HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your view on the Coyotes

Old
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Your view on the Coyotes

I'm posting this on every team's page for the Pacific Division(Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Stars).

I would just like to know, would you miss the Coyotes as a common opponent each year if they moved, or would you like them to stay. I actually haven't looked up the realignment, but I believe we would all be stay in the same "conference" as I believe they are calling them, except the Stars? This is more just about would you like the Coyotes to leave and go somewhere else, or do you appreciate the "rivalry" that has occurred over time?

I do realize other teams have created bigger rivalries more than others, but we do reside in the same division, and most games are fairly close and matter to a much bigger degree.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:43 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I personally would prefer they stay for the simple fact that the Kings have only 3 teams that are a short trip away, and to lose one would suck.

As far as the rivalry is concerned, I think that word is thrown around way too much and is forced in some ways.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:55 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Maybe the only way I'd welcome a move would be if they moved to Vegas...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I prefer that Columbus be moved over the Coyotes. I have to admit, I am not adamant about them moving or staying, though them being such a short hop away from LA makes things easy on us. With the exception of Dallas, everyone is in a nice tight little group down here. Makes divisional games a breeze much like how most games are for the east

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Depends ... is Shane "Kings Killer" Doan staying too ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 03:11 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Sorry can't say that I would care one way or the other.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 03:27 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Coyotes = Easy win (usually)

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
topliner967

Meh, games are close but usually not very exciting to watch.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Tippet can make princes out of paupers.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Coyotes = Easy win (usually)
Didn't PHX just kill the Kings several years ago? I don't view Phx games as easy wins, but I am tired of no fan support there.

I realize past ownership failed (and I do not claim to know all the details), but Phx has been a very good team over the past 3-4 years, yet fans continue to NOT show up. I'm tired of seeing games on tv with maybe 5000 fans there. I would expect this from a losing team, but that's not the case is it?

Sorry, but I say move them - move them anywhere else. The NHL has been more than generous with supporting hockey in the desert for several seasons, but it appears to me that fan interest just isn't there.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 01:10 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Didn't PHX just kill the Kings several years ago? I don't view Phx games as easy wins, but I am tired of no fan support there.

I realize past ownership failed (and I do not claim to know all the details), but Phx has been a very good team over the past 3-4 years, yet fans continue to NOT show up. I'm tired of seeing games on tv with maybe 5000 fans there. I would expect this from a losing team, but that's not the case is it?

Sorry, but I say move them - move them anywhere else. The NHL has been more than generous with supporting hockey in the desert for several seasons, but it appears to me that fan interest just isn't there.
The all-time head-to-head heavily favors the Coyotes going back to their Winnipeg days.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Having been to Kings-Yotes games where there were 6000 tickets sold for the game and there only seemed to be at most 3000 in the seats with 20-25% of them being Kings fans, and when the only sellouts are when they do cheap ticket deals, $1 beer nights, or when the big market teams come in and all the transplants that live in the phoenix area swamp Jobing.com, I think it's time to move 'em. When I was living in the Phoenix area I was hoping they'd stay so I'd still be able to catch the Kings a few times a year, but now that I've moved and there is a CHL team (AZ Sundogs) that seems to have a bigger following than the Coyotes do, the Yotes need to be moved, the players deserve a better following especially since Tippett has taken over and made them half-way decent. It must suck to play in front of nobody.

Mully12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

I always think of your amazing depth at center. They're interchangeable from lines 1 through 4...

OK, not sure why I'm making fun of you guys-- we have the 30th ranked offense in the league

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote