HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR showing their strength in back to backs

Old
01-08-2012, 05:20 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 983
Watching the Avs vs STL last night, the announcers brought up an interesting stat. The advantage for the rested team when playing a team who played the night before is considerable. Way more significant than home home ice advantage. Rested teams are 77-43-3.

NYR's record on the second night of back to back games is 5-0-1. I know the sample size could be bigger (and at least two of those nights, the opposing team also played the night before), but I still think this says a lot about the Rangers this season.

Combinded with their ability to get in there and dominate thrid periods, I think it shows how well conditioned our guys are. The job this organization - and in particular coach Torts - must have done in camp, is impressive.

If they can keep this up, the remainder of this season will be very pleasant for the fans.

Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 01-08-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Repaired title
SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Definitely a testament to Torts' camp.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:41 AM
ogie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Watching the Avs vs STL last night, the announcers brought up an interesting stat. The advantage for the rested team when playing a team who played the night before is considerable. Way more significant than home home ice advantage. Rested teams are 77-43-3.

NYR's record on the second night of back to back games is 5-0-1. I know the sample size could be bigger (and at least two of those nights, the opposing also played the night before), but I still think this says a lot about the Rangers this season.

Combinded with their ability to get in there and dominate thrid periods, I think it shows how well conditioned our guys are. The job this organization - and in particular coach Torts - must have done in camp, is impressive.

If they can keep this up, the remainder of this season will be very pleasant for the fans.
look at last season i think they were like 12-5 in the second game of back to backs nights.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
We can thank torts for this. No team will ever out condition a torts team lol.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote