vCash: 500
Norwegian Prospect Tracker

Junior Prospects:

Joakim Jensen-Baie Comeau (QMJHL)

Mathis Olimb -Sarnia Sting (OHL)

AHL Prospects:

Ole-Kristian Tollefsen -Syracuse Crunch

Marius Holtet -Houston Aeros

Last edited by ratsgirl: 12-14-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old
10-05-2004, 06:35 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Ok, nobody laugh! Since there's more than just one Norwegian prospect in North America right now, I thought we could actually keep track of them this year. (btw, did I forget anyone? )

I'll hopefully get a chance to see Tollefsen play later this season.

Old
10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
Ok, nobody laugh! Since there's more than just one Norwegian prospect in North America right now, I thought we could actually keep track of them this year. (btw, did I forget anyone? )

I'll hopefully get a chance to see Tollefsen play later this season.
Well, I know some Norwegian kids travelled over to attend "hockey high schools" in the Greater Toronto area. Awesome too see kids from the old country trying their luck in North America. If the Swedes can succeed, so can we!

Last edited by rangers: 10-05-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old
10-05-2004, 08:00 PM
rangers

http://www.dagsavisen.no/sport/article1231570.ece

Old
10-05-2004, 08:06 PM
rangers

Ohh...Almost forgot. Morten Ask is currently skating with the Hartford Wolf Pack at the MSG Training Center. Hopefully he`ll stick with them and play in the AHL this coming season. Imagine a Norwegian donning the Blueshirt sometime in the future. How great would that be?!

Old
10-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Jungle Boy

Hello there. Can someone explain to me why Norwegian hockey is that bad?
I mean Norway is a powerhouse when it comes to winter sports, a rich and oraganized country (the population can afford to go to a hockey game), maybe it´s the lack of ice (JK)
Maybe Tore Andre Flor would be a way better powerfoward center than he is a striker.

P.S.: I love Norway (in the summer)

Old
10-06-2004, 01:29 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy
Hello there. Can someone explain to me why Norwegian hockey is that bad?
I mean Norway is a powerhouse when it comes to winter sports, a rich and oraganized country (the population can afford to go to a hockey game), maybe it´s the lack of ice (JK)
Maybe Tore Andre Flor would be a way better powerfoward center than he is a striker.

P.S.: I love Norway (in the summer)
You wish! Flonaldo is the best! No, seriously Norway have never had a strong hockey tradition. We lack rinks and there isn`t much ice outside, where I live at least. People in Sweden and Finland are all hockey nuts while most Norwegians don`t care about the sport at all. This is all changing however as I see more and more kids with skates and sticks heading down to the one rink we have in Stavanger (100 000 + inhabitants). Its a long way to go, but we are moving in the right direction. BTW Kjetil Rekdal

Old
10-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Jungle Boy

Thanks. good news maybe in 20 years Stavanger will turn into a hockey center and Norway will be beating the swedes and finns (the Danes would be more realistic ) GO ROSENBÖRG!

Old
10-07-2004, 09:12 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Ohh...Almost forgot. Morten Ask is currently skating with the Hartford Wolf Pack at the MSG Training Center. Hopefully he`ll stick with them and play in the AHL this coming season. Imagine a Norwegian donning the Blueshirt sometime in the future. How great would that be?!
so great I'd almost consider not booing him!
is he still on the roster, or has he been cut?

on another note, who do you think has the best chance in this year's cup final--Brann or Lyn? and what the heck happened to Rosenborg??

Old
10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
rangers

Quote:
so great I'd almost consider not booing him!
is he still on the roster, or has he been cut?

on another note, who do you think has the best chance in this year's cup final--Brann or Lyn? and what the heck happened to Rosenborg??
Looks like he`s been cut and is back in Vegas.... About the cupfinal...Brann will win it, hands down. They play pretty exciting football and score goals while Lyn is the most boring team in all of Norway. Byen e Bergen å lage e Brann...

Old
10-07-2004, 07:17 PM
rangers

And about Rosenborg, well they`ve been horrible recently. Some good Champions League games, but they`ve got nothing going for them in the Tippeliga. Roar Strand and Ørjan Berg are currently injured and Brattbakk doesn`t score.. I think they`ll bounce back though. Easy last 3 games..

Old
10-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I see more and more kids with skates and sticks heading down to the one rink we have in Stavanger (100 000 + inhabitants). Its a long way to go, but we are moving in the right direction. BTW Kjetil Rekdal

I've been there, it's a fairly nice rink. Did you ever a know a coach there by the name of Zakariassen. He used to coach there and his son played on the same teams as Vikingstad while growing up. By the way, Martin Knold has started off nicely in Germany. Has 3 goals in the last two games.

However, the Norwegians in Dusseldorf (Vikingstad, Jakobssen og Magnussen) haven't been doing well. It's a shame because Magnussen can be an exciting player when he's on his game.

Old
10-12-2004, 04:21 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
I've been there, it's a fairly nice rink. Did you ever a know a coach there by the name of Zakariassen. He used to coach there and his son played on the same teams as Vikingstad while growing up. By the way, Martin Knold has started off nicely in Germany. Has 3 goals in the last two games.

However, the Norwegians in Dusseldorf (Vikingstad, Jakobssen og Magnussen) haven't been doing well. It's a shame because Magnussen can be an exciting player when he's on his game.
The name sounds familiar, but nothing more than that. Vikingstad played before my time, and for another club. I`m not that into the hockey group any more. Had to choose between hockey and football as I got older and chose fotball. Still have some friends playing hockey though, for the most part in Division 1 on Viking...

Old
10-13-2004, 12:37 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Looks like he`s been cut and is back in Vegas.... About the cupfinal...Brann will win it, hands down. They play pretty exciting football and score goals while Lyn is the most boring team in all of Norway. Byen e Bergen å lage e Brann...
I hope you're right!

Old
10-13-2004, 12:39 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Hey Rangers, I just realized the Olympic pre-qualifying games are going to be in Stavanger in November. Will you be going to any of the games?? I read somewhere that they're counting on Tollefsen and Ask to play.

Old
10-13-2004, 03:12 PM
rangers

Quote:
Hey Rangers, I just realized the Olympic pre-qualifying games are going to be in Stavanger in November. Will you be going to any of the games?? I read somewhere that they're counting on Tollefsen and Ask to play.
I`ll be trying hard to get tix, but we`ll see if I succeed. Its a pretty popular happening here so I probably need to be out early, but I will certainly try.

Old
10-13-2004, 03:14 PM
rangers

Norge - Slovenia 3-0 --- Eg e i himmelen!

Old
10-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

By all accounts, OK played great last night in his first AHL game for the Crunch. His team won 3-0, but no points for OK. Hopefully I'll be able to go up to upstate NY for a game and catch Tollefsen in action.

Old
10-19-2004, 08:42 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

The Knights traded Olimb to Sarnia today.

http://www.sarniasting.com/news.asp?storyid=248

Old
10-20-2004, 07:46 AM
mole

Quote:
The Knights traded Olimb to Sarnia today.
You don't see this as a chance for him to get more ice time?

Old
10-26-2004, 08:29 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole
Yes I do. In London he had "superstars" like Schremp, Hunter and Perry in front of him. Olimb is no grinder and doesn`t thrive on the 3rd or 4th line. Feel sorry for the Knights though. They`ve lost a good competetor...

Old
10-26-2004, 09:28 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole
oh sure. the was because he never got a chance in london, and judging by some comments I've heard, it seems he wasn't really in their plans from the beginning.

but hey, he had a goal in his first game with sarnia!

Old
11-07-2004, 09:14 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
About the cupfinal...Brann will win it, hands down. They play pretty exciting football and score goals while Lyn is the most boring team in all of Norway. Byen e Bergen å lage e Brann...

Old
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

In the first battle of the Norwegians in the AHL, Marius Holtet came away with the victory as Houston beat Syracuse 3-0. Holtet recorded his first AHL goal, while Tollefsen finished a -2 for the evening.

Old
12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
rangers

Did Holtet just return back home to Norway or am I just confused?

Closed Thread