Game 37 | Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins | 1 PM EST | NESN (HD), 98.5 FM

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Pie O My

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Hey I hear you. If you can't be constructive and polite with your comments, don't post in other teams boards. We've had a couple really great Bruins fans pop over to our board. We all love the sport, and if you don't like what your reading, do yourself a favour and bow out.

This is my first trip to Boston, I'm going to see the game. I'm super excited.
How cool would it be if you came in sporting the old halloween Nucks jersey with Neely 21 on the back? I'd be confused as hell sitting behind you. "Do I razz this guy or buy him a beer? how about both?".

Have fun and enjoy your stay.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
patty59

Who's going to beat the **** out of Hansen?

Old
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Is it wrong for me to say I want the Bruins to exact some payback on a couple of Canucks ?

I want Burrows and that piece of crap Lapierre to take a beating and I hope Lucic takes on one of them.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Chara have some fun with Kesler.

I just really hate the Canucks and everyone of their players and their coach and even the GM.

So they have a mascot, I hate it also....

This is one game I wouldn't mind the boys forgetting about the 2 points and settling some crap.
Not at all...You are The Godfather.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
patty59

I see them taking care of a few players right off the start-Hansen, Burrows and Lapierre. Then depending on how the game plays out maybe lighting a fire late in the 3rd.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
To the Canucks fan going to the game tomorrow: I wouldn't be too worried, to be honest. If this was a Saturday night game I'd feel differently, but seeing as it's a matinee start, I really don't expect you to encounter too much aside from the standard heckling. Hell, I had the same hesitations last month when I went down to Philly to see the B's play. Same situation -- Saturday game, hostile environment, fans known to be tough. Honestly, I didn't hear one word from their fans (probably helped that the B's blew the Flyers out of the building, but still).

My advice: don't be obnoxious, lay low, avoid making eye contact with any questionable types, laugh at any insults sent your way, and don't go to the bathroom by yourself/between periods. Do this, and you'll be A-OK.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Hey I hear you. If you can't be constructive and polite with your comments, don't post in other teams boards. We've had a couple really great Bruins fans pop over to our board. We all love the sport, and if you don't like what your reading, do yourself a favour and bow out.

This is my first trip to Boston, I'm going to see the game. I'm super excited.
A bit of advice.. Let the bruins fans talk ****.. just walk away. Because you will get **** from a lot of people....

oh ya heres a good pump video

Old
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Yeah, I've been googling pictures ever since I got gifted the tickets (early birthday/Christmas present) and I'm really excited to see the history and sights. Despite what some Vancouver fans think, I've heard that the majority of Bruins fans in the Garden are really great and won't be TOO heckling as long as you respect you're the minority.

But hey, Happy Birthday to me (today). Can't ask for a better way to spend it.
Happy Birthday puckmonster, and welcome to Boston. What you've heard is mostly correct, the vast majority of B's fans will be cool...unfortunately though there are those few for whom your respect or lack thereof will be of little consequence: they'll be seeing red if you're wearing blue, especially after a few beers, and this game more than most will have its share of this type. Personally I wouldn't rock the Nucks gear unless I was prepared to deal with shoves and other forms of provocation.

Just wanting you to have a great experience (um, except on the scoreboard obv!).

Old
01-06-2012, 09:48 AM
SupremefartMachine

Lot's 'o articles and columns being pumped out in le Vancouver media today.

I'm glad the Canucks were in Boston to witness the game last night.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Lot's 'o articles and columns being pumped out in le Vancouver media today.

I'm glad the Canucks were in Boston to witness the game last night.
I can see AV and his coaching "braintrust" sitting at Tresca's watching the game.

AV - "ok, guys, here's what we gotta do on saturday. Neutralize all 4 of their lines by....guys? GUYS? Where is everybody? What's that i hear, whimpering? What's under the table? GUYS! Get out from under the table, stop crying, and for the love the lord stop this fetal position nonsense, it's freaking me out!!"

Old
01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Paddington

vCash: 50
Drop the puck already! I can't wait for this one. To be honest, I don't think Burrows or Lapierre will feel any wrath. I doubt they would drop the gloves against Lucic, Horton....or pretty much anybody. Well, maybe against "noted tough guy David Krejci" lol. They are going to do their best to agitate and draw penalties. That's their game, not dropping the gloves.

I hope Luongo gets lit up like a Christmas tree. It's only fitting because it's Orthodox Christmas and Lucic (like myself) will be celebrating because of his Serbian background.

