HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Esa 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
No way do I give up my 1st for a 50 point guy who's also a FA at the end of the year and unlikely that we resign him.

I'd go after Whitney and Prospal. Two guys who won't cost much and are skilled and playoff proven as well.
I don't think I'd be happy giving up a 1st for Ruuttu either. Problem is, who's available at a reasonable price? Contrary to many, I believe Selanne, Doan, even Whitney would fetch a 1st if available. It's not a question of theoretical value in a vacuum, but supply and demand. I hope I'm wrong. Right now, only Columbus, Edmonton, Anaheim, NYI, Carolina look like sellers. Maybe Montreal and Tampa by the deadline.

Columbus - Brassard, Vermette, Umberger are of no interest due to multiple years remaining on expensive contracts. Huselius has been hurt all year and screams Wolski v.2 even if he gets healthy. Pahlsson brings no offense. So this leaves only Prospal.

Anaheim - Selanne (NMC), Koivu (NMC), Hagman, Jason Blake.

Edmonton - Hemsky (questionable health, poor production this year, soft perimeter style), Ryan Smyth (NMC).

NYI - don't see a trade with them. Nielsen, Parenteau (not gonna happen), Rolston (past expiration date).

Carolina - Ruutu, Ponikarovsky.

Montreal - Kostitsyn, Moen (not a scorer, more of what we have).

Tampa - Moore, Shannon, Hall. More grinders that wouldn't improve Rangers' offense.

Not many scoring/creative forwards available with expiring contracts.

Old
01-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Esa 10

I checked out if any of the above mentioned teams have a D that can be used as a shooter on the PP. An expiring contract is a must. Not many options that stand out.

Campoli in Montreal stinks. Beauchemin of Anaheim has a good shot, but his ES play hasn't been up to par this year. The Ducks would also ask for a lot back considering they're trying to re-sign him and who they traded for him. There's Barker in Edmonton, but he's injured. He's also an RFA, so the Oil don't have to move him if he's in their plans. Carolina has Spacek. I don't remember if he's a shooter or passer. The fact that Montreal traded him for Kaberle doesn't inspire confidence in his overall play. There are Kubina, Brett Clark, and Gilroy in Tampa. Gilroy obviously doesn't qualify and I don't think Clark has a great shot from the point either. Which leaves Kubina. He used to score quiet a bit, but his goals have dried up in recent years. Can he bring it from the point and play passable defense at ES these days? I've seen very little of Tampa this year.

Old
01-10-2012, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Thus, with the trade deadline set for Feb. 27, Bickel likely will remain a staple in the lineup unless the Rangers obtain a more experienced right defenseman for the playoff push.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1j3dFB4Cy

The righty rentals and their remaining cap hits on 2/27

Pavel Kubina($832,432)
Corey Sarich($778,378)
Adrian Aucoin($432,432)

That's it

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.p...D&fa_type_id=2

Old
01-10-2012, 06:47 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Thanks, but i'll keep Bickel.

Big, mean, and simple/smart.

Old
01-10-2012, 07:03 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kyle Brodziak would be the ideal player for the Rangers. Group 3.

He can play in many situations. Righty center.

The Wild need offense. Wolski. Maybe WW re-signs there for a deal less than his current salary.

$2.7M difference in salaries.

Frees up $2.65M in cap space.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter915 View Post
considering the relationship torts and aves had...how can anyone here realistically think that slats would bring over someone like ruutu? it's just not happening.
totally different players.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:33 AM
MSG the place to be*

I've heard LAK will be active. They had high expectations before the season and have struggled to score.

They are up against the cap so not sure they would want Wolski. Who else can we rip them off with? Gaborik for D. Brown, Penner, and a 1st?

Old
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
NYRfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
I've heard LAK will be active. They had high expectations before the season and have struggled to score.

They are up against the cap so not sure they would want Wolski. Who else can we rip them off with? Gaborik for D. Brown, Penner, and a 1st?
Why trade Gaborik?
He is on pace for like 50 goals.
I'd be all for a Wolski for Penner swap though, because you know if Penner is lazy Tortorella will destroy him...

Old
01-10-2012, 11:13 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:

wait? you consider trading our best player for a guy that just hurt himself eating a stack of pancakes 'ripping them off'??

Old
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Hensch

Quote:

Trading Gaborik

Can we trade you to the Kings forum

Old
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
wait? you consider trading our best player for a guy that just hurt himself eating a stack of pancakes 'ripping them off'??
in a world...where players are included in trades for cap purposes...

Old
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Why trade Gaborik?
He is on pace for like 50 goals.
I'd be all for a Wolski for Penner swap though, because you know if Penner is lazy Tortorella will destroy him...
Id only take Dustin Penner if Kyle Clifford comes with him.. Prust will be an UFA for his first time, let's hope Sather resigns him before he reaches UFA status

Old
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kyle Brodziak would be the ideal player for the Rangers. Group 3.

He can play in many situations. Righty center.

The Wild need offense. Wolski. Maybe WW re-signs there for a deal less than his current salary.

$2.7M difference in salaries.

Frees up $2.65M in cap space.
I would do that deal in two seconds, I don't think the Wild would, though. He's on pace for 21 goals this season, so if they are struggling to score, don't see why they would move him.

He'd look great on a third line with Feds/Dubinsky and Hagelin. May be make a move for Doan as well, if available.

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Doan - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Brodziak - Hagelin
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

That's a deep team.

Old
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Pizza

Quote:

It's....

Just...

A....

Message....

Board....

Old
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I would do that deal in two seconds, I don't think the Wild would, though. He's on pace for 21 goals this season, so if they are struggling to score, don't see why they would move him.

He'd look great on a third line with Feds/Dubinsky and Hagelin. May be make a move for Doan as well, if available.

Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Doan - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Brodziak - Hagelin
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

That's a deep team.
I think the Rangers will only add one forward at the deadline. I'm hoping it's Doan. If you look at the last 3-4 stanley cup champions they really didnt make more than 1 or 2 moves on deadline day. The Bruins did move a few pieces throughout the year last season but they also weren't sitting atop the NHL standings.

Old
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Ducks GM Bob Murray is going East on a scouting trip. Anyone want to estimate number of rumors that will fly after he shows up somewhere?
https://twitter.com/#!/helenenothele...35814779789314

Quote:
was told nothing is going on trade-wise for Ducks. but Murray's appearance will start (or intensify) lots of rumors, no doubt..
https://twitter.com/#!/helenenothele...36213670690817

Old
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

The only player the Rangers can afford from the Ducks would be Selanne

Old
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Teemu doesn't want to leave southern California. NMC.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
The only player the Rangers can afford from the Ducks would be Selanne
He is listed as untouchable due to his NTC.

01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He is listed as untouchable due to his NTC.
Oh yeah I knew that. But I was just saying if he were available he'd be the only one we could afford to give up assets for.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Oh yeah I knew that. But I was just saying if he were available he'd be the only one we could afford to give up assets for.
Getzlaf is a centre, and we have no need for what would essentially be 3 top line centers with Stepan's emergence.

Perry is a UFA after next season, and not only would command a ton in a deal, but would command a likely close to 8 mil cap hit.

The only one that makes sense is Ryan. And it would be hard to imagine the 1st place Rangers would be the top bidder for him.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Selanne doesn't want to play for another team. If he doesn't want to play for another team,they can't force him to waive his NMC. Mats Sundin refused to waive his restriction clause 4 years ago. The fans and media couldn't understand his decision. They begged Mats to accept a trade. TSN reported the Leafs were playing volleyball at the beach in Florida on trade deadline day in 2008. They were playing the Panthers that week.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Selanne doesn't want to play for another team. If he doesn't want to play for another team,they can't force him to waive his NMC. Mats Sundin refused to waive his restriction clause 4 years ago. The fans and media couldn't understand his decision. They begged Mats to accept a trade. TSN reported the Leafs were playing volleyball at the beach in Florida on trade deadline day in 2008. They were playing the Panthers that week.
Well you can't judge a player's motives based on another's.

Every person is different.

That being said it seems like Selanne prefers to play on the west coast (SJ, Col, Ana), although if this is actually his final season who knows if he's willing to change his mind to play on the east coast for a legitimately deep contender for 3-4 months.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it seems like a lot of athletes relish the opportunity to play in NYC, no matter their preference of coast, so I wouldn't necessarily rule it out 100%.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:

Good for Mats, there is no reason why, when you negotiate a no trade clause into a contract, that you should have to waive it whenever asked.

We lucked out with Kotalik, as he would still be here eating 3 mila year if we hadn't basically run him out of town.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Doan is a stretch.

Whitney is a stretch.

Selanne is a stretch.

Ruutu is not a stretch but he is not what this team needs.

Ryan is a super stretch.

A few years ago when we were struggling to even get into the playoffs we traded a 2nd for Nik Antropov. I look for Sather to follow up with a similar deal this season for someone, although I do not know who that is.

Any of the first 3 would be great. The 1st one is highly unlikely. The 2nd is likelier but still rather unlikely with the Coyotes still in the playoff hunt. The 3rd is unlikely unless Selanne opens up the possibility of a move and narrows it down to like 2 or 3 teams with us on that list. The fourth is more or less what we already have and I do not think Sather will target him. The 5th will just cost too much.

Closed Thread