HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers viewing parties for tonight vs Panthers

Old
01-05-2012, 09:24 AM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Rangers viewing parties for tonight vs Panthers

http://keepmsg.com/viewingparties/viewing_parties.html

I'm going to the New York Historical Society today and I see that Brother Jimmys is about 4 blocks away. How is that place? Anyone plan on going? I wonder what type of food and drink specials will be offered. Sais the Rangers will provide free appetizers....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
redfzn

My buddy says they have some swamp water in a fish bowl drink that's supposed to be good, wings and BBQ food.

Can't be bad. I'd go but, unfortunately, I'm not getting out of the office 'til 7.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Crease

Bro Jams is a fratty bar. On a thursday night you're gunna get a mix of young 20s finance guys and hipsters and drunk blondes. Not a bad time, but not the ideal spot to watch the Rangers game IMO.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
nyrmetros

At brother jimmys now. Spent the day at the NY historical society. The food is ok. Not bad, not amazing. Had some $2 bud lights. I doubt they will put the game audio on. What former players are supposed to come?

Old
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Bro Jams is a fratty bar. On a thursday night you're gunna get a mix of young 20s finance guys and hipsters and drunk blondes. Not a bad time, but not the ideal spot to watch the Rangers game IMO.
I live a few blocks from there, and that's a pretty accurate description. It trends young because it's cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Spent the day at the NY historical society.
What was going on there?

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I live a few blocks from there, and that's a pretty accurate description. It trends young because it's cheap.

What was going on there?
Saw the new painting of Washington Crossing the Delaware, and it was my first time at the museum since the $75 million renovation. One of the best museums in the city, along with Fraunces Tavern.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:10 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Saw the new painting of Washington Crossing the Delaware, and it was my first time at the museum since the $75 million renovation. One of the best museums in the city, along with Fraunces Tavern.
Didn't know there was a "new" one, hopefully it's not a historical trainwreck like the old one. lol. Cant say I've ever been to that museum, which is kindof shameful since I'm a huge history buff, will have to check it out.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:46 PM
nyrmetros

Glenn Anderson is at Brother Jimmys.

Old
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Didn't know there was a "new" one, hopefully it's not a historical trainwreck like the old one. lol. Cant say I've ever been to that museum, which is kindof shameful since I'm a huge history buff, will have to check it out.
http://Www.cityroom.blogs.nytimes.co...factual-match/

Old
01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Onion Boy

Brian Mullen was at Trinity Place.

The place was loud and crowded so I left after the 1st. Listening on the radio at home now.

I hate MSG.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
Brian Mullen was at Trinity Place.

The place was loud and crowded so I left after the 1st. Listening on the radio at home now.

I hate MSG.
Brother jimmys is empty and quiet.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Very cool, though I really doubt they had any illumination on the boats that night! (wonder if that's known or unknown from primary accounts) Washington Crossing State Park is an awesome place to visit, the old guy who runs the little museum there is a font of knowledge.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
pucksoup

I also went to Trinity Place last night since it is a few blocks from my apartment. It's one of my usual haunts since they serve some of my favorite beers and it's usually pretty dead once the after work crowd goes home.

During the first period, it was loud and reasonably crowded (not "body-on-body" crowded, but very few seats left). The problem was that the free appetizers (sliders, mini-dogs in puff pastry, some Americanized empanadas) kept the after work crowd hanging out a little longer than usual. They had the game audio at a reasonable volume and people were trying to talk OVER the announcers. As the game wore on, the bar was less and less crowded, until it was about 2/3 empty by the 2nd intermission.

Attendees received a free t-shirt (nothing you would want to pay for, but good enough to use at the gym), pens, and raffle tickets (they gave away two pairs of tickets to the 1/10 game versus the Yotes). I will probably go again tonight.

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote