HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komi And Brown "Expected" For Saturday, Frattin and Holzer Sent Down

Old
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
KillerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
Really dreading Armstrong coming back.
me too

KillerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
Really dreading Armstrong coming back.

I've always like Armstrong, but I'm starting to think we need to move on. Armstrong, Lombardi, time to make room.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

i don't get why people are crying over frattin being sent down. he hasn't exactly been playing lights out so it's not like it's going to be a game breaker. between trades and injuries, it's only a matter of time before he's back up with the leafs.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I don't want Boyce to get sent down again, he's been instrumental on that 4th line since getting called up, but because of Armstrong it's inevitable

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Keep trying to forget your embarassing rampages of insults and fits of rage, Stevie!

I would if I were you.
So says the guy embarrassing himself as we speak. That basement crack hit deep eh!

Old
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
zeke
#freewilly

What we should all be hoping for is that Army and Lombo can stay healthy and start producing so they become tradeable again.

They don't have to be great, they just have to be decent to make some teams want to take a chance on them with only one year left on their deals.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
SteveV*

So, we might be looking at Bozie in for Lombardi, then Lombardi axes Boyce. Armstrong takes out Crabb. Kadri ain't going anywhere now, if he keeps it up.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
So says the guy embarrassing himself as we speak. That basement crack hit deep eh!
There's the Stevie we all know and love - making internet insults to console himself again. You are so dang adorable!

I guess we can all forget how you called anyone who thought Frattin might deserve some AHL time an idiot, moron, and all kinds of wonderful names. phew!

Until the next argument you call anyone who disagrees with you a biased blind moron, then! We'll all believe you next time for sure.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
bobermay

Quote:
So, we might be looking at Bozie in for Lombardi, then Lombardi axes Boyce. Armstrong takes out Crabb. Kadri ain't going anywhere now, if he keeps it up.
If he keeps what exactly up?

Kadri Fanboys...

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
I've always like Armstrong, but I'm starting to think we need to move on. Armstrong, Lombardi, time to make room.
Yep, I like 'em both, but their cap hits are becoming a burden and guys like Kadri, Frattin and arguably Boyce have earned their spots. They're not going to carry a whole lot of value in a package for an impact player; time to move on and auction them off for whatever picks we can get.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerFan View Post
I don't understand the hate for Komi. He was playing his best hockey in a leaf uniform prior to his injury. I felt like he was the best defenceman on the defensive end. If he can come back and play the way he was prior to the injury, he'd be a welcomed asset. I was critical of Franson at the beginning of the season but I've come around and I feel he's played much better. Everyone deserves to play and I think the best solution would be to have a rotation of Aulie, Franson and Komi as the 5th and 6th D. I'd have Gardiner in there but with Liles out, he's our best puck moving defenceman.
perhaps your memory is a bit off? komi has been the definition of terrible in his tenure as a leaf. a small stretch where he started to get back on track isn't fooling anyone. when/if he comes back and shows he can play well consistently he'll start getting some more credit.

i would put him in the line up over aulie, but IMO playing him over franson or even forcing franson to switch sides would be a massive mistake. maybe sitting schenn a few games or trying him with phaneuf could work, but when everyones healthy i just don't see how he takes a spot from anyone.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Aulie and Frattin
Aulie has been a rock the last two games, he's found his game and should never play another game at the AHL level, never.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post

Kadri Fanboys...
Kadri has played extremely well since being called up. Before mocking people try watching some games.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
birddog*

As a team the Leafs played arguably their best game of the season last game. So what do the rocket scientests that manage and coach the team do -- make changes.

If it ain't broke -- don't fix it. Wilson has never had his finger on the pulse of this team and never will.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Kadri Fanboys...
So I guess you haven't watched Leafs game in a while? Good to know.

Sucks that Frattin got sent down but the AHL will help and get him more ice time instead of seeing 4th line minutes.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
What we should all be hoping for is that Army and Lombo can stay healthy and start producing so they become tradeable again.

They don't have to be great, they just have to be decent to make some teams want to take a chance on them with only one year left on their deals.
Agreed 100%.

Most want them gone (simply because there are better options) but we want to at least be able to trade them and/or get something in return.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
Kadri has played extremely well since being called up. Before mocking people try watching some games.
1) I was not mocking...

What does Kadri bring that can not be replaced? He's be an entertaining player to watch, sure... but he hasn't cemmented himself a spot on our roster yet as far as I'm concerned.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
Gardiner and Frattin being sent down would be consistent with Burke's player development strategy
Roster decisions are made by Ron Wilson. Not Burke. This gets repeated over. And over. And over. And over....

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
So I guess you haven't watched Leafs game in a while? Good to know.

Sucks that Frattin got sent down but the AHL will help and get him more ice time instead of seeing 4th line minutes.
Funny, two people claim that I haven't watched the leafs lately, but they didn't asnwer my question...

Old
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:

Army is the type of guy you want down the stretch and in the playoffs, though.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
1) I was not mocking...

What does Kadri bring that can not be replaced? He's be an entertaining player to watch, sure... but he hasn't cemmented himself a spot on our roster yet as far as I'm concerned.
If you have to ask those questions then you have a lot to learn about the type of game Kadri has been playing since his last call up.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
If you have to ask those questions then you have a lot to learn about the type of game Kadri has been playing since his last call up.
If its so obvious, just answer my Question.

Look, I'm not hating on anybody. I like Kadri. He's a fun player to watch. But as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't been lights out or stellar, like some leafs fans make him out to be.

Old
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
ACC1224
vs. New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Roster decisions are made by Ron Wilson. Not Burke. This gets repeated over. And over. And over. And over....
Not exclusively, they would discuss strategy amongst the Group.

I imagine all things being equal Wilson would have the final say. ie. if it's down to 2 guys and neither has to clear waivers.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Funny, two people claim that I haven't watched the leafs lately, but they didn't asnwer my question...
Say what you want about him but his skill set is definitely a welcome addition to our top 9. Plus he has not hurt the team defensively.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
If its so obvious, just answer my Question.

Look, I'm not hating on anybody. I like Kadri. He's a fun player to watch. But as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't been lights out or stellar, like some leafs fans make him out to be.
I think kadri has clearly been one of our better overall players since his callup, dangerous offensively most every shift, and not hurting the team in any way in terms of board play or defensive coverage. In fact, I'd go as far as saying he's been flat out good defensively since his callup, and as good as most any of our other forwards in that department. He's simply been better than most of our other forwards since his callup.

That being said, he had a pretty invisible game last night so he's got to keep up the work ethic.