HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 4.0 - ***"Christian Thomas is the new Sauer+2nd" Edition***

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Leetch3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The Ruutu trade might be more likely now with the rejection of the new conference alignment. Possibly when the 4 conferences were going to happen the Canes may have been hesitant to deal Ruutu to the Rangers, now those hesitations can somewhat disappears.
Ruutu is a ufa at the end of the year so I'm not sure that next years rellignment factors into it. They can't control where he plays next year

Old
01-07-2012, 10:31 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Ruutu is a ufa at the end of the year so I'm not sure that next years rellignment factors into it. They can't control where he plays next year
Very true, but it could be seen that he could likely sign where he lands at the deadline.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:11 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Whitney will only be available if the Coyotes throw in the towel on the season. Not likely. Doan will only be available if the Coyotes throw in the towel on the season AND the NHL throws in the towel on the franchise. God, I hope not!

Old
01-08-2012, 06:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
If anybody wants to add a Ryan or a Getzlaf, the asking price is huge. This isn’t a garage sale by any means.

A league executive told QMI Agency the Ducks want two high-end prospects and two No. 1 picks in return. For example, the Leafs would likely have to part with C Joe Colborne and C Nazem Kadri, along with the draft picks, to pick up one of the Ducks’ stars.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/01/07/garrioch-rink-wrap

Pierre LeBrun wrote Anaheim wants a 1 or 2 young core players as part of the deal.

Quote:
Teams like the Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks would undoubtedly be in the hunt for Carolina’s unrestricted winger Tuomo Ruutu as a rental.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...984/story.html

Old
01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Ugh.

We need to get Ruutu. Him going to Pittsburgh would suck.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

That's all? I'd give Kreider, Erixon/Mcilrath and two 1sts for Getz/Perry without hesitation. Just need to find a way to fit it under the cap..

Old
01-08-2012, 09:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Dave Maloney addressed the Rangers' for another scoring winger on Hockey Night Live last night. He feels the Rangers are not likely to be making the type of move some people are willing to make on this site. His reasoning is that the Rangers have been built in certain manner, and that there's no guarantee that such a move would work as many assume it would. They are not going to trade important parts or assets to make that kind of move this year.

Also, on the panel during last night's HNIC game between the Leafs and Wings, when the topic of the Ducks came up, all agreed that Perry was untouchable, and while the possibility of Getzlaf being dealt was that it would going to take a lot in a package to get him, and that even Ryan will be very costly.

Last edited by jas: 01-08-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Dave Maloney addressed the Rangers' for another scoring winger on Hockey Night Live last night. He feels the Rangers are likely to be making the type of move some people are willing to make on this site. His reasoning is that the Rangers have been built in certain manner, and that there's no guarantee that such a move would work as many assume it would. They are not going to trade important parts or assets to make that kind of move this year.
Meaning, a move for someone like Ruutu, not for someone like Ryan.

Old
01-08-2012, 09:42 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Dave Maloney addressed the Rangers' for another scoring winger on Hockey Night Live last night. He feels the Rangers are not likely to be making the type of move some people are willing to make on this site. His reasoning is that the Rangers have been built in certain manner, and that there's no guarantee that such a move would work as many assume it would. They are not going to trade important parts or assets to make that kind of move this year.

I watched HNL too. To add on to that, sounded like he was also saying if they do try to acquire that scoring forward it would have to be someone that fits the system.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Should make this type of move sooner, rather than waiting for the deadline bidding wars to begin for numerous reasons imo. Hopefully the Canes GM is receptive to those who give him a call early...if indeed a Ruutu is on the radar.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
That's all? I'd give Kreider, Erixon/Mcilrath and two 1sts for Getz/Perry without hesitation. Just need to find a way to fit it under the cap..
Seriously? Kreider is gonna be an absolute stud, McIlrath is something this organization has been missing for years, and for two first rounders think Del Zotto, and Miller. That is ridiculous to give up for anyone that isn't a sure fire 100 point player.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Rranger

Glad

Quote:

your not running the show. Kreider is capable of being a Getzlaf, Perry impact type of player. Its a lot to give up, plus when your done making cap room who would they play with.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
What do you mean that's it?

Our top prospect in Kreider, plus another top defenseman prospect, AND two 1sts? That's a lot, especially for Ryan. I doubt that even gets it done for Getzlaf, though. I can't see them not wanting a ready young core guy like a Stepan, McDonagh, etc.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:37 PM
bernmeister

Open question for the floor (2 parter):

1 IF IF IF IF IF IF Pittsburgh, given Letang concussion for the moment, Crosby may be shut down for balance of year, etc. and Pens were to just not win enough for the next several weeks; --- and with salary cap issues (big cap # for Crosby, Malkin + Fleury) --- does anyone think a productive Malkin --- while coming back from what we thought was serious knee issues last year --- could even possibly be on the trade block?

I think 80% no, 20% yes, but it would probably have to be Black Hawks best able to offer MAXIMUM overpayment for him. While I think even though there is the division rivalry factor, they might otherwise consider it if we made the best offer, with enough profitable return for them. Don't think they'd send him to us, now though.

2 But if THAT happened (w/CBH sending maybe 4 good prospects + 2 picks for Malkin) would that mean somebody like Patrick Sharp might be available (because of cap) and if so, at what price???
I think they will try other options and keep Sharp, but somebody would likely have to go for cap.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Open question for the floor (2 parter):

1 IF IF IF IF IF IF Pittsburgh, given Letang concussion for the moment, Crosby may be shut down for balance of year, etc. and Pens were to just not win enough for the next several weeks; --- and with salary cap issues (big cap # for Crosby, Malkin + Fleury) --- does anyone think a productive Malkin --- while coming back from what we thought was serious knee issues last year --- could even possibly be on the trade block?

