HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks rebuilding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
  #51
wienerdog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Getzlaf for Kesler + Edler. And then Getzlaf poops on us every time we play for the next 10 years because a motivated Getzlaf does not project well for the opponent.
Realistically, with the performance these players are putting in on the ice of late, I don't think Gillis would do Getzlaf for Kesler straight up. It's not really a trade that significantly improves our team - he doesn't need to fix what isn't broken.

Kesler is the reigning Selke winner and is turning out a very respectable comeback season after major hip surgury in the summer.

Really, the re-curring hip issues are the only reason a GM would want to get rid of a super-motivated player like Ryan Kesler.

With Henrik and Kesler at centre, I can only imagine it would be Perry or Ryan that Gillis would target - and the gutting of our depth that would happen to do that tells me there's no basis at all to these rumors.


Last edited by wienerdog: 01-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
wienerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:21 PM
  #52
MagnumForce
Registered User
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
#1 Defender
#2 Center
#1 Goalie

That's what the Ducks need.

Next year there gonna need a whole second line too...
#1 Defender.....Andrej Sekera
#2 Goalie.....Ryan Miller
#3 Center....Derek Roy

Roy is not Getzlaf but has averaged roughly 27 goals and 45 assists 4 out of his last 5 seasons ( he only played 35 games last year)

Ryan Miller...having a down year but his resume speaks for itself

Sekera....young solid defenseman

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
  #53
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
#1 Defender.....Andrej Sekera
#2 Goalie.....Ryan Miller
#3 Center....Derek Roy

Roy is not Getzlaf but has averaged roughly 27 goals and 45 assists 4 out of his last 5 seasons ( he only played 35 games last year)

Ryan Miller...having a down year but his resume speaks for itself

Sekera....young solid defenseman
I mean #1 defensman, not the #1 need is a defenseman.

This team needs a #1 sooooo bad. Fowler will be great, but I'm not sold on his ability to be THE guy on the back-end.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:38 PM
  #54
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I mean #1 defensman, not the #1 need is a defenseman.

This team needs a #1 sooooo bad. Fowler will be great, but I'm not sold on his ability to be THE guy on the back-end.
I dont think Fowler will ever be the guy who will play the dirty minutes against another team's top line, sort of like the way Neids was. Pronger always matched up the other teams top unit, we need a shutdown #1 guy to go with Fowler.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
  #55
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
insane, as much as I like to say trade Bobby, unless we are getting what Bobby is worth in return (which is a lot), we cannot trade the guy.

Perry and Getzlaf, are you freaking kidding me? :|

as much as we like to rail on getzlaf, the guy is incredibly talented, and is clearly worried about trying not to get injured, but come playoff time, we know Getzy is an absolute beast.

Trading anyone of RPG for anything but other top talent players, would be an absolute farce.

As long as we draft well, we could be getting 2 even 3 players who would actually be able to play at a pretty high level if needed. This is why I think we should consider trading Selanne to a cup contender. Teemu is easily worth a 1st rounder from any team who can put him on their team in a run for the cup. Knowing how ridiculous a cup run with Winnipeg sounds, im not going to start that one again. But If the Penguins have Crosby projected to play come playoff time- putting Selanne on that team would be dangerous.

Kunitz-Crosby-Selanne???? are you ****ing kidding me??? that would be IN ****ING SANE.

Really though, putting Selanne on a lot of the top contenders, in both conferences could be huge come playoff time, especially on the PP.

