So how big a ***** is Luongo?

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 06:12 PM
mauser98k98
Rookie User

vCash: 500
So how big a ***** is Luongo?

I mean really this is your biggest game of the year so far and he is sitting?

Old
01-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Niz Bruin

Old
01-06-2012, 06:14 PM
keslerburrows

It was the coaches decision... Schneider was born and raised in Boston and will have friends and family attending. Just a heads up.

Ah, it's his first post. Got it.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
ODAAT

The coach`s presser or interview is even a bigger joke, the old "letting Schneider play in front of family and friends BS"

Hey, that`s a nice sentiment if this was a simple meeting between two teams who have no past other than a once or twice meeting each year but it isn`t

This is about a team who absolutely embarrassed, humiliated and made your goalie for the next Decade look like a PeeWee, and knowing full well that Red Light Luongo can`t stop beachballs at the TD.

Nice try though, no wonder the team is the way it is, lead by the Head of the Jackwagons

Old
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
It was the coaches decision... Schneider was born and raised in Boston and will have friends and family attending. Just a heads up.

C`mon, you have been a decent poster here, no trolling at all, surely you can`t be buying the "chance to play in front of family and friend BS"?

It would be different if there was absolutely no history here, but there is, and that history is a nightmare for Luongo, surely you can see that, I would wager if his #2 was from Pickering Ontario Luongo would be glued to the bench.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
mauser98k98
Rookie User

Schneider folks got to see him play 3 times in Boston last year.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Of course it's the coach's decision. The coach's decision is to protect Luongo's fragile psyche. Starting Schneider certainly gives Vancouver a better opportunity to win. Unfortunately a side effect is that Roberto is going to be roasted as having no cojones.

Harrison Mooney (Canucks fan) has it right at Puck Daddy:

Quote:
The Canucks have very little to gain and lots to lose by starting him. The anecdotal evidence indicates that he struggles in Boston, he's arguably the most emotional goalie in the NHL, and, if it were to happen, he would take another big loss hard. It's not a stretch to suggest that it could put him right back into the hot-and-cold play he was giving the Canucks earlier in the year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...HRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Old
01-06-2012, 06:24 PM
ronwm

Coach's choice..... Can't really call Luongo a 'whatever' because the coach made a call.

You can call Luongo whatever you want for any other reason (and there are quite a few other reasons), but not this.....wasn't his call to make.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwm View Post
Coach's choice..... Can't really call Luongo a 'whatever' because the coach made a call.

You can call Luongo whatever you want for any other reason (and there are quite a few other reasons), but not this.....wasn't his call to make.
To be honest, your coach did just make his best decision, his reasoning could have been slightly more honest though

You know it, I know it, all the fans know it, Lou can`t handle the heat in Boston, all goalies/players have barns where they just excel or play like crud, the TD is on Luongo`s crud list

Old
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

If Luongo really wanted to play against Boston and redeem himself a tad bit, I'm sure he would have pushed Vigneault big time. I agree with ODAAT, the whole "we're playing Schneider because he's from Boston and his family is there," is ********.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
LUCICHARASK
Soda Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tales View Post
If Luongo really wanted to play against Boston and redeem himself a tad bit, I'm sure he would have pushed Vigneault big time. I agree with ODAAT, the whole "we're playing Schneider because he's from Boston and his family is there," is ********.
I agree. Seems like they're taking the easy way out.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
please recycle*

Look I realize that as a Canucks fan I'm treading in hostile territory here but I felt like weighing in on this issue (to the point of creating an account), because it really is an interesting situation.

About three weeks before they announced that Schneids was going to start, my girlfriend and I were discussing who would get the start in Boston. She said that there was no doubt that it would be Lu as he had something to prove.

I agreed with here but I also felt like it would be a really nice touch to give the start to Schneider.

I'm not saying it is totally the right decision, but I do think there are perfectly logical reasons to do so.

Schneider is a KEY part of our organization. He has been a back up to a world class (albeit fragile) goalie for two years now and is entering the prime of his career. He never complains, he is always a good teammate, and is perfectly accepting of his role in Vancouver. Giving him the start in Boston is a really classy way of showing Schneids that they realize how valuable he is to the organization. What other start could show it as well (I do think him being a hometown boy is important in the reasoning)?

And to everyone saying that Luongo is a wimp, I really don't think that's fair (Lui is no stranger to unfair criticism however). He has ABSOLUTELY no say in the decision of whether he starts or not. It's something that the organization has been preaching for a couple of years now. If it was up to Luongo he would play every single game.

