HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stats say that a fight does change momentum

Old
01-06-2012, 08:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Stats say that a fight does change momentum

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-momentum.html

Get more knucklechuckers, Darcy!

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
One of those tough guys, Buffalo's Patrick Kuleta, said anecdotal evidence convinced him of that long ago.
"Most definitely. I think the biggest thing you'll notice is the energy change. It could be going one way, and you go out there and fight—whether it's a guy bigger than you, same size, whatever it is—you see a guy giving up their body and doing it for the team, just to create that energy is huge," he said. "I'm sure you can feel it up in the stands watching, too."
But I thought he doesn't fight and just turtles? What is he doing in a fighting article? Oh...they're talking about Kuleta, not Kaleta...got it.

I still don't believe that every fight changes momentum--I feel fights that occur naturally are more important than the "hey, you wanna go after the faceoff? nudge nudge" staged fights. But that's anecdotal on my part.

I also wonder what the road/away split for teams increasing offensive output is--I imagine the home team might get a boost from the crowd.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:54 AM
HiddenInLight

I thought that tropp fight a month or so ago should have added energy but at that point the team played likethey didn't care.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote