HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXX (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Well one thing is for sure, I would like to state that I think the Bryzgalov contract is much worse than Gomezs! 6 goals against tonight! lol

Old
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Ottawa keeps on winning.

I think we're done.

Old
01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The Nucks are saying Salo has a concussion...there will be no suspension though...Marchand will explain what happened and Shanny will be happy when all is said and done...
Salo "ran" Marchand.

At least that's what Claude Julien said.

TSN has a clip of Alain Vigneault responding to Julien's claim. "That's just stupid," Vigneault said. He then went on to talk about Marchand being a dirty player who will get his someday. Says if the league doesn't take care of Marchand, somebody else will.

Salo ran Marchand.....

Old
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Well one thing is for sure, I would like to state that I think the Bryzgalov contract is much worse than Gomezs! 6 goals against tonight! lol
It's a bad contract but only after gomez is buried will Bryz's be worse. The last goal was EN.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Salo "ran" Marchand.

At least that's what Claude Julien said.

TSN has a clip of Alain Vigneault responding to Julien's claim. "That's just stupid," Vigneault said. He then went on to talk about Marchand being a dirty player who will get his someday. Says if the league doesn't take care of Marchand, somebody else will.

Salo ran Marchand.....
Here is the article.
Look at the picture of Bruin fans reaction to an injured player.

http://www.theprovince.com/business/...463/story.html

Old
01-09-2012, 01:12 AM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
One thing is for certain. Marchand is a QUICK player. Did you see how fast he went behind Chara after that hit?

Old
01-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Julien sure is stupid, what a dumb thing to say.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Crows*

I almost fell out of my chair when I read what Julien said about it. What a joke.

He thinks the same sami salo that had to be repeatedly told by coaches to shoot more and harder because he was afraid of hurting teammates and opposing players, was going out of his way to destroy and injure innocent rat nose marchand? LOL

The Canucks were on the PP and salo was pinching to keep the puck in. Notice Daniel sedin covering for him at the point Claude?

I hated the bruins after the finals, but my detest for them is even more great now. The most disgusting team in the NHL. They hack and whack and punch almost after every single whistle. And now with these quotes from Julien, we can clearly see where his players get the directive to do this kind of garbage.

Habs are my second fav team now. PLEASE please please!!! Make a run for the playoffs and knock the bruins out. You have most Canuck fans behind you.

Old
01-09-2012, 05:54 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
One thing is for certain. Marchand is a QUICK player. Did you see how fast he went behind Chara after that hit?
Well chara was a jet there protecting him. Whatever though, Marchand is a good player and a little dirty. It doesn't bother me too much. I just dislike bruins fans say everyone else dives, fakes injuries or is dirty besides the bruins. As mean and immature as this sounds, the more I see bruins players play on the edge and the fans backing up questionable calls and calling other teams fakers I begin to feel less and less badly about savards injury...even if it's not his fault. Just a subconscious thing I guess.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:14 AM
psychonaut

"There is a difference and anybody who says there's not a difference is an idiot."-Ballard

So Ballard is calling Marchand a idiot lol.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
"There is a difference and anybody who says there's not a difference is an idiot."-Ballard

So Ballard is calling Marchand a idiot lol.
He'd get a flaming infraction if he was on HF.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
What are you talking about? How does "Pacioretty GETS 3 games" make you think the comparison is to him BEING hit by Chara (although given the current climate we should be thankful THAT didn't happen)?

Also, he's a notoriously dirty player, we all know it on this board, you obviously don't think so, what's so shocking to you? That we aren't going to roll our eyes when we see him continue with his garbage cheap shots and hiding behind lucic/chara? Brad Marchand IS responsible for a lot of bad things in hockey. Great hockey player, but a dirty POS.

EDIT: NM, I just see that your phrasing is confusing and misleading. so..."pacioretty" aka Pacioretty's suspension DOES have a lot to do with "Brad Marchand" aka Marchand's further discipline since he injured an opposing player and he intended to do it.
It's pretty simple. When your only intention is to start crap with posters you don't care if what you say makes actual sense.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:59 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well chara was a jet there protecting him. Whatever though, Marchand is a good player and a little dirty. It doesn't bother me too much. I just dislike bruins fans say everyone else dives, fakes injuries or is dirty besides the bruins. As mean and immature as this sounds, the more I see bruins players play on the edge and the fans backing up questionable calls and calling other teams fakers I begin to feel less and less badly about savards injury...even if it's not his fault. Just a subconscious thing I guess.
If any team let karma kick them in the ass it's them. The only difference between the Patches and Zednick hits in my eyes is that on one of the two hits they were smart enough to do it prior to the playoffs thus not getting suspended as a result.

Habs have solid player.
Solid player frustrates Bruins
Bruins kill frustrating player purposely.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He'd get a flaming infraction if he was on HF.
For calling Marchand an idiot, maybe we would let it slide on the Habs board...

Old
01-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Ottawa keeps on winning.

I think we're done.
The Pens keep on losing...

As long as the Habs keep winning, then.................

Old
01-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
The Pens keep on losing...

As long as the Habs keep winning, then.................
But the Caps are also ahead of us and trying to catch the Pens. It won't be easy and unless we have a 8+ game win streak I don't think we get in. But that's my opinion. We need to go on a huge winning streak up until the ASG

Old
01-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
The Bruins are truly in a league of their own in terms of despicability. The other fanbases are figuring this out as well.

Not even The Flyers come close... they seem honourable by comparison.

Watching Horton and Lucic (for example) punch players after a whistle really gets under my skin.

I will give them points for stirring up passion though...

... passionate hatred that is

Old
01-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But the Caps are also ahead of us and trying to catch the Pens. It won't be easy and unless we have a 8+ game win streak I don't think we get in. But that's my opinion. We need to go on a huge winning streak up until the ASG
100% agreed.

Its all about the run up to the trading deadline...

I am just enjoying one game at a time at this point... At least RC has the team attacking more, which makes for a more entertaining game.

Old
01-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Of course it's going to be hard, but it's really the only thing the players can do at this point. The question is whether they have enough skill to get it done or not. I can't see them making any trades involving our picks or young prospects, so it's pretty much up to the team we have now.

Now if only we could find a way to get Calgary's first round pick for next season, that should be a good one.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:07 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

no way calgary is trading their first. they are on the verge of calling their "re tool" a failure and selling for picks,
and probably try to rebuild in 2 year time.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
100% agreed.

Its all about the run up to the trading deadline...

I am just enjoying one game at a time at this point... At least RC has the team attacking more, which makes for a more entertaining game.
Habs may have reached the point where they feel that have nothing to lose. This team is ALWAYS under to much pressure. For years, 9th, 8th, 7th, 9th...Well, not so much now.

I Imagine they might play the loosest and most relaxed games they have in years the next 15 or so. That could be interesting. 8 game run might well happen.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Et le But

Quote:
The Caps look shaky too.

It's not looking good for us but the east is so close right now if we can manage to string together some wins things will get interesting.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Caps look shaky too.

It's not looking good for us but the east is so close right now if we can manage to string together some wins things will get interesting.
That's for sure and that's why I set a date(all star game) and if by then things didn't really get better and we didn't have a long win streak then I would hope the Habs start selling. No point in hanging on to FA to be. Also we play against a lot of east teams in the 2nd half obviously, but we need to win these games in regulation, 3 pts games are going to kill us and it seems that this year every game goes in OT. Not good for us

Old
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I just saw that Paul Gaustad is UFA this summer. Not sure what the Sabres intend to do with him but if he does hit free agency i hope the Habs go hard after that guy. He's pretty much the perfect bottom 6 center.

The problem is that i see a bidding war for him if he's UFA. He's one of those guys i wouldn't mind slightly overpaying for him though since he brings so much to the table.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Habsfan18

Gilbert Brule is on re-entry waivers.

Meh. I know some people on here like him though.