I saw an interview with him a couple days ago talking about how excited he was to go back to Boston. You could see it in his eyes that he totally believed he would be starting.

That's the way I see it anyways.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
JMiller

The only reasonable response by the bruins should be to chase Schneider early- I can hear the "we want Luongo" chants already.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
The only reasonable response by the bruins should be to chase Schneider early- I can hear the "we want Luongo" chants already.
"We want Loo!"

Poor Schneider, he better hope that his defense is more up to the task than Calgary's was last night, or he'll have his tail between his legs before the first period is over.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Luongo sucks and he knows it

Old
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by please recycle View Post
Look I realize that as a Canucks fan I'm treading in hostile territory here but I felt like weighing in on this issue (to the point of creating an account), because it really is an interesting situation.

About three weeks before they announced that Schneids was going to start, my girlfriend and I were discussing who would get the start in Boston. She said that there was no doubt that it would be Lu as he had something to prove.

I agreed with here but I also felt like it would be a really nice touch to give the start to Schneider.

I'm not saying it is totally the right decision, but I do think there are perfectly logical reasons to do so.

Schneider is a KEY part of our organization. He has been a back up to a world class (albeit fragile) goalie for two years now and is entering the prime of his career. He never complains, he is always a good teammate, and is perfectly accepting of his role in Vancouver. Giving him the start in Boston is a really classy way of showing Schneids that they realize how valuable he is to the organization. What other start could show it as well (I do think him being a hometown boy is important in the reasoning)?

And to everyone saying that Luongo is a wimp, I really don't think that's fair (Lui is no stranger to unfair criticism however). He has ABSOLUTELY no say in the decision of whether he starts or not. It's something that the organization has been preaching for a couple of years now. If it was up to Luongo he would play every single game.

I saw an interview with him a couple days ago talking about how excited he was to go back to Boston. You could see it in his eyes that he totally believed he would be starting.

That's the way I see it anyways.
Yeah, I don't believe that. At all.

Not saying that Luongo asked out, but I'm sure when Vigneault informed him he wasn't going to start, he didn't protest too much. If he really, really wanted to play in Boston, he'd play. He's a veteran goalie, a Vezina candidate, and he undoubtedly has some say. Remember Game 3 of the SCF? Vigneault said he offered to pull him after the second period, but Luongo said no. If Roberto has ABSOLUTELY no say in that sort of decision, Vigneault would have pulled him, period.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
keslerburrows

Sorry if I came off totally unrealistic but that is my opinion. I can admit Luongo is fragile and whatever else you want to call it. At the end of the day this a regular season game, and It's not everyday a backup goalie gets to play in his home town. Cheers to a good game tomorrow

Old
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Waltah*

Quote:
Sorry if I came off totally unrealistic but that is my opinion. I can admit Luongo is fragile and whatever else you want to call it. At the end of the day this a regular season game, and It's not everyday a backup goalie gets to play in his home town. Cheers to a good game tomorrow
he's fragile in the regular season...so protect him during big regular "just another game" games.

so what about the playoffs? hmmmm

Old
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
And that's exactly why he isn't playing. I said it earlier today, I think he has played very well lately especially after that rough start to start the year and if he is to play tomorrow and get blown out he wouldn't be the same the rest of the way. But if he does play and win could also be a huge boost. Luongo is scared!

Old
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Waltah*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Luongo sucks and he knows it

Old
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
Poor Schneider, he better hope that his defense is more up to the task than Calgary's was last night, or he'll have his tail between his legs before the first period is over.
I wouldn't worry too much about Schneider. I work with folks in Vancouver who would much prefer to see Schneider in net over Luongo. It's a similar situation to the one here in Boston: young, hot-shot goalie, future of the team, chomping at the bit to get into games but has a rather strong veteran firmly entrenched in the starting role.

The difference, of course, is that Timmy is a better netminder than Luongo and doesn't have a an albatros of a contract anchoring him in town for the next 100 years or whatever.

I think Schneider will be fine in net and may actually provide the Bruins with as good a game as Luongo would have. The only difference will be not being able to rub Luongo's face into the loss. But the game should be entertaining and Schneider should offer a great challenge.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
Time for someone to remix

Old
01-06-2012, 07:10 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
How Luongo isn't dying to be in this game is beyond me.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:10 PM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

The answer to the question is: Madonna sized.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
rickizbruin

i think they are just trying to downplay the game as another game which in reality it is.
i think people are making too much of this one game.. its still 2 points and has nothing to do with the stanley cup...
as for me.. its just another bruins game i look forward to watching...
wait till the playoffs if van. makes it.

Closed Thread