HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who fits best with Jumbo and Pavs?

Old
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Remenda would be my guess as well. The other three seem to be fans of all, whereas Remenda clearly has his favorites.
Drew always raves about Hemsky whenever the Sharks play Edmonton, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Drew always raves about Hemsky whenever the Sharks play Edmonton, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Maybe Hemsky drives a Lexus.

Lexus.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Can HaZ Trainz
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Didn't Winchester work out pretty well during his stint up on the top line? Seemed like a better choice than McGinn or Benny F up there.
I liked Winchester on the top line. Probably not the most consistent but I did like the combination of player roles with those three together.

Can HaZ Trainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
If The Todd insists on line juggling lets give these ones a shot

Winchester-JT-Marleau
Clowe-Zeus-PAvs
Benny-Juicy-Ginny
TOM-Desjar-wingles

I'd really like to see that "3rd line". Maybe some AHL past chemistry? Can't be anyworse than some of Todd's other choices. Food for thought if you are reading this Koala
Gin n Juice, bumpin in a ferrario

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Vavonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Clowe-Zeus-PAvs
donotwant.jpg

Vavonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Gilligans Island

This is the lineup I want to see most of the time in the playoffs:

F1? - Jumbo - Pavs
Clowe - Couture - Marleau
McGinn - Handzus - Havlat
Winchester - Desjardins - Murray

That F1 should be filled via trading for someone like Ruutu, Galiardi, Moss, Stempniak, Ryan Jones, Downie, Purcell, Cogliano or Glencross. Doesn't need to be a scorer, just a good forechecker with speed. Someone good at puck retrieval.

This gives us 3 balanced scoring lines.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Linkster
Rebuildt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterPro 21 View Post
I liked Winchester on the top line. Probably not the most consistent but I did like the combination of player roles with those three together.
I'd be interested to see a definitive list of opponents where TMac felt comfortable pitting Winchester against opposing top D-pairs who were weak on physical slot-clearing or weak on active sticks in passing lanes.

Mostly, I think this is a game-by-game coaching decision for the top line. If anybody has a method for directly accessing the NHL's current season play-by-play records in each Sharks game, I'd be happy to crunch the shift-by-shift data.

Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
This is the lineup I want to see most of the time in the playoffs:

F1? - Jumbo - Pavs
Clowe - Couture - Marleau
McGinn - Handzus - Havlat
Winchester - Desjardins - Murray

That F1 should be filled via trading for someone like Ruutu, Galiardi, Moss, Stempniak, Ryan Jones, Downie, Purcell, Cogliano or Glencross. Doesn't need to be a scorer, just a good forechecker with speed. Someone good at puck retrieval.

This gives us 3 balanced scoring lines.
I agree with this. McGinn-Handzus-Havlat is a third line that I feel extremely comfortable with, both offensively and defensively; in fact, that bottom six is very high-quality in general.

I think that in this situation, the second line will take the defensive matchups, so the F1 won't have to be extraordinary in the defensive zone like we originally though. He just needs speed, forechecking, and puck-retrieval, and a degree of intellgence/hockey IQ (to rule out Mitchell).

I think we have the assets (Niitty, Mitchell, 2 2nds, later picks, decent prospects) to get that done, and then I am extremely happy with our team.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I agree with this. McGinn-Handzus-Havlat is a third line that I feel extremely comfortable with, both offensively and defensively; in fact, that bottom six is very high-quality in general.

I think that in this situation, the second line will take the defensive matchups, so the F1 won't have to be extraordinary in the defensive zone like we originally though. He just needs speed, forechