HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brayden Schenn (Carolina)

Old
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn (Carolina)

Hi Flyer fans! Hope you are doing well! Just wondering what you guys think Schenn's value is right now. There's a lot of ideas being thrown around on the canes board about wanting to put together some kind of package to get him. What exactly do you think he is worth and are you willing to trade him? People are throwing Gleason's name around a lot, which would help you out on D in Pronger's absence, so that might be a starting place.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-04-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Speculation: Carolina
2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1335
There are some recent comments in this thread, too:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1069851

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Wow I guess I missed that thread even though it was just a few down. Haha oh well thanks

Old
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
DickTony

I wouldn't mind seeing us make a run at Gleason, but I highly doubt Schenn would be a part of that deal. No reason to trade him when we're just now beginning to see flashes of what he can do. His value is probably at an all time low, so trading him now makes little sense.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Wow I guess I missed that thread even though it was just a few down. Haha oh well thanks
No big deal. If anyone wants to speculate and discuss a trade with Carolina, that is a separate issue and can be done here.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Viller

I like Gleason but for Schenn? Common now. We gave Mike Richards for him...

Schenn could fetch a more complete D than Gleason.

edit: What I meant to say is, even in a package, I highly doubt theyd work a trade with those 2 as center pieces.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post

I didn't say straight up, I mean as part of a package. Gleason straight up for Schenn makes no sense, but it could in package

Old
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post

edit: What I meant to say is, even in a package, I highly doubt theyd work a trade with those 2 as center pieces.
Just saw your edit. He doesn't have to be a center piece, I'm just saying that there has been a lot of talk about Gleason going to Philly in some kind of trade. For what it's worth I think that it would probably take Ruutu and some kind of addition to get him

Old
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
JojoTheWhale

He hasn't had a great start to the year, between injuries and a lack of scoring. Obviously he's young and it isn't a sky is falling type of situation.

With all of that being said, the organization is counting on him being a top line center. Unless someone gives value commensurate with a legit top center prospect in trade, there's zero chance he gets moved.

Obviously you weren't trying to say Gleason straight up, but using him as the basis of a deal isn't the type of deal the Flyers would be looking to make. I'm actually a huge Gleason fan and would absolutely love him on the Flyers, but the truth is that it's probably 98% likely that Schenn stays a Flyer. The other 2% would be a deal for a legit #1 defenseman that circumstances demand must be moved. Otherwise, they have no motivation to move him.

There isn't really a match on the Canes that I can see. Please note that this doesn't mean that there are no Canes that would be tremendous upgrades on the Flyers, just that there isn't an evenly-valued match of supply and demand between the two teams if Schenn is the starting point.

TLDR: Schenn as part of a deal for Suter/Weber if either/or won't resign, or for an OEL-level defensive prospect. That's the realm of player that would need to be acquired to make it make sense.

JojoTheWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

A first rounder would have to come our way me thinks and another piece but Canes shouldn't want to do that with it being a possible lottery pick. I would love to get Grigorenko tho so

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoTheWhale View Post
He hasn't had a great start to the year, between injuries and a lack of scoring. Obviously he's young and it isn't a sky is falling type of situation.

With all of that being said, the organization is counting on him being a top line center. Unless someone gives value commensurate with a legit top center prospect in trade, there's zero chance he gets moved.

Obviously you weren't trying to say Gleason straight up, but using him as the basis of a deal isn't the type of deal the Flyers would be looking to make. I'm actually a huge Gleason fan and would absolutely love him on the Flyers, but the truth is that it's probably 98% likely that Schenn stays a Flyer. The other 2% would be a deal for a legit #1 defenseman that circumstances demand must be moved. Otherwise, they have no motivation to move him.

There isn't really a match on the Canes that I can see. Please note that this doesn't mean that there are no Canes that would be tremendous upgrades on the Flyers, just that there isn't an evenly-valued match of supply and demand between the two teams if Schenn is the starting point.

TLDR: Schenn as part of a deal for Suter/Weber if either/or won't resign, or for an OEL-level defensive prospect. That's the realm of player that would need to be acquired to make it make sense.
Oh I understand. Honestly it's just that the canes need offense in a very bad way. A lot of people back of the canes board were wanting to have him and I'm mainly just trying to see his value because outside of the games we've played against you, and the classic I've never seen him play

Old
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
JoeFlyer

Yeah I can't really see a deal with Carolina for Schenn really working. Anything we might like the look of would add too much cap to us and I'd say he's probably worth more than a 1st round pick as we don't really need a pick (though I guess that's debatable - i.e. what the pick would become and what the potential of each player is). We only really need a legit top, top Dman I think and the Canes don't have one to offer. (Sorry )

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I'd rather use Schenn to go after Weber or Suter, if that's possible.

01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
duffy9748

Yeah no offense but were just not good partners in a deal around Schenn. The only players I would trade him for would be Staal/Skinner/Ward and that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. I'd consider something with Ryan Murphy involved but don't know enough about him to propose something.

We traded our franchise player/fan favorite/captain and Schenn was the center piece. Anything less than a player of Mike Richards caliber coming back won't get it done.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:02 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This.

I think, essentially the only way schenn is traded is if we are getting either Ryan suter or Shea weber in return.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Schenn, Bryz, Carle, a 1st and a 3rd for Skinner and Ward.

I'm so bad at these.

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Just saw your edit. He doesn't have to be a center piece, I'm just saying that there has been a lot of talk about Gleason going to Philly in some kind of trade. For what it's worth I think that it would probably take Ruutu and some kind of addition to get him
So Schenn for two UFAs?

Pass. The Flyers should just hold onto their players and try to add Gleason with an offer, not a trade.

Quote:
Oh I understand. Honestly it's just that the canes need offense in a very bad way. A lot of people back of the canes board were wanting to have him and I'm mainly just trying to see his value because outside of the games we've played against you, and the classic I've never seen him play
I don't think Schenn is the player you should be going after. From what I've seen, the Canes need an offensive presence every night. Schenn isn't that type of player yet. That's why the trade value is probably off somewhat.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I didn't say straight up, I mean as part of a package. Gleason straight up for Schenn makes no sense, but it could in package
Big fan of Tim's here. How about a 2nd round pick and one of our young defenders of your choice,either Gustafsson or Bourdon?

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I love both Weber and Suter. The problem I have with that though is we would have to gut our team to land either one one them. Nashville is going to want a kings ransom for either one of them. Plus Nashville is going to wait for the trade deadline to run up the price in a bidding war if they do plan on not signing them both.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Schenn, Bryz, Carle, a 1st and a 3rd for Skinner and Ward.

I'm so bad at these.
I'd say yes to this... not so sure that Carolina would, as they pretty much love Skinner (and with good reason), but I don't really think the value is too bad.

Maybe include Simmonds instead of Carle? Gives the Hurricanes a little more value since Carle is a UFA and Carolina isn't a playoff contender and therefore they have no use for him.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:36 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Hi Flyer fans! Hope you are doing well! Just wondering what you guys think Schenn's value is right now. There's a lot of ideas being thrown around on the canes board about wanting to put together some kind of package to get him. What exactly do you think he is worth and are you willing to trade him? People are throwing Gleason's name around a lot, which would help you out on D in Pronger's absence, so that might be a starting place.
If you wanted Schenn from us for Gleason, it would need to be something like your 2012 1st + Gleason for Schenn + 2nd.

I'd consider something like that given the top end talent in the draft, but other than that, Schenn isn't moving for Gleason.

I would definitely be open to Schenn++ for Skinner though...

Old
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
If the canes are trying to improve their offense then trading skinner would be the opposite of that goal.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Rekker
**** the russians

Quote:
Weber? Come on now..

Rekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
If the canes are trying to improve their offense then trading skinner would be the opposite of that goal.
True, but they would get a prospect the caliber of Jeff Skinner (Schenn) + a top 6 winger in Simmonds + a 1st + more.

Would that be enough to pry away Skinner? IDK. But it would be a good start for a team that is in need of a lot more help to become a playoff contender... especially considering that Ruutu will likely be leaving as a UFA.

Old
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
True, but they would get a prospect the caliber of Jeff Skinner (Schenn) + a top 6 winger in Simmonds + a 1st + more.

Would that be enough to pry away Skinner? IDK. But it would be a good start for a team that is in need of a lot more help to become a playoff contender... especially considering that Ruutu will likely be leaving as a UFA.
Rather have Schenn then Skinner. So I personally wouldn't do that

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote