HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
I don't know Jason Blake's injury status but he would likely come cheap.

Now whether or not he would be an upgrade over Wolski is a question. He doesn't have the wheels he once had.

01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We simply cant afford Ryan. Murray is going to want the sky for him, Getzlaf, and/or Perry. It wouldnt be worth it.

Old
01-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

Now whether or not he would be an upgrade over Wolski is a question. He doesn't have the wheels he once had.
Meh I feel that Blake is lateral at best. Wolski is much younger.

Old
01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

id deal Erik Christensen for him and that is all and since there is a cap doubt that gets done...

Old
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Jason Blake? Is that a joke? .........

Old
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I despise jason blake...no interest in him. He doesnt offer much more than what we already got.

Old
01-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Ok here's my crackpot idea of the week

Anisimov, Boyle, Eminger for Jared Cowen and Nick Foligno

Then Bourque and 2nd for Ruutu

Ruutu Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Hagelin Foligno Fedotenko
Rupp Mitchell Prust

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Cowen
Del Zotto Sauer/Bickel
Bickel

Lundqvist
Biron

Old
01-11-2012, 01:58 AM
JT Kreider

Pick/Prospect for Travis Moen. Do it, Slats.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:00 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Pick/Prospect for Travis Moen. Do it, Slats.
Dont need Moen

Old
01-11-2012, 02:07 AM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Dont need Moen
This, I don't see where Moen fits on this team. He's John Mitchell but can drop the gloves.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:10 AM
JT Kreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
This, I don't see where Moen fits on this team. He's John Mitchell but can drop the gloves.
And also scored 7 goals/12 points en route to playing a pivotal shutdown role for the Anaheim Ducks during their run to a STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP.

No big deal, though.

His playoff experience would be great for a team that quite frankly, doesn't have much.

And he could be had for cheap, considering his impending UFA status and the tank-job is in full gear in MTL.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:20 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
And also scored 7 goals/12 points en route to playing a pivotal shutdown role for the Anaheim Ducks during their run to a STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP.

No big deal, though.

His playoff experience would be great for a team that quite frankly, doesn't have much.

And he could be had for cheap, considering his impending UFA status and the tank-job is in full gear in MTL.
Wait..when did the ducks win that cup? Oh yeah thats right...

Old
01-11-2012, 02:28 AM
JT Kreider

Quote:
Wait..when did the ducks win that cup? Oh yeah thats right...
And I'm sure Boston fans were saying the same thing about old man Recchi and his ring from Carolina. And Penguins fans about Fedotenko and his Cup ring from 4/5 seasons prior from his Tampa days.

And by your logic your automatically discrediting Brad Richards playoff experience that includes a Conn Smythe Trophy.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
And I'm sure Boston fans were saying the same thing about old man Recchi and his ring from Carolina. And Penguins fans about Fedotenko and his Cup ring from 4/5 seasons prior from his Tampa days.

And by your logic your automatically discrediting Brad Richards playoff experience that includes a Conn Smythe Trophy.
Sorry i shouldve been more clear. Moen is a 3rd-4th line player, more of a 4th line player. He's not a recchi, richards, or even fedotenko. He is not an important piece we have players just like him. No reason to move parts for a guy we do not need. What he did years ago is irrelevent right now considering the game he plays

Old
01-11-2012, 02:54 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
3rd + Bourque for Moen.

1st + something for Whitney. Or a 2nd for Prospal.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Prospal/Whitney-Richards-Callahan
Dubinsky-Boyle-Hagelin
Prust/Rupp-Fedotenko-Moen

Deep lineup. Just spitballing.

01-11-2012, 03:11 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
3rd + Bourque for Moen.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Boyle-Hagelin

So now we have prust or rupp sitting for Moen. Those two have been key pieces to the success of this team. Opposing players dont even want to fight Rupp; Florida did nothing when he sacked Kopecky. His big body has been very effective. Prust has been sound all around, he can skate pretty well, throws the body all the time, and he fights anyone. He's been a staple in the lineup.

WE DONT NEED MOEN.

I despise mike milbury but i agreed with him tonight on the nbc sports network postgame. He was asked what boston or new york
would need at the deadline. He said boston probably wont make a move but really additional scoring would be welcomed. He thinks the rangers make a move for another goal scorer. Moen isnt a goal
scorer

Old
01-11-2012, 05:35 AM
NYRangers16

The game last night showed Whitney's game off very well. Not particularly good or fast, but he's shifty with a good quick shot. Could add some scoring depth at the deadline.

MZA + a 2nd?

Old
01-11-2012, 06:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Goal scorer? Get in line with the other 20-22 teams competing for 16 playoff spots. There are plenty of those going around. NBC is getting their moneys worth with Milbury. CBC is in a world of trouble since NBC took Milbury off their hands on an exclusive basis. You can only get such hard hitting analysis on the NBC Sports Network.

