HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Brayden Schenn (Carolina)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
  #1
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn (Carolina)

Hi Flyer fans! Hope you are doing well! Just wondering what you guys think Schenn's value is right now. There's a lot of ideas being thrown around on the canes board about wanting to put together some kind of package to get him. What exactly do you think he is worth and are you willing to trade him? People are throwing Gleason's name around a lot, which would help you out on D in Pronger's absence, so that might be a starting place.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-04-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Speculation: Carolina
2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
  #2
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 38,949
vCash: 1335
There are some recent comments in this thread, too:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1069851

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
  #3
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Wow I guess I missed that thread even though it was just a few down. Haha oh well thanks

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
  #4
DickTony
Registered User
 
DickTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing us make a run at Gleason, but I highly doubt Schenn would be a part of that deal. No reason to trade him when we're just now beginning to see flashes of what he can do. His value is probably at an all time low, so trading him now makes little sense.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
  #5
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 38,949
vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Wow I guess I missed that thread even though it was just a few down. Haha oh well thanks
No big deal. If anyone wants to speculate and discuss a trade with Carolina, that is a separate issue and can be done here.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
  #6
Viller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 500
I like Gleason but for Schenn? Common now. We gave Mike Richards for him...

Schenn could fetch a more complete D than Gleason.

edit: What I meant to say is, even in a package, I highly doubt theyd work a trade with those 2 as center pieces.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
  #7
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
I like Gleason but for Schenn? Common now. We gave Mike Richards for him...

Schenn could fetch a more complete D than Gleason.
I didn't say straight up, I mean as part of a package. Gleason straight up for Schenn makes no sense, but it could in package

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
  #8
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
I like Gleason but for Schenn? Common now. We gave Mike Richards for him...

Schenn could fetch a more complete D than Gleason.

edit: What I meant to say is, even in a package, I highly doubt theyd work a trade with those 2 as center pieces.
Just saw your edit. He doesn't have to be a center piece, I'm just saying that there has been a lot of talk about Gleason going to Philly in some kind of trade. For what it's worth I think that it would probably take Ruutu and some kind of addition to get him

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
  #9
JojoTheWhale
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
He hasn't had a great start to the year, between injuries and a lack of scoring. Obviously he's young and it isn't a sky is falling type of situation.

With all of that being said, the organization is counting on him being a top line center. Unless someone gives value commensurate with a legit top center prospect in trade, there's zero chance he gets moved.

Obviously you weren't trying to say Gleason straight up, but using him as the basis of a deal isn't the type of deal the Flyers would be looking to make. I'm actually a huge Gleason fan and would absolutely love him on the Flyers, but the truth is that it's probably 98% likely that Schenn stays a Flyer. The other 2% would be a deal for a legit #1 defenseman that circumstances demand must be moved. Otherwise, they have no motivation to move him.

There isn't really a match on the Canes that I can see. Please note that this doesn't mean that there are no Canes that would be tremendous upgrades on the Flyers, just that there isn't an evenly-valued match of supply and demand between the two teams if Schenn is the starting point.

TLDR: Schenn as part of a deal for Suter/Weber if either/or won't resign, or for an OEL-level defensive prospect. That's the realm of player that would need to be acquired to make it make sense.

JojoTheWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
  #10
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
A first rounder would have to come our way me thinks and another piece but Canes shouldn't want to do that with it being a possible lottery pick. I would love to get Grigorenko tho so

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
  #11
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoTheWhale View Post
He hasn't had a great start to the year, between injuries and a lack of scoring. Obviously he's young and it isn't a sky is falling type of situation.

With all of that being said, the organization is counting on him being a top line center. Unless someone gives value commensurate with a legit top center prospect in trade, there's zero chance he gets moved.

Obviously you weren't trying to say Gleason straight up, but using him as the basis of a deal isn't the type of deal the Flyers would be looking to make. I'm actually a huge Gleason fan and would absolutely love him on the Flyers, but the truth is that it's probably 98% likely that Schenn stays a Flyer. The other 2% would be a deal for a legit #1 defenseman that circumstances demand must be moved. Otherwise, they have no motivation to move him.

There isn't really a match on the Canes that I can see. Please note that this doesn't mean that there are no Canes that would be tremendous upgrades on the Flyers, just that there isn't an evenly-valued match of supply and demand between the two teams if Schenn is the starting point.

TLDR: Schenn as part of a deal for Suter/Weber if either/or won't resign, or for an OEL-level defensive prospect. That's the realm of player that would need to be acquired to make it make sense.
Oh I understand. Honestly it's just that the canes need offense in a very bad way. A lot of people back of the canes board were wanting to have him and I'm mainly just trying to see his value because outside of the games we've played against you, and the classic I've never seen him play

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  #12
JoeFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Yeah I can't really see a deal with Carolina for Schenn really working. Anything we might like the look of would add too much cap to us and I'd say he's probably worth more than a 1st round pick as we don't really need a pick (though I guess that's debatable - i.e. what the pick would become and what the potential of each player is). We only really need a legit top, top Dman I think and the Canes don't have one to offer. (Sorry )

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
  #13
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 156
I'd rather use Schenn to go after Weber or Suter, if that's possible.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
  #14
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,146
vCash: 500
Yeah no offense but were just not good partners in a deal around Schenn. The only players I would trade him for would be Staal/Skinner/Ward and that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. I'd consider something with Ryan Murphy involved but don't know enough about him to propose something.

We traded our franchise player/fan favorite/captain and Schenn was the center piece. Anything less than a player of Mike Richards caliber coming back won't get it done.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:02 PM
  #15
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd rather use Schenn to go after Weber or Suter, if that's possible.
This.

I think, essentially the only way schenn is traded is if we are getting either Ryan suter or Shea weber in return.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
  #16
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,278
vCash: 500
Schenn, Bryz, Carle, a 1st and a 3rd for Skinner and Ward.

I'm so bad at these.

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
  #17
Bort Sampson
Registered User
 
Bort Sampson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hammock District
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Just saw your edit. He doesn't have to be a center piece, I'm just saying that there has been a lot of talk about Gleason going to Philly in some kind of trade. For what it's worth I think that it would probably take Ruutu and some kind of addition to get him
So Schenn for two UFAs?

Pass. The Flyers should just hold onto their players and try to add Gleason with an offer, not a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Oh I understand. Honestly it's just that the canes need offense in a very bad way. A lot of people back of the canes board were wanting to have him and I'm mainly just trying to see his value because outside of the games we've played against you, and the classic I've never seen him play
I don't think Schenn is the player you should be going after. From what I've seen, the Canes need an offensive presence every night. Schenn isn't that type of player yet. That's why the trade value is probably off somewhat.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
  #18
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
I didn't say straight up, I mean as part of a package. Gleason straight up for Schenn makes no sense, but it could in package
Big fan of Tim's here. How about a 2nd round pick and one of our young defenders of your choice,either Gustafsson or Bourdon?

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:23 PM
  #19
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd rather use Schenn to go after Weber or Suter, if that's possible.
I love both Weber and Suter. The problem I have with that though is we would have to gut our team to land either one one them. Nashville is going to want a kings ransom for either one of them. Plus Nashville is going to wait for the trade deadline to run up the price in a bidding war if they do plan on not signing them both.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
  #20
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Schenn, Bryz, Carle, a 1st and a 3rd for Skinner and Ward.

I'm so bad at these.
I'd say yes to this... not so sure that Carolina would, as they pretty much love Skinner (and with good reason), but I don't really think the value is too bad.

Maybe include Simmonds instead of Carle? Gives the Hurricanes a little more value since Carle is a UFA and Carolina isn't a playoff contender and therefore they have no use for him.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 07:36 PM
  #21
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
Hi Flyer fans! Hope you are doing well! Just wondering what you guys think Schenn's value is right now. There's a lot of ideas being thrown around on the canes board about wanting to put together some kind of package to get him. What exactly do you think he is worth and are you willing to trade him? People are throwing Gleason's name around a lot, which would help you out on D in Pronger's absence, so that might be a starting place.
If you wanted Schenn from us for Gleason, it would need to be something like your 2012 1st + Gleason for Schenn + 2nd.

I'd consider something like that given the top end talent in the draft, but other than that, Schenn isn't moving for Gleason.

I would definitely be open to Schenn++ for Skinner though...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
  #22
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 686
vCash: 840
If the canes are trying to improve their offense then trading skinner would be the opposite of that goal.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
  #23
Rekker
**** the russians
 
Rekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Broad Street
Country: United States
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd rather use Schenn to go after Weber or Suter, if that's possible.
Weber? Come on now..

Rekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
  #24
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
If the canes are trying to improve their offense then trading skinner would be the opposite of that goal.
True, but they would get a prospect the caliber of Jeff Skinner (Schenn) + a top 6 winger in Simmonds + a 1st + more.

Would that be enough to pry away Skinner? IDK. But it would be a good start for a team that is in need of a lot more help to become a playoff contender... especially considering that Ruutu will likely be leaving as a UFA.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  #25
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
True, but they would get a prospect the caliber of Jeff Skinner (Schenn) + a top 6 winger in Simmonds + a 1st + more.

Would that be enough to pry away Skinner? IDK. But it would be a good start for a team that is in need of a lot more help to become a playoff contender... especially considering that Ruutu will likely be leaving as a UFA.
Rather have Schenn then Skinner. So I personally wouldn't do that

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.