Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

SønderjyskE Player Question

Old
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
villevalo

vCash: 500
SønderjyskE Player Question

David Phillips is probably one the Brits playing in a "high" league at the moment. He was recently let go by SønderjyskE, did anyone watch him play? How did he get on?

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Bank

Only saw him a few times. He's a big d-man with some offensive upside. I think him being let go from SønderjyskE has more to due with the club than the player. SønderjyskE has failed to reach the finals two years in a row now - despite being the team with the biggest budget. By far. So they wanted a clean house. Phillips was not irreplaceble. Thats way he's leaving allready.

To me he was kinda meh. He was bad or anything the few times I saw him but he wasn't the one and only either. He was fairly good. He might have compeeded for a WC-spot on Team Denmark but I don't think he would have gotten it.

That being said he could easily have passed for a canadian or american in the Danish League

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
PietB
Random User

I saw him play on a couple of occasions as well, living close to Vojens I follow (and cheer for) SønderjyskE a lot. He hasn't done badly at all, I liked his offensive upside, which he showed in most of the games I attended.
Bank is right about what he said: SønderjyskE needs a big clean-up, some hungry, clutch play-off players. With 8 PO spots for 9 teams, a playoff spot is very likely to archieve anyway. Beside that, despite him being good, he wasn't good enough to be irreplaceable.

PietB is offline   Reply With Quote