Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
I think the Sabres most tradable assets are in order:

1) Ryan Miller..might be fading this year...great resume
2) Brayden McNabb....our best young defenseman other than Myers
3) Derek Roy....Great stats over the last 5 years...change of scenery might do him good
4) Drew Stafford....31 goals last year....hasnt developed consistency
5) Joel Armia...2011 1st rounder...great potential
6) Luke Adam....started off hot, probably a 2nd line center, possible #1
7) Zack Kassian...potential big scoring power forward...could be similar to Bobby Ryan with more size...very young
8) Andraj Sekera....young, solid puckmoving 2 way defenseman
9) Marc Andre Gragnani....could be a future top 4, good offensive skills, prone to mistakes
10) Ville Leino....overpaid but good offensive winger...when he wants to be
11) Tyler Ennis....small speedy winger...had somewhat of a breakout year last year but has not followed up on it
12) Jason Pominville...Captain...doubt he would get moved...selected to the All Star game
13) Jodan Leopold....good stats....7 goals so far this year....over 30 though

I would say Vanek and Myers wouldnt get moved....but other than Pominville and possibly McNabb and Kassian....the other players would or could get moved in the right deal. I think both the Ducks and the Sabres are in need of a shakeup and have players which could benefit with a change of scenery
Bolded out parts that just doesn`t fit our needs. Don`t take it offensively, but i just can`t see a big deal happening with Sabres. Well, i hope it wont happen no matter the team, atleast if other team is overpaying.
But if you want assets like one of RPG, you gotta give helluva lot. Just look at RPG age and their stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
I think the Ducks would be crazy to do a full rebuild. I understand your frustrations with the uninspired play this year, but Getzlaf and Perry are not guys you can just replace. Better to be patient, write off the season, get a lottery pick and start fresh next year, IMO.
You see, that`s what Ducks fans are saying. Hell, even our GM said that DUCKS ARE NOT REBUILDING. Yeah, he said that only Teemu and Saku are untouchable, but that doesn`t mean we will trade RPG right away. Not to mention for scrubs. Just some other teams fans are made this situation like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
so grabovski signed to a extension , 1st + schenn,2nd + colborne,3rd+ bozak or a 1st round pick. There you go.
just...

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
so grabovski signed to a extension , 1st + schenn,2nd + colborne,3rd+ bozak or a 1st round pick. There you go.
Seriously bro.....just stop.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Could you please stick with trolling the trade boards? Thanks.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:21 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
I gave him exactly what he asked for and now its no good. Unbelievable

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Paul4587

I'd be willing to make a bet that Getzlaf isn't traded to Toronto in the 2012 calender year. It's not going to happen. Other teams can and will offer more if (and that's a huge if) he's even traded (which I doubt he will be).

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
MagnumForce

I just wanted to get the actual Anaheim perspective of the teams situation. From a Buffalo standpoint....Roy and Stafford are the 2 players most fans want moved from the Sabres...but we'll see what happens.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Seriously bro.....just stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Bolded out parts that just doesn`t fit our needs. Don`t take it offensively, but i just can`t see a big deal happening with Sabres. Well, i hope it wont happen no matter the team, atleast if other team is overpaying.
But if you want assets like one of RPG, you gotta give helluva lot. Just look at RPG age and their stats.

You see, that`s what Ducks fans are saying. Hell, even our GM said that DUCKS ARE NOT REBUILDING. Yeah, he said that only Teemu and Saku are untouchable, but that doesn`t mean we will trade RPG right away. Not to mention for scrubs. Just some other teams fans are made this situation like this.

just...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
STOP QUOTING HIM

I have him on block and you guys are killing the best feature in the world

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 06:32 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I swear this is Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd all over again.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
I gave him exactly what he asked for and now its no good. Unbelievable
You offered 7 assets. Where has there been a 7 for 1 trade lol?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
You offered 7 assets. Where has there been a 7 for 1 trade lol?
To Philadelphia - Eric Lindros
To Quebec - Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, 1st '93 (Jocelyn Thibault), 1st '94, $15,000,000 cash.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Markus078

No need to switch ot panic mode. The Ducks have Holland, Etem. DSP, Palmeri, McMillan, Marcenauer, Rakell and Bonino on offense and Schultz, Vatanen and Clark on D who will contribute for spots next season.
This will be an interessting camp. To me we are on the end of a rebuilding process that startet with the Pronger trade and the luck of getting Cam. We did not have to go through the painful period of multiple seasons like the current one. I give Bob, no matter how other think about, credit for doing this. He ensured the future.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Peter Griffin

If Selanne and Koivu aren't back next season, is there a chance that the Ducks give guys like Peter Holland and Kyle Palmieri long looks in the 2nd line spot, or is it more likely the team tries to fill those roles through UFA/trade? Maybe find a solid vet through UFA or trade to anchor the 2nd line? Also, is there a chance that both Vatanen and Schultz could crack the roster next season? If so, that has the potential for a A LOT of offense from the back-end with those two and Fowler/Visnovsky.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

First and foremost I know this means little coming from a Canucks fan, but...

I don't think it would be wise to trade any of the big three. The assets the Ducks need to keep are Perry, Getz, Ryan, and Fowler.

Outside of that Koivu and Selanne stay unless they request otherwise, everyone else is fair game.

Guys like:

Visnovsky
Cogliano
Beauchemin
Hiller

Could all fetch reasonable rebuild assets, and moving them should be explored.

Thought being the big three are all young enough that they could survive a short rebuild and turn it into a cup run. If you vets are those guys and your young guns only have to back them up you're on the right track.

Size and skill will win out. Skill - as shown by the Canucks, can get you far. Size, as shown by the Bruins can get you as far, and probably farther.

Those three can not be let go.

Sorry if I overstepped my bounds by posting this. Just thought another perspective might be fun.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:25 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
No need to to apologize for being absolutely right.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjerrisgaard View Post
First and foremost I know this means little coming from a Canucks fan, but...

I don't think it would be wise to trade any of the big three. The assets the Ducks need to keep are Perry, Getz, Ryan, and Fowler.

Outside of that Koivu and Selanne stay unless they request otherwise, everyone else is fair game.

Guys like:

Visnovsky
Cogliano
Beauchemin
Hiller

Could all fetch reasonable rebuild assets, and moving them should be explored.

Thought being the big three are all young enough that they could survive a short rebuild and turn it into a cup run. If you vets are those guys and your young guns only have to back them up you're on the right track.

Size and skill will win out. Skill - as shown by the Canucks, can get you far. Size, as shown by the Bruins can get you as far, and probably farther.

Those three can not be let go.

Sorry if I overstepped my bounds by posting this. Just thought another perspective might be fun.
Beauch has been playing lights out lately. I think it would be a huge mistake again. We need big, physical D-men capable of delivering big hits. BM let him go once, and spent BIG assets to get him back, he'd be an idiot to do the same again.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Selanne138

I know everyone here wants Beauch resigned, but I feel like Murray is going to shop him as a UFA.

Definitely dont think he should but I feel like he will definitely test the waters.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:18 AM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Beauch has been playing lights out lately. I think it would be a huge mistake again. We need big, physical D-men capable of delivering big hits. BM let him go once, and spent BIG assets to get him back, he'd be an idiot to do the same again.
Valid - I wasn't aware how well he was playing.

I knew it was good enough to get a high return, but not to the point he wasn't moveable (barring a REALY good return).

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote