence (c'mon they're professional atheltes) and coaching (it's not like Arniel was taken off the street in Brazil). Like I said fixing the D and goaltending with a couple players makes them a fringe playoff team. This requires assets and doesn't happen by itself. Time for a rebuild.
I have come to the conclusion that you really need to pay closer attention to what's going on here before you can really push that point effectively. If the bulk of your argument is "they're in last place, it CAN'T be that simple", then that's a strong indicator of a simple lack of information and analysis.

If you have more data you wish to bring to the table, by all means feel free, but so far all I'm seeing is "well of course they Universally Suck, they're in last place" - which is a fair assumption in most broad circumstances, but it's insufficient for detailed critical analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
Nash needs to be second fiddle on a star laden team. I vote trading him to Pittsburgh to flank Crosby or Malkin...
This theory is a large part of why we traded for Carter, why we have our fingers crossed for Johansen, and why many of my fellow CBJ fans are hoping we get Yakupov. We'll see how it goes.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Nash to The Habs

Subban + Eller + 1st to CBJ
That's brutal. We need young players on cheap contracts. We can't take on yet another bloated contract.

Keeping that in mind, Nash would not be worth that much even if he was a decent contract. His contract is bad. Nash is good, but not 8 million dollars good.

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
That'd certainly get my attention. Not sure why the Habs would do it, tho, seeing as though Markov hasn't been in great shape of late.

You have a point about the Habs D. However, in my head I have a list of players that I would be willing to give up a package like that for, Nash is one of them.

It gives The Habs the real All Star forward they have not had in years. I guess my point is you make the deal for Nash and hope to sign a few guys to plug holes until Beaulieu and Tinordi are NHL ready.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Malpraktis

As others have hinted, Nash's 7.8m cap hit for the next ~6 years is killer to most teams.

I mean the list of teams that would most likely be interested all have reasons why they shouldn't:

NSH - In division, don't spend this kind of cash
DAL - Maybe? They are borderline Sellers this year, would likely want to hold onto campbell (best prospect,) and don't really have the other big name prospects that CLB would want, but they could use Nash
NYI - Sellers, don't spend this kind of cash
CAR - Sellers, already have atrocious Staal contract that they are likely thinking of trying to get out of
OTT - Prolly best fit; and they have the prospects to get it done if they wanted him, but would have to deal with all their cap on spezza and nash
WPG - In Division next year
FLA - Don't normally spend cash
PHX - No Owner
STL - 1/3rd up for sale i believe, and in division
CHI - In division, have enough high cap hit players
DET - Doesn't give their players 7.8 million a year, and in division
ANA - Sellers, no real need
NJD - I think they have enough high priced snipers atm.

Rest of teams don't really have the cap space

Malpraktis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
That's brutal. We need young players on cheap contracts. We can't take on yet another bloated contract.

Keeping that in mind, Nash would not be worth that much even if he was a decent contract. His contract is bad. Nash is good, but not 8 million dollars good.
of course his contract is bad, no player of his calibre is on a good contract.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that you really need to pay closer attention to what's going on here before you can really push that point effectively. If the bulk of your argument is "they're in last place, it CAN'T be that simple", then that's a strong indicator of a simple lack of information and analysis.

If you have more data you wish to bring to the table, by all means feel free, but so far all I'm seeing is "well of course they Universally Suck, they're in last place" - which is a fair assumption in most broad circumstances, but it's insufficient for detailed critical analysis.
Are they better then a usual last place team? Maybe. Probably I guess. The fact is, even if they were in 10th, they just don't have the quality players to be more than a sneak into the playoffs kind of team. Just look at the top 8-10 teams in the league. Does Columbus have the kind of quality players that those teams have? Not even close. You don't need to watch every game to know this. Unless you plan on acquiring All Stars by fleecing teams in trades or paying a premium in free agency, the best way to acquire high quality players is rebuilding through the draft. So no, the bulk of my argument is not that they are a last place team.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
of course his contract is bad, no player of his calibre is on a good contract.
Claude Giroux says hi!!!

So does Bobby Ryan, so does Ryan Kesler... I could go on and on and on.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Are they better then a usual last place team? Maybe. Probably I guess. The fact is, even if they were in 10th, they just don't have the quality players to be more than a sneak into the playoffs kind of team. Just look at the top 8-10 teams in the league. Does Columbus have the kind of quality players that those teams have? Not even close. You don't need to watch every game to know this. Unless you plan on acquiring All Stars by fleecing teams in trades or paying a premium in free agency, the best way to acquire high quality players is rebuilding through the draft. So no, the bulk of my argument is not that they are a last place team.
Ah, it's a count of All-Stars as well. We've got two now, in case that matters.

What watching games regularly would show you is just how unbelievably discombobulated this team has been. Folks who have been team MVPs here and elsewhere are forgetting and screwing up on basic hockey fundamentals because they're pushing too hard and in the wrong areas. That's not talent or potential - that's execution, teamwork, and coaching. When proven star players are giving up 3-on-1 rushes on the penalty kill, it's not just "these guys suck" or "you don't have enough quality".

Old
01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Claude Giroux says hi!!!

So does Bobby Ryan, so does Ryan Kesler... I could go on and on and on.
Giroux is 23
Ryan is 24
Kesler is 27 and IMO not on Nash level

Nash is 27

We shall see what they make once they are 27 and on thier 3rd contract.

Old
01-05-2012, 03:20 PM
markisonfire

The Kings would be on this. Johnson, Bernier, Penner. Something around there.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:24 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan View Post

Rick Nash
Matt Calvert

Mike Cammalleri
Yannick Weber
Louis Leblanc
Dany Masse
1st rounder
no thanks. I can't honestly think of any Habs players I would want in a deal for Nash.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
The Kings would be on this. Johnson, Bernier, Penner. Something around there.
Would be worth considering IMO.