Sedin expects Bruins to be "running around"

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Turk 16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
he went way low towards Lucic s knees,He ended up getting worst of it but he really could have did number on lucic there,Anyways I hope Lucic pays him back tomorrow for that, better yet here it is,,,, he way low there on him,,not near hip there,
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=116491
I dunno, I've watched that clip a bunch of times and I think it was a clean hipcheck. I know many disagree (including Krejci).

Anyway, it backfired. That's one injury I wouldn't wanna get.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:32 PM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
Did marchand get a penalty for this?

Old
01-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLERCOPTER View Post
Did marchand get a penalty for this?
Yes, two minutes for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct.

Sedin also received a 10-minute misconduct, for mouthing off at the ref.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:47 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Sedin also received a 10-minute misconduct, for mouthing off at the ref.
I swear the actual score sheet says "10 minutes - Having Lady Parts" for Sedin's misconduct.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:28 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
wow marchand really made him his Bch.if someone ever did that to me.lets just say i woukldnt stand like a statute like sedin did.
Are you saying that you would have fallen down?

Old
01-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Are you saying that you would have fallen down?

Nah, he would have dove instead.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
I'm so sick of the Canucks acting like the Bruins weren't playing hockey, like it was ECW on skates. The bottom line is they got outcoached and outclassed in Boston.

There wasn't a Canuck in the top 4 players in that series. Kesler was fine but other than that, was Burrows their second best player? And he went and poked the bear to turn that series on its head.

And I'm so tired of hearing about how much talent they were missing. The Bruins were without Savard, they lost Horton, Kaberle was a ghost, and Chara was still recovering from his illness.
Lucic was playing with a broken bone in his foot.

B's need to win tomorrow to shut them up..

01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Crows*

Just a note you Bruin fans might find interesting from one of your ex players you guys all seemed to like.

I made a topic in the summer when the Canucks signed Byron bitz.

He hadn't played a pro game in a year and a half and had multiple Sports hernia operations. His career was just about over. Well tonight, he's healthy and on a conditioning stint in Chicago. His first pro game in a year and a half and he has scored a goal tonight. He seems like a great guy.

http://www.canada.com/sports/Byron+B...787/story.html

Quote:
It might as well be Christmas morning for Nanaimo Clippers alumni and current Vancouver Canucks forward Byron Bitz.

Tonight he will play in his first hockey game since March 2010 when he missed the final eight games of the season with the Florida Panthers with an elbow injury.

That elbow injury seems like a long time ago and such a minor thing. During training camp for the 2010-11 season he suffered a sports hernia that required surgery, tipping off a hellacious 16 months of surgery and rehab.

But he's not thinking about the lost season or the frustration of being told he's going to miss even more time or even the uncertainty of whether he will play again. Right now he's counting down the hours to 7 p.m. when he will step onto the ice in a Chicago Wolves uniform at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Il. to play the Peoria Rivermen.

"I feel like a kid getting to play again," he said.

It's not the NHL but Bitz is hoping his stay on the Canucks' American Hockey League team will be a temporary one.

He has been skating with Wolves for the last three weeks and says he hasn't had any setbacks.

"At this point my chips are on the table, I'm all-in," said Bitz.

"If it happens again, so be it. I'm going to put my best effort into it, I'm not going to be scared about hurting it again. If you're going to play like that you might as well not be playing at all. All indications so far are I'm going to be fine."

The six-foot-five, 215-pound winger's list of ailments was a long one. He's had two sports hernia surgeries, a groin surgery, and a hip surgery, as well as battling other complications.

Bitz signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Canucks this offseason after the Florida Panthers walked away from him at the end of last season. Other teams had shown interest in Bitz, but he thought the Canucks offered the best fit for him.

It was a limited pool of suitors, however, after missing an entire campaign.

"Any team that called there was a lot of concern over how I was physically and whether I'd be able to go or not," said Bitz.

The Canucks were hoping Bitz would provide them with some toughness and size, but it all came crashing down when he was sidelined in camp with a lower body injury. Turned out he required his second sports hernia surgery, and the recovery was far from simple. It was to the point where the thought of never playing again crept into his mind.

"After the last surgery in September and not coming through that one very well and still having some ongoing problems, there was a lot of doubt in my mind whether I was going to play again," said Bitz. "(The doctors in Vancouver) did everything possible . . . and found a combination of treatments and rehab that did the trick. I'm incredibly grateful to those guys."

Bitz knows he will have that opportunity to play with the Canucks at some pint over the final half of the NHL season as long as he shows them he can still play. Vancouver is already down Aaron Volpatti for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury leaving an organization that already wasn't deep on tough, checking forwards down one more.

"I'm going to have to earn an opportunity," he said. "But I'm hoping a month from now I'll be feeling pretty good."

Bitz played for the Clippers during the 2002-03 season, scoring 27 goals and 46 assists for 73 points in 58 games. He spun that success into a four-year scholarship at Cornell University and was drafted in the fourth round, 107th overall, by the Bruins in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

He played parts of two seasons with the Bruins, getting in 70 games (8-8-16 with 49 penalty minutes) before being dealt to the Panthers on March 3, 2010 along with Craig Weller and a second round pick for defenceman Dennis Seidenberg and Matthew Bartowski. He played just seven games on South Beach before his season came to an end with an elbow injury.

