Aeros camp update

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2004, 10:50 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Aeros camp update

http://ism.infinityprosports.com/Com...ID=1480&ID2=60

Mostly talks about Kirk Olson (Wild's strength and conditioning guy) and his take on some of the Aeros: Michalek, Boogaard, and Dallas prospect Mike Smith.

Old
10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
http://ism.infinityprosports.com/Com...ID=1480&ID2=60

Mostly talks about Kirk Olson (Wild's strength and conditioning guy) and his take on some of the Aeros: Michalek, Boogaard, and Dallas prospect Mike Smith.

He had alot of good things to say about Boogaard. Good read Ceber!

Old
10-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Wild Bill

Here's Glen's Aeros season preview for all you Aeroheads...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
DWP

The Hockeysfuture article does a great job of laying out what's going to happen with the Aeros the upcoming season.

I want to point out something that really bugs me. I'm interested in what it is about Boogaard that has so many posters here and elswhere singing his praises. Please, someone explain this phenomenon. I just don't get it.

Krestanovich and Rooneem both cut while Boogaard remains? An now, Cullen and Cavosie are on the bubble and Boogaard is a sure thing?

I'll concede Boogaard has improved probably more than anyone else in camp. But he had so far to go. Cavosie has real potential and has NHL size for a center. Cullen is a high energy point producer and real character type of player. Both can play center or wing.

Old
10-08-2004, 09:59 AM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWP
The Hockeysfuture article does a great job of laying out what's going to happen with the Aeros the upcoming season.

I want to point out something that really bugs me. I'm interested in what it is about Boogaard that has so many posters here and elswhere singing his praises. Please, someone explain this phenomenon. I just don't get it.
Thanks, I submitted that article to the editor yesterday and the part about Bill Kinkel said he was basically gone, and then an hour later he was reassigned and I had to stop the presses and update.

re: Boogaard: In my opinion it's because he is a role player with great size that almost every team wants one or two of. He's been making progress with his all around game as well, and is in better shape this camp as I think others pointed out in other threads. The main reason though is that every team has been looking for a guy to push Zdeno Chara around and they hope he might be it

I agree with you about Cullen and Cavosie btw. That was my speculation on the final roster and of course I could be wrong, but the chips might fall like that and it's too bad as they should be in the AHL.

Old
10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I think, though, that the AHL roster can have 19 players, maybe twenty so I think a few more players will be cut. I just thought I read an article about that, so we might be losing a few more players

As for Boogaard, and why the fascination. He's big. He's tough. He's...well he's not mean but he's a good player that is continuing to develop and to learn the aspects of the game. Like Glen said, he's a wonderful role player that goes out and make sure some of the other players don't get hurt. I like him too.

Old
10-08-2004, 09:22 PM
DW

Quote:
He's...well he's not mean
Right, quiet soft spoken nice guy. Kind of like his first ECHL game right-didn't he recieve a game misconduct for spearing? Retailiation???? Come on now, the fascination with goons will never cease to amaze me. Some are more revered then actual hockey players on some of these boards.

Old
10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
why is junior lessard in houston?

Old
10-08-2004, 09:53 PM
JeSuisReine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
why is junior lessard in houston?
He is one of the prospects Dallas sent.

Old
10-10-2004, 04:34 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Can we keep em? Possesion is nine tenths of the law.

Old
10-10-2004, 10:33 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

No, and Lessard looks chubby...

Closed Thread