Is saying goodbye on Teemu on February 26th in a horrible season for a 1st rounder really such a "horrible" way to say goodbye to the Ducks? Personally, if Selanne got traded to a team like Pittsburg or Chicago I would be very happy to watch his last game with the Ducks, but be even happier to watch him play in the playoffs one more time, im sorry finns, but I don't give a rats ass about the WC. I'm sure Teemu DOES care a lot about winning his first gold at an international competition (and give Finland back to back victories)

but I just really think the type of competitive hockey player Selanne is, deep down he probably wants one more chance at the Stanley Cup, even if he's already won one and never won the WC.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:48 PM
  #56
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
wouldn't do Kesler for Getzlaf straight up? are you ****ing kidding? The Canucks would do Kesler+3rd in a heartbeat. maybe even a 2nd. Getzlaf is a way better player than Kesler.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
  #57
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
I agree. If Teemu wanted to be traded to a contender I would have nothing against him. Hell, I would love to have a team to root for in the playoffs actually.

Koivu-Selanne to Boston for a 7th? Give em each a cup to end their careers.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:58 PM
  #58
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Canuck fan here,

There's been some rumblings in CDC (Canuck discussion board) that the Ducks are trading Corey Perry for Hodgson + Raymond + Ballard. Any of you guys heard any of this?
are you actually serious? That is the most ridiculous trade I have ever heard. Unless you are trading us your 2012 1st round pick, plus the 2012 first rounder from Chicago you trade a Sedin for, + Hodgson, you are not coming even close to Hart trophy winner territory.

You are not touching the hart trophy winner with those three weak players. BM even slams the phone on you.

How about this, Trade us Hodgson along with those two 2012 first rounders, + that certain goalie famous for letting in 7 goals, + pay for his room and board at his #7 suite at the OC retirement home, + provide the funds for half of Lunogo's salary in the last 4 years of his contract... then you can have Bobby Ryan. but you have to promise to play nice if you make it to the cup final again.

Like I said, The Van City Canucks are not ever going to get their hands on the Rocket Richard/Hart Trophy winner, Corey Perry. There isn't one player on the Canucks as valuable as Corey Perry. The Sedins are a pair.


Last edited by Seanconn*: 01-12-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 12:09 AM
  #59
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I dont think Fowler will ever be the guy who will play the dirty minutes against another team's top line, sort of like the way Neids was. Pronger always matched up the other teams top unit, we need a shutdown #1 guy to go with Fowler.
Agreed. I really hope we can get 2 1st round picks this year. (3 would be possible, but we risk picking too late)

Vis and Lydman are off contract soon enough, but I wouldn't mind trading Vis for a true shutdown DMAN. Especially if we can get a RH Dman.

really, if we can trade Vis for a new #2 Dman who plays more defensively, we could really draft BPP, and not let our D needs prevent us from drafting a better forward player, if one is available. (I'm thinking top 5 picks here)

But if we can get multiple picks, there's no way we can't make it out of the draft with a possible #1 defensemen.

With Vatanen poised to join the team we don't need anymore offensive on our backend, and won't have a real need to resign visnovsky, unless no one else wants to sign him at a higher price, which im sure they will.


Last edited by Seanconn*: 01-12-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:53 AM
  #60
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
Agreed. I really hope we can get 2 1st round picks this year. (3 would be possible, but we risk picking too late)

Vis and Lydman are off contract soon enough, but I wouldn't mind trading Vis for a true shutdown DMAN. Especially if we can get a RH Dman.

really, if we can trade Vis for a new #2 Dman who plays more defensively, we could really draft BPP, and not let our D needs prevent us from drafting a better forward player, if one is available. (I'm thinking top 5 picks here)

But if we can get multiple picks, there's no way we can't make it out of the draft with a possible #1 defensemen.

With Vatanen poised to join the team we don't need anymore offensive on our backend, and won't have a real need to resign visnovsky, unless no one else wants to sign him at a higher price, which im sure they will.
I'm not really sure how much value Visnovsky has right now. Aging defensemen that looks to have overachieved last year. I'd be happy if they could just dump his contract on some other team with little coming back.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:06 AM
  #61
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 19,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I'm not really sure how much value Visnovsky has right now. Aging defensemen that looks to have overachieved last year. I'd be happy if they could just dump his contract on some other team with little coming back.
Is this the same Lubo who has 8 points in 12 games since coming back at 100% fitness?

Lubo's value isn't going down overnight because of some poor play when he had two broken fingers, specially as he's playing some great hockey now that he's at 100%.

Rather keep Lubo and his 3m in salary next year, specially as he's good for at least 50 points on the backend

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
  #62
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 500
Should keep Vis around. After Lydman was dumped down to third pairing, Vis and Sbisa have had some good games together the recent week or so.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:53 AM
  #63
AreYouHockey
Registered User
 
AreYouHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Coming in peace.

****ing ******** thread. Wtf is this ****. Getzlaf for Lecavalier? Wow, you must be on crystal met.

AreYouHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
  #64
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,836
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I dont think Fowler will ever be the guy who will play the dirty minutes against another team's top line, sort of like the way Neids was. Pronger always matched up the other teams top unit, we need a shutdown #1 guy to go with Fowler.
That's actually the opposite of what happened. Niedermayer was on the ice with the Pahlsson line, which was Anaheim's shutdown unit. Pronger was getting time with the top six forwards.

Why do you think Niedermayer's +/- was never that impressive in Anaheim, while Pronger's was pretty good? The shutdown line wasn't scoring much at even strength, where the top six forwards were.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
  #65
Gliff
Kesbae
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohDog View Post
Coming in peace.

****ing ******** thread. Wtf is this ****. Getzlaf for Lecavalier? Wow, you must be on crystal met.
Welcome to Anaheim. Where the panic button is trending.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
  #66
MagnumForce
Registered User
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,572
vCash: 500
So what is Anaheim realistically looking to get in return for Getzlaf or Ryan should they be traded? Is one more on the trading block than the other....at least from a fan's perspective?

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
  #67
Gliff
Kesbae
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohDog View Post
Coming in peace.

****ing ******** thread. Wtf is this ****. Getzlaf for Lecavalier? Wow, you must be on crystal met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
So what is Anaheim realistically looking to get in return for Getzlaf or Ryan should they be traded? Is one more on the trading block than the other....at least from a fan's perspective?
If Getzlaf is traded, a #2 center +++ but a center MUST be included or it doesnt matter what the +s are.

If Bobby is traded, It can honestly be anything. It can be a mix of top 6 + top 4 +, it can be in a package for a #1 Dmen or for a legit #2 center. It really is a crapshoot.

That is my opinion.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
  #68
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,836
vCash: 50
Yeah. If Getzlaf is traded, Anaheim has a massive hole down the middle. So, if you're going to propose anything with him, take into consideration Anaheim's need at center. Anaheim can't afford to get future assets for him, because those assets would ended up being spent on replacing him, which kind of defeats the purpose of them.

Ryan is more expendable, and that is more about fair value, and filling depth and blue line issues.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
  #69
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 10,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
So what is Anaheim realistically looking to get in return for Getzlaf or Ryan should they be traded? Is one more on the trading block than the other....at least from a fan's perspective?
Some AHL scrubs and late round picks. Because we just want to get rid of career PPG all star center, last seasons MVP and proven 30+ goal scorer who sometimes finds him self on nhl.com highlights of the night/week/month/year.

NOT!

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM
  #70
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That's actually the opposite of what happened. Niedermayer was on the ice with the Pahlsson line, which was Anaheim's shutdown unit. Pronger was getting time with the top six forwards.

Why do you think Niedermayer's +/- was never that impressive in Anaheim, while Pronger's was pretty good? The shutdown line wasn't scoring much at even strength, where the top six forwards were.

Really? I remember it as the other way, where Pronger and OD played with the Pahlsson line, and Neids and Beauch played with Selanne.