I think 80% no, 20% yes, but it would probably have to be Black Hawks best able to offer MAXIMUM overpayment for him. While I think even though there is the division rivalry factor, they might otherwise consider it if we made the best offer, with enough profitable return for them. Don't think they'd send him to us, now though.

2 But if THAT happened (w/CBH sending maybe 4 good prospects + 2 picks for Malkin) would that mean somebody like Patrick Sharp might be available (because of cap) and if so, at what price???
I think they will try other options and keep Sharp, but somebody would likely have to go for cap.
What on Earth are you talking about? There is no way in hell Malkin is going anywhere. The injuries just make that more certain. Malkin is that franchise now more than ever. They'd be nuts to even entertain the thought of dealing him.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rranger View Post
your not running the show. Kreider is capable of being a Getzlaf, Perry impact type of player. Its a lot to give up, plus when your done making cap room who would they play with.
I think you may need to temper your expectations on Kreider for. The kid hasn't even played a minute of professional hockey. What basis do you have to claim that Kreider can be in the same class as a 40-50 goal scorer who plays defense? Or even a 30-50 guy that is a good two-way forward. Could he be? Potentially yes, but he could also be a player in Dubinsky's range. You just don't know what to expect from him. He could be a very good player yes, but to turn down a trade for a 40-50 goal scorer (if that ever came along) because we think Kreider could eventually potentially become one may be a tad unexplainable.

01-08-2012, 04:42 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Both players only have one additional year left on their contract before they become UFA's.... You can sign them without losing any assets if you wait 1 year.... Why mortgage the future by taking such a big gamble?

Old
01-08-2012, 05:08 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What on Earth are you talking about? There is no way in hell Malkin is going anywhere. The injuries just make that more certain. Malkin is that franchise now more than ever. They'd be nuts to even entertain the thought of dealing him.
Hence my saying 80% no, and even less that it would be to us.

What I am saying is, if the Pens know it is really bad for Sid + especially Letang, and if the Hawks were to put a blow it away offer on the table:

one of Olsen or Clendemming
any two of Saad, McNeil + Morin
plus 2 draft picks

And given the high cap #s for Malkin (who they can theoretically move), Crosby (who they cannot) and Fleury (not likely to be moved despite relatively high #), given that everybody, even a generational player can be had for a high enough price, do you think then and in that event, the consider moving Malkin? Especially since he got winged pretty bad last year. They might. I agree probably not, but they might.

But if 7.x or whatever mil for mostly picks is going to Chitown, they will have to move some bodies to get under cap.

Just thinkin aloud, we probably can't afford Sharp if he were put up anyway...

Old
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Both players only have one additional year left on their contract before they become UFA's.... You can sign them without losing any assets if you wait 1 year.... Why mortgage the future by taking such a big gamble?
I'm with you on that Wolfie. It's one thing to pay a premium for high end talent.
It's another thing to do that with a guy who can walk....

Old
01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
because 99.99999999999999999999% chance that they never make it to ufa status. waiting for someone to become a UFA is normally the same as deciding you'll let him play for someone else.

obviously you don't over pay and if the price is too high then you sit back and cross your fingers and hope that you get lucky...but when players that good and that young become available sometimes you have to pounce because there won't be a 2nd chance later.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
because 99.99999999999999999999% chance that they never make it to ufa status. waiting for someone to become a UFA is normally the same as deciding you'll let him play for someone else.
Richards, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, soon to be Parise. I'd say the chances are much better than .00000000001%

Old
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Richards, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, soon to be Parise. I'd say the chances are much better than .00000000001%
well obviously that percentage was made up and not 100% accurate, i rounded LOLOLOL but kovalchuk was traded and then sign with the team that acquired him and last i checked parise hasn't become a ufa yet. so out of all the superstars in the league that have re-upped long term with their teams you are still talking about a small percentage that become ufas.

everyone would love to add the superstar player AND hold onto our top kids, but thats not always possible. i'm against trading our top prospects but waiting for ufas isn't always the best option

Old
01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rranger View Post
Not sure if serious...

Have you watched these three players play? What in the hell makes you think Kreider can potentially be a Perry or Getzlaf? On his best day he might meet the production of a Bobby Ryan, but he won't sniff a year like Perry had last season.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
well obviously that percentage was made up and not 100% accurate, i rounded LOLOLOL but kovalchuk was traded and then sign with the team that acquired him and last i checked parise hasn't become a ufa yet. so out of all the superstars in the league that have re-upped long term with their teams you are still talking about a small percentage that become ufas.

everyone would love to add the superstar player AND hold onto our top kids, but thats not always possible. i'm against trading our top prospects but waiting for ufas isn't always the best option
What I'm getting at, is that there was a previous mentality that Richards would never become a UFA and that we had to trade for him last season to sign him, and the same idea was pitched when Kovalchuk was being shopped, and then the Devils trade for him and he waits for July 1st to test the UFA waters anyway..... Looking more and more like Parise will probably do the same.....

That being said, I'm not hell bent on pursuing anymore superstars.... We've got our 2 elite players up front, and one in net.... What the Rangers need to be successful in the post season is depth and balance throughout their line-up....

Old
01-08-2012, 06:51 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

I'll tell you, I think I'm sold on Ruutu myself right now. A guy who can score and bang. I love it.

Closed Thread