I love reading this stuff. The Hawks are in the market for a top center,top 4 D and another goal scorer. Is that all? Those needs are so easy to fill.

Is that goal scorer going to score in the playoffs when the games become tighter?

The Rangers should not trade a 1st round pick or top prospect or a young roster player for a rental.

Old
01-11-2012, 07:11 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Goal scorer? Get in line with the other 20-22 teams competing for 16 playoff spots. There are plenty of those going around. NBC is getting their moneys worth with Milbury. CBC is in a world of trouble since NBC took Milbury off their hands on an exclusive basis. You can only get such hard hitting analysis on the NBC Sports Network.

I love reading this stuff. The Hawks are in the market for a top center,top 4 D and another goal scorer. Is that all? Those needs are so easy to fill.

Is that goal scorer going to score in the playoffs when the games become tighter?

The Rangers should not trade a 1st round pick or top prospect or a young roster player for a rental.
Agreed.
How about:
  • Prospal & Påhlsson for 2012 2nd, Christensen, Yogan + Valentenko + ?
  • Sarich for MZA + Eminger
  • Brodziak for WW + Woywitka ... or Penner for WW + Bickel?

And - If this is the price that gets it done I might also see us doing:
Bobby Ryan for Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas, 2012 1st

But I am not sure here at all...
I do not think we will make 4 trades judging by the way things are going - but these deals would definitely strengthen the team
Without gutting the farm or prospect pool. We most likely will be drafting quite late this year as well...

OUR NEEDS ARE
More Scoring Points = Prospal
Size up front = Penner/Brodziak
Faceoffs = Påhlsson
RH Veteran on D with size = Sarich
Fantasy Forward (ie probably not gonna happen) = Ryan

Moen (= size/experience), Ruutu (= goals/grit) or Hal Gil (gritty experienced D) are also possible viable options to add if these deals above do not go through...
All the above names (except Bobby Ryan) are UFAs after this year too. Ideal candidates iow.

What is important is that we add some siginficant & necessary depth without decimating our core or prospect pool too much (some chips will doubtlessly be traded).
This I think this will not disrupt the chemistry (i e adding 3-4 established new pieces) in the locker room. Vinny P is basically coming back at the same time as last year (after his knee problems) and knows the team, the coach & the system. Dustin Penner (or Brodziak) would have a 3rd line role without pressure - methinks a perfect fit with Torts chasing him with a blowtorch. Påhlsson is a very good FO guy/defensive player with a ring - which we need. Sarich is a good guy I hear. Adding Bobby Ryan might do that (raise some eyebrows in the locker room as Dubinsky & Sauer would most likely be used then possibly disrupting the core) though...
Instead of disrupting chemistry these "minor upgrades" shows a commitment from the management that the team means business and wants to get the pieces in able to win it all. NOW. That I see as a motivator!
And doing these above deals all will fit under the cap
Believe it or not...
Leaves us with (barring injuries):

2012 NYR SC PLAYOFF RUN
Prospal - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky (Ryan) - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin (Penner) - AA - Hagelin (Brodziak)
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust
Påhlsson

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer (Sarich)
MDZ - Sarich (Strålman)
Strålman (Bickel)

NEXT YEAR
AA - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Miller/Boyle - Hagelin (Brodziak/Fasth...)
Rupp - Boyle/Miller - Prust
Spares

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer (Erixon)
MDZ - Strålman/Parlett/McIllraith??? (Bickel)

Last edited by BBKers: 01-11-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old
01-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
3rd + Bourque for Moen.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Boyle-Hagelin

1st + something for Whitney?!

Jesus. That's steep.

Old
01-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Agreed.
How about:
  • Prospal & Påhlsson for 2012 2nd, Christensen, Yogan + Valentenko + ?
  • Sarich for MZA + Eminger
  • Brodziak for WW + Woywitka ... or Penner for WW + Bickel?

And - If this is the price that gets it done I might also see us doing:
Bobby Ryan for Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas, 2012 1st

But I am not sure here at all...
I do not think we will make 4 trades judging by the way things are going - but these deals would definitely strengthen the team
Without gutting the farm or prospect pool. We most likely will be drafting quite late this year as well...

OUR NEEDS ARE
More Scoring Points = Prospal
Size up front = Penner/Brodziak
Faceoffs = Påhlsson
RH Veteran on D with size = Sarich
Fantasy Forward (ie probably not gonna happen) = Ryan

Moen (= size/experience), Ruutu (= goals/grit) or Hal Gil (gritty experienced D) are also possible viable options to add if these deals above do not go through...
All the above names (except Bobby Ryan) are UFAs after this year too. Ideal candidates iow.

What is important is that we add some siginficant & necessary depth without decimating our core or prospect pool too much (some chips will doubtlessly be traded).
This I think this will not disrupt the chemistry (i e adding 3-4 established new pieces) in the locker room. Vinny P is basically coming back at the same time as last year (after his knee problems) and knows the team, the coach & the system. Dustin Penner (or Brodziak) would have a 3rd line role without pressure - methinks a perfect fit with Torts chasing him with a blowtorch. Påhlsson is a very good FO guy/defensive player with a ring - which we need. Sarich is a good guy I hear. Adding Bobby Ryan might do that (raise some eyebrows in the locker room as Dubinsky & Sauer would most likely be used then possibly disrupting the core) though...
Instead of disrupting chemistry these "minor upgrades" shows a commitment from the management that the team means business and wants to get the pieces in able to win it all. NOW. That I see as a motivator!
And doing these above deals all will fit under the cap
Believe it or not...
Leaves us with (barring injuries):

2012 NYR SC PLAYOFF RUN
Prospal - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin (Penner) - AA - Hagelin (Brodziak)
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust
Påhlsson

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer (Sarich)
MDZ - Sarich (Strålman)
Strålman (Bickel)

NEXT YEAR
AA - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Miller/Boyle - Hagelin (Brodziak/Fasth...)
Rupp - Boyle/Miller - Prust
Spares

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer (Erixon)
MDZ - Strålman/Parlett/McIllraith??? (Bickel)
Don't need Sarich. Stralman as a member of our 3rd pairing is more than fine - actually ideal.

Rather not trade for Prospal. He's too slow for the pace of our team. Our team has the ability to turn up the intensity and speed of a game. He's more methodical and slower than anyone else. Can't afford that on our 2nd line, certainly not our 3rd because it's our checking line.

Brodziak would be a decent fit as our 3rd line center but I doubt they go for WW and a scrub filler. That being said who sits in his place? Certainly not Rupp. He's an enforcer + big time gamer. Boyle moves to wing. Prust is improving although still not at last year's level. Mitchell is proving to be very valuable. Hagelin's speed is a rare commodity. Fedetenko is a grizzly veteran presence. Dubinsky isn't going down now.

So I don't think we get another 3rd/4th liner. We have enough call ups that can step in and play from Hartford.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

WW should accept the 14 day conditioning stint. Brooks wrote WW might ask Slats to waive him if asked to go to the AHL. Other teams might send scouts to look at Wolski. Torts isn't changing the lineup unless there's an injury. Wolski isn't getting the $4M QO but he needs to play if he wants a good contract for next season.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
DM23BK30

Quote:
So now we have prust or rupp sitting for Moen. Those two have been key pieces to the success of this team. Opposing players dont even want to fight Rupp; Florida did nothing when he sacked Kopecky. His big body has been very effective. Prust has been sound all around, he can skate pretty well, throws the body all the time, and he fights anyone. He's been a staple in the lineup.

WE DONT NEED MOEN.

I despise mike milbury but i agreed with him tonight on the nbc sports network postgame. He was asked what boston or new york
would need at the deadline. He said boston probably wont make a move but really additional scoring would be welcomed. He thinks the rangers make a move for another goal scorer. Moen isnt a goal
scorer

And if Prust or Boyle gets hurt, who fills in that role?

Wolski?

EC?

Moen would be an excellent addition to this team. He played great in his role when the Habs went to the CF two years ago.

And are you seriously quoting Mike Milbury?

Mike?

Milbury?

He's the last guy on the world anybody would turn to to evaluate talent and team needs.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
And if Prust or Boyle gets hurt, who fills in that role?

Wolski?

EC?

Moen would be an excellent addition to this team. He played great in his role when the Habs went to the CF two years ago.

And are you seriously quoting Mike Milbury?

Mike?

Milbury?

He's the last guy on the world anybody would turn to to evaluate talent and team needs.
Mike Milbury is an idiot, but hes right with this one. We could use another offensive threat, particularly on left wing.

Are you seriously advocating a trade as insurance if one of our 4th line guys go down? Not worth the time and resources to complete it. Priorities.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Milbury's "ideas" are taken from the standard list of responses to that question. Every team going into the playoffs could use more goal scoring.

Ruutu really makes by far the most sense as a scoring option. Fits the team identity perfectly, has some playoff experience, and shouldn't be too hard to absorb financially. Captain Alberta wouldn't be a bad option if he wasn't overpaid so badly. Could really use a net-front presence and he's having a good year.

I don't see the Yotes giving up on their season and dealing Doan or Whitney. Looking down the free agent list I saw Brad Boyes' name pop up. What the hell happened to that guy?

Closed Thread