Im probably wrong, just remembered it like that. Which is why I though Neids struggled so badly when Pronger left, because he had to take all the gritty minutes.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
  #71
MagnumForce
Registered User
 
MagnumForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,572
vCash: 500
I think the Sabres most tradable assets are in order:

1) Ryan Miller..might be fading this year...great resume
2) Brayden McNabb....our best young defenseman other than Myers
3) Derek Roy....Great stats over the last 5 years...change of scenery might do him good
4) Drew Stafford....31 goals last year....hasnt developed consistency
5) Joel Armia...2011 1st rounder...great potential
6) Luke Adam....started off hot, probably a 2nd line center, possible #1
7) Zack Kassian...potential big scoring power forward...could be similar to Bobby Ryan with more size...very young
8) Andraj Sekera....young, solid puckmoving 2 way defenseman
9) Marc Andre Gragnani....could be a future top 4, good offensive skills, prone to mistakes
10) Ville Leino....overpaid but good offensive winger...when he wants to be
11) Tyler Ennis....small speedy winger...had somewhat of a breakout year last year but has not followed up on it
12) Jason Pominville...Captain...doubt he would get moved...selected to the All Star game
13) Jodan Leopold....good stats....7 goals so far this year....over 30 though

I would say Vanek and Myers wouldnt get moved....but other than Pominville and possibly McNabb and Kassian....the other players would or could get moved in the right deal. I think both the Ducks and the Sabres are in need of a shakeup and have players which could benefit with a change of scenery

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  #72
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
I think the Ducks would be crazy to do a full rebuild. I understand your frustrations with the uninspired play this year, but Getzlaf and Perry are not guys you can just replace. Better to be patient, write off the season, get a lottery pick and start fresh next year, IMO.

However, something probably needs to be done. IMO, you need a top shut-down defenseman. Nashville has to deal with Suter and Weber, which will be tough.

How about something with Ryan and Suter as the centerpieces? Maybe even a straight up deal?

I think that, with a solidified D and some injected youth, Getz and Perry might look a lot more like they should next year.

By the way... Selanne is my favorite player (he was God in Winnipeg) and I would love to see him rejoin the Jets for the playoffs (if they can climb their way in). THe Ducks may as well try and get something for him because it would be sad if his career just ended with the type of season the Ducks are having.

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
  #73
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
I think the Ducks would be crazy to do a full rebuild. I understand your frustrations with the uninspired play this year, but Getzlaf and Perry are not guys you can just replace. Better to be patient, write off the season, get a lottery pick and start fresh next year, IMO.

However, something probably needs to be done. IMO, you need a top shut-down defenseman. Nashville has to deal with Suter and Weber, which will be tough.

How about something with Ryan and Suter as the centerpieces? Maybe even a straight up deal?

I think that, with a solidified D and some injected youth, Getz and Perry might look a lot more like they should next year.

By the way... Selanne is my favorite player (he was God in Winnipeg) and I would love to see him rejoin the Jets for the playoffs (if they can climb their way in). THe Ducks may as well try and get something for him because it would be sad if his career just ended with the type of season the Ducks are having.
If I thought we had any chance to retain Suter on a salary friendly contract I would do it. But since I doubt we could keep Suter if Nashville couldn't, it's kind of pointless.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  #74
OrrwastheBeatles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
If I thought we had any chance to retain Suter on a salary friendly contract I would do it. But since I doubt we could keep Suter if Nashville couldn't, it's kind of pointless.
Really? No chance? I can imagine that team finances wouldn't be extrordinarily healthy these days, but are they that bad?

I would think that Anaheim, especially with players like Getz and Perry there, would be a pretty attractive place for a player to sign.

But yeah, I agree that it is a huge risk that skews the trade, which is too bad because I think it would help both teams

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  #75
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
If Getzlaf is traded, a #2 center +++ but a center MUST be included or it doesnt matter what the +s are.
If Bobby is traded, It can honestly be anything. It can be a mix of top 6 + top 4 +, it can be in a package for a #1 Dmen or for a legit #2 center. It really is a crapshoot.

That is my opinion.
so grabovski signed to a extension , 1st + schenn,2nd + colborne,3rd+ bozak or a 1st round pick. There you go.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.