My only concern is that the Bs are playing their 3rd game in a little under 4 days. The blowouts against NJ and Calgary came at a great time. It gave Julien a chance to rest some of his top players late in each game.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

This is actually a big game for the bruins. Not because I think the Canucks are better, but it's one of those games where they could lose easily if they don't get up for it (Dallas) or if they let their emotions lead to stupid penalties (Carolina)

If the bruins can keep rolling and beat the Canucks handily, I'll know they are still mentally tough enough to keep going and execute like we know they can.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Who's going to beat the **** out of Hansen?
McQuaid. McQuaid is the guy Hansen speared in the berries in the final minutes of Game 7.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
McQuaid. McQuaid is the guy Hansen speared in the berries in the final minutes of Game 7.
Could be Ference too, he blindsided Ference that game

Old
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
I can see AV and his coaching "braintrust" sitting at Tresca's watching the game.

AV - "ok, guys, here's what we gotta do on saturday. Neutralize all 4 of their lines by....guys? GUYS? Where is everybody? What's that i hear, whimpering? What's under the table? GUYS! Get out from under the table, stop crying, and for the love the lord stop this fetal position nonsense, it's freaking me out!!"
If Daniel Sedin is to be believed, their game plan is the same as the cup finals, wait for the Bruins to take penalties, then capitalize.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Could be Ference too, he blindsided Ference that game
A blindside vs being speared in the nads.

I think if I was Ference, I'd concede the honor. Besides, we know McQuaid will do it right.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Drop the puck already! I can't wait for this one. To be honest, I don't think Burrows or Lapierre will feel any wrath. I doubt they would drop the gloves against Lucic, Horton....or pretty much anybody. Well, maybe against "noted tough guy David Krejci" lol. They are going to do their best to agitate and draw penalties. That's their game, not dropping the gloves.

I hope Luongo gets lit up like a Christmas tree. It's only fitting because it's Orthodox Christmas and Lucic (like myself) will be celebrating because of his Serbian background.

My only concern is that the Bs are playing their 3rd game in a little under 4 days. The blowouts against NJ and Calgary came at a great time. It gave Julien a chance to rest some of his top players late in each game.
Merry Christmas bud. Mine is today.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:10 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
A blindside vs being speared in the nads.

I think if I was Ference, I'd concede the honor. Besides, we know McQuaid will do it right.
I just think that Ference is more of Hansen's "type"

I would love to see McQuaid get a hold of him though.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:17 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I'd love to see McQuaid get a hold of Kesler..
There would be another riot for sure

Old
01-06-2012, 10:19 AM
nazartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post

Yep, I'm celebrating too. My wife is cooking a dinner befitting the occasion.

Contemplating doing Gunning With God tomorrow morning: "You write your sins on a clay pigeon, they fire them up in the air, and you pulverize them with a 12-gauge shotgun full of our Lord's forgiveness."

Old
01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Salem13

All I know is if the B's lose this one the fans should throw an appropriate riot, maybe flip over a picture of a car, idly threaten a store front window, pretty much close to nothing while expressing the loss.

Old
01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
nazartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
All I know is if the B's lose this one the fans should throw an appropriate riot, maybe flip over a picture of a car, idly threaten a store front window, pretty much close to nothing while expressing the loss.
I'll get a car-shaped fridge magnet...

Old
01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
BruinsPortugal

As long as they take care of Hansen and Lapierre i'll be happy.

Go get them oys!!

Old
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Waltah*

In the not so distant past it would be hard to say we could count on the bruins to show up big for a game like this. Not too long ago we really layed an egg in that penguin game after the savvy hit. The bruins have come a long way since then. Not just on the ice, but the organizational as a whole. The entire core and culture to this team has a new definition and purpose. The bruins will be in front of the home crowd against a team that really pissed them off last year and built up a lot of hate in situations the bruins couldnt take care of in a championship series. They were the better team for not doing it then and they were the better hockey team overall, the champions. Tomorrow is a setup for a statement game. I am in FULL confidence that every player, coach, trainer, manager, and front office person has had this game highlighted for the very reasons we all have been discussing recently and were plainly obvious to carry over from the series. I really wish I was better with words because I feel like there is going to be a lot of passion and emotion wrapped up in this game from all parts of the bruins organization. It's great to know that they care now and not have to wonder. With all that said, I remember saying the following in the GDT's before our home games in boston and it seemed to work pretty well.

Sleep tight canucks, sleep tight.

Last edited by Waltah*: 01-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Closed Thread