HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

College Hockey lands in Pittsburgh region

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
College Hockey lands in Pittsburgh region

Live in/near/around Pittsburgh? Need to get your hockey fix during the NHL work stoppage? Want to catch an NCAA D-I game without having to take the long road trip to Boston, Minnesota or Michigan?

If you answered "yes", then you're in luck. The Colonials of Robert Morris University (located in Moon Township) will make their inaugural D-I debut in about 2 weeks (10/22). You can catch them at the Island Sports Center at Neville Island (and may ACTUALLY even run into one of the "Hanson Brothers"- no kidding!).

If you want to know more about the team, visit their website.

Old
10-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Jeff Goldblum

I may have to go see a few of their games. I saw they were entering D-I in the college hockey write-ups on HF's frontpage. Thanks for the heads up!

Old
10-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Jacob

Their schedule isn't too hot. Not a single NHL prospect is coming through Neville.

It's not much further for me to go check out the Erie Otters, so I think I'll do that instead.

Old
10-05-2004, 05:53 PM
craig1

Read about it on their website. I was glad when they bought the Island Sports Complex. It's a shame that Nicholson is retiring. He's done a ton for that University...I got my BSBA from there. Good solid business school. I know a lot of people from Pittsburgh don't give it a second thought since it's sports program has never been a hugh deal.....until now with the Island purchase and the building of a stadium.......but I learned when I got out to CA for my MBA how far ahead of most everyone else I was.

Old
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I want to go up for a couple games this year, hopefully the opener. I have little to no interest in staying in the area for college, but Robert Morris is the only area school that even has a chance to woo me(not including Penn State since that's still a good 4 1/2 hours away).

Sadly they're only the second team out of my list of candidates that even has a NCAA hockey team, the other being Minnesota.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Live in/near/around Pittsburgh? Need to get your hockey fix during the NHL work stoppage? Want to catch an NCAA D-I game without having to take the long road trip to Boston, Minnesota or Michigan?

If you answered "yes", then you're in luck. The Colonials of Robert Morris University (located in Moon Township) will make their inaugural D-I debut in about 2 weeks (10/22). You can catch them at the Island Sports Center at Neville Island (and may ACTUALLY even run into one of the "Hanson Brothers"- no kidding!).

If you want to know more about the team, visit their website.
I play roller hockey there and its a fantastic facility. The "hanson brother" actually is a manager there.

Old
10-05-2004, 08:36 PM
ej_pens

Send a message via AIM to ej_pens
For those that are interested, their "Blue/White" game is on Friday at 7:30.

I'm looking forward to this. I worked for the Forge while they were here on game nights (and will do the same for Robert Morris).

Closed Thread