HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Making the Cut(hockey show)

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves
We will have one of these players. It's the six Canadian teams that are involved.
Cool! Some of these players are 21-22 years old so they can become something...we never know.

Here's the players I would like to see in our camp:

Daniel Jacob, 24, 6-6
James Demome, 22, 6-6
Dominic Noel, 23, 6-1
Francois Fortier, 25, 5-11

Old
10-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Jovo Cop

The guy who hit Weirs knee was George Zajankala he played in the DUb for Seattle ..i think that Lou Dickenson has the best chance at an NHL career as he is still relatively young i think 21 .

Old
10-06-2004, 03:53 PM
SergeiKost99

i heard of this show in like august and i wanted to see in it.........what day and what time is it on ? all i know its on cbc

Old
10-06-2004, 04:03 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
And the big draw for many is having big names like Scotty Bowman and Mike Keenan involved. There's a few scouts who are interesting as well. I'd be very interested in seeing more of their analysis on players, decision-making process and discussion.

A player that might be known to many Canadians is Dan Tessier. He was hyped early on in the show during try-outs in Ottawa as being a real talent. Then he was cut last week, and we didn't get any indication as to why. We didn't see any shifts by him nor get much from the staff. That's sloppy work in my view.

Of course, others might have entirely different takes on the parts I find irritating in the show.
I totally agree. Not just with the Tessier bit, but moreso on the analysis behind the decision. For me, the ice-shots, the training, the "personality" clips are all inconsequential when put besides the "Scouting and Analysis" bits. I love those, and wish there were more. Though I admit, it's painful to hear some poor guy get ripped on national tv ("What he's got there's no cure for.....Lack of Heart!").

Anyway, I still think it's pretty well done - it's only their first time round, so it'll improve.

Old
10-06-2004, 04:04 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromPEI
i heard of this show in like august and i wanted to see in it.........what day and what time is it on ? all i know its on cbc
It's on Tuesdays, 8.00-9.00pm on CBC (followed by Da Vinci's Inquest!).

Old
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I totally agree. Not just with the Tessier bit, but moreso on the analysis behind the decision. For me, the ice-shots, the training, the "personality" clips are all inconsequential when put besides the "Scouting and Analysis" bits. I love those, and wish there were more. Though I admit, it's painful to hear some poor guy get ripped on national tv ("What he's got there's no cure for.....Lack of Heart!").

Anyway, I still think it's pretty well done - it's only their first time round, so it'll improve.
I agree... we could get ultra-critical, and yes, I wish there was more focus on the game play and the analysis "warroom" stuff too. It's just a bit too erratic when they give you a few clips here and there of 6 or 7 players, then they make the cut from 34 players down to 20. You end up with absolutely no clue who most of the players are or why they made it or didn't make it.

But then, they only have 1 hour, once a week, and they can't possibly target a show to an audience of total hockey geeks like us. They have to be a little bit practical.

So all in all, I'm not complaining. It's a fun show to watch, it's fun to follow, and most importantly right now... it's hockey (kinda, sorta). It could be better. But it could also be The Bachelor/Apprentice/etc/whatever crap. So we're lucky to have it.

Old
10-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I agree... we could get ultra-critical, and yes, I wish there was more focus on the game play and the analysis "warroom" stuff too. It's just a bit too erratic when they give you a few clips here and there of 6 or 7 players, then they make the cut from 34 players down to 20. You end up with absolutely no clue who most of the players are or why they made it or didn't make it.

But then, they only have 1 hour, once a week, and they can't possibly target a show to an audience of total hockey geeks like us. They have to be a little bit practical.

So all in all, I'm not complaining. It's a fun show to watch, it's fun to follow, and most importantly right now... it's hockey (kinda, sorta). It could be better. But it could also be The Bachelor/Apprentice/etc/whatever crap. So we're lucky to have it.

hey, hey, hey..... lets not dis the apprentice now.... that's head and heels above the crappy bachelor

Its amazing to what lengths the applicants go to ruin each other in the apprentice.... then there's trump who just makes me laugh everytime I see him..... i love it!

Closed Thread