The Saskatoon native hasn't been back to Nanaimo since his junior days, but has been invited to drop the puck at a Clippers game. If he can make it back to Vancouver before the end of the B.C. Hockey League's campaign, that may just happen.

"I've thought about coming back a lot," said Bitz. "I have nothing but good memories of the city and the Clippers organization."

Old
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Waltah*

bitzy!!!

Old
01-06-2012, 10:57 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Glad Bitz seems to be doing better, but honestly, I thought Sobotka was a much better player than Bitz and never saw whatever the B's did.

Old
01-06-2012, 11:12 PM
ckyak
Journeymen rise up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
One that stuck out for me was when one of the brothers (can't remember which one, think it was Henrik) collided with Ference, went down on the ground and started clutching his visor, even though nothing hit his visor, then got all pissed off and after the refs came around like grabbed Ference by the neck, looked like he was hugging him, it was so weird haha. Then you could see Ference mouthing "you ok???" haha

I don't even remember which game this was unfortunately... anyone else remember?

or you can just make a montage ...

Last edited by ckyak: 01-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Lucic was playing with a broken bone in his foot.

B's need to win tomorrow to shut them up..
Worse than the broken toe I believe was Lucic's broken nose. The surgeon said after his post-playoff surgery that it was the worse broken nose he'd ever seen (seven places). Difficult to play at a high level when you're having difficulty breathing.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:05 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Worse than the broken toe I believe was Lucic's broken nose. The surgeon said after his post-playoff surgery that it was the worse broken nose he'd ever seen (seven places). Difficult to play at a high level when you're having difficulty breathing.
Nah, that was from his girlfriend's shoe.

Anyway, the people of Vancouver showed their stripes after the game (yes, plenty of those rioters were, in fact, *gasp* Canucks fans) and then again when Lucic couldn't leave his house with the Cup. Why Vancouver as a town or a team is getting all this respect and media attention (dare I say bias?) is beyond me. They've got the same problems as the Sharks did when everyone was piling on them, plus their fans were, on a collective level, the worst of 2011. They acted in a disgusting manner for the second time in their history and STILL the Canadian media paints te Bruins as a team of goons and their fans as boorish, know-nothing Americans.

I'm tired of these clowns getting the coverage. I'm sick of the diving Sedins. I'm tired of Luongo's fragile psyche. I want Alain to just go to the Habs already.

I'm ******* done with caring about the Canucks and I hope the Bruins bury this "feud" under six feet of cement.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:19 AM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceswithBeavers View Post
Announcers are saying what Daniel Sedin needs to do is throw his gloves off and punch someone to establish his toughness. I agree. I think he needs to go after McQuaid on Saturday. Not only will that show his toughness but he and Henrick will never again look exactly the same.
I'm coming in late for this post, but all I can say that Daniel should knock himself out trying that. Oh... wait asec, McQuaid will take care of that for him.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Lobster57
#nofreepasses

My guess is you would have to get down around the Boychuk/Ference range of toughness before any B's find a partner. Thorts/Z/Lucic and Quaider won't find anyone willing.

Old
01-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Greyhounds

Old
01-07-2012, 12:54 AM
grayson*

Just out of curiosity, as a neutral fan here, anyone here who has actually played hockey at a competitive level has never lost an edge when caught off balance on skates after reacting to a quick moving object being thrown towards their face (ie: a fist, in a hockey game, not a boxing match)?

Old
01-07-2012, 01:03 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson View Post
Just out of curiosity, as a neutral fan here, anyone here who has actually played hockey at a competitive level has never lost an edge when caught off balance on skates after reacting to a quick moving object being thrown towards their face (ie: a fist, in a hockey game, not a boxing match)?
No. You're not going to get knocked down trying to avoid a punch unless you totally twist your body. NHLers fight and duck all the time without falling. Hockey players routinely duck out of the way of shots and don't fall doing so.

Hockey players have the greatest balancing abilities of any professional athletes outside of gymnasts. At my alma mater, the hockey team finished the ropes course twice as fast as any other group for just that reason: we're used to balancing on 1/8" blades on ice.

Besides, if you fall accidentally, you pop right back up unharmed. You don't stay down as if you've been shot.

Old
01-07-2012, 01:09 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson View Post
You do realize we can click on "find more posts by 'grayson'" and clearly see that you're a Canuck fan... right?

Old
01-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
RE: Sedins stepping up - I don't blame them for not doing anything. I mean, they'd have to drop the gloves, purse, bracelets, and earrings. And, man, the risk of a broken nail goes through the roof!

Old
01-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Lobster57
#nofreepasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
You do realize we can click on "find more posts by 'grayson'" and clearly see that you're a Canuck fan... right?
Ha, good stuff there, but hey we're Bruins fans, those of us on HFBoards are just advanced Neanderthals.

Old
01-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
Ha, good stuff there, but hey we're Bruins fans, those of us on HFBoards are just advanced Neanderthals.
My forehead slopes so much, I generate lift.

Old
01-07-2012, 01:28 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

Game is in less than 12 hours. Let's see what happens then.

Time for this thread to go to bed.

Closed Thread