HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Jarome Iginla

Old
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
DCSemi

vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla

Okay it's my first post here... ever!

I just heard on the radio (Radio X in Quebec City) a kind of funny rumor and I would like to know some "expert" Hawks fan point of view.

I'm a die hard Hawks fan since 1992 (I was 6 at that time... growing up watching Roenick, Larmer, Belfour...) and I'm kind of excited regarding the last stretch of this season... so here's the rumor:

The guy told this morning Jarome Iginla would lift his non-trade clause to get a chance to win the Cup with the Hawks...

What are your thoughts? Would you like to have Jarome on the roster? Would it be possible?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no "expert"... I'm only a big fan of the Hawks and would like to disscuss this rumor.

Have a nice day guys!

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:38 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
We'd love to have Iginla and wouldn't mind giving up a really nice return for him. It depends on what Calgary wants. If we could do something around of one of McNeill or Morin, a 1st round pick and a couple nice prospects not named Saad or Olsen, or maybe someone like Frolik or Bickell included, pull the trigger. We can't ravage the top of our farm system for him though because there just isn't a lot at the top of the ladder and those cheap contracts are going to be needed to keep this team strong and deep.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We'd love to have Iginla and wouldn't mind giving up a really nice return for him. It depends on what Calgary wants. If we could do something around of one of McNeill or Morin, a 1st round pick and a couple nice prospects not named Saad or Olsen, or maybe someone like Frolik or Bickell included, pull the trigger. We can't ravage the top of our farm system for him though because there just isn't a lot at the top of the ladder and those cheap contracts are going to be needed to keep this team strong and deep.
Definitely would want them to take Frolik (would clear room for Iginla's salary next year).

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:17 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Definitely would want them to take Frolik (would clear room for Iginla's salary next year).
Not to mention Leddy's raise as well.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
Not to mention Leddy's raise as well.
Leddy doesnt get a raise until after next season (when Iginla's contract would expire)

Old
01-06-2012, 10:27 AM
BiBoFro*

Well knock me down and call me Whitney, somebodies on their game today.

Kruger, Leddy, Beach, Smith and Lavin's RFA contracts are up all on the same year. Obviously all get tendered with Kruger and Leddy receiving medium raises, but where do you see Beach, Smith and Lavin fall in?

Old
01-06-2012, 11:53 AM
LandofLincoln

Iginla to Chicago

Yes, we would want him.

We would want him for more than a one year or rental situation. I don't think that is really possible.

We would have to give up a considerable amount of draft picks, prospects or even a solid rostered player. I think he would fit in well in the locker room.

unlikely

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:55 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Well knock me down and call me Whitney, somebodies on their game today.

Kruger, Leddy, Beach, Smith and Lavin's RFA contracts are up all on the same year. Obviously all get tendered with Kruger and Leddy receiving medium raises, but where do you see Beach, Smith and Lavin fall in?
Smith, Beach and Lavin not so much on the Blackhawks radar at that point. Traded or rights being possessed by other AHL teams.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Frolik would have to go the other way due to his contract. Bruno as well but this doesn't fix the biggest need. Hawks need another D-Man.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Hawkscap

No one would have to go to get Iggy under this year. In the summer, you would have to get rid of Frolic.

Hawkscap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

If we have a chance to get Iggy, we need to pull the trigger at almost any cost of prospects/picks.

This team instantly becomes the best team in the West with him on our roster

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
If we have a chance to get Iggy, we need to pull the trigger at almost any cost of prospects/picks.

^^ ^^

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Interested yes.... but willing to give the Flames the kind of return they're likely looking for. Eh.... that's tough to say.

The Flames have been resistant to rebuild for awhile, and Iggy IS the franchise... so he won't come cheap. If I'm the Flames I want at LEAST one of the Hawks' core players coming back- in addition to prospects. Pirri + Sharp + Beach + ..... I guess what I'm saying is that depending on what Flames need for a rebuild we might not be the best trading partners. If the Hawks pick up Iggy we'll win the cup by scoring an overwhelming amount of goals.... we need Sharp Toews Kane Hoss etc. all to still be around for that. If Iggy was UFA I think it would be more feasible.

At this point Parise may be a better option in terms of what the Hawks are willing to part with.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

It also becomes very affordable if guys like Shaw and Hayes can step in next year for Brunette and Carcillo.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
BiBoFro*

The best team in the west?! Because of an offensive player? *****, we're having solid problems on the back end and you think an offensive-once-was-juggernaut is going to fix that?!

Old
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Interested yes.... but willing to give the Flames the kind of return they're likely looking for. Eh.... that's tough to say.

The Flames have been resistant to rebuild for awhile, and Iggy IS the franchise... so he won't come cheap. If I'm the Flames I want at LEAST one of the Hawks' core players coming back- in addition to prospects. Pirri + Sharp + Beach + ..... I guess what I'm saying is that depending on what Flames need for a rebuild we might not be the best trading partners. If the Hawks pick up Iggy we'll win the cup by scoring an overwhelming amount of goals.... we need Sharp Toews Kane Hoss etc. all to still be around for that. If Iggy was UFA I think it would be more feasible.

At this point Parise may be a better option in terms of what the Hawks are willing to part with.
If they want Sharp, then forget it. That makes a trade for Iginla pointless. I'd rather have Sharp straight up.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

The Hawks aren't going to part with one of their core guys who is locked up long term for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. Thats a non-starter.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Sarava

Quote:
The best team in the west?! Because of an offensive player? *****, we're having solid problems on the back end and you think an offensive-once-was-juggernaut is going to fix that?!
The Hawks defensive problems are more forward related than on the defensemen.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It's not the forwards failing to clear pucks and letting guys get multiple attempts 1 on 1 with our goalies without laying a hand on them.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
It's not the forwards failing to clear pucks and letting guys get multiple attempts 1 on 1 with our goalies without laying a hand on them.
It's usually forwards that are out of position though.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
This. Opponents are getting second and third chances off of rebounds and getting scored because everyone fails to clear the crease of intentionally screens our own goalie.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
It's usually forwards that are out of position though.
One guy no matter who he is will not fix this. He will not be on the ice at all times. Hawks problems are bigger than one guy. Part of it is a team issue.

I'm not ok with just getting Iggy with no D upgrade.

Old
01-06-2012, 02:54 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If they can take Frolik back then absolutely. I'd even give up Morin and another decent prospect or pick. Something like Frolik+Morin+Holl+2nd?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 02:58 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
If they can take Frolik back then absolutely. I'd even give up Morin and another decent prospect or pick. Something like Frolik+Morin+Holl+2nd?
No way that gets it done. They'll want a D-man better than Holl and a 1st rather than a 2nd.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Would take more then a less successful version of Hagman - who they waived - a good prospect, a decent prospect and a late second to get one of the game's elite players.

Frolik, Morin, Smith/Pirri, and a first is close to what it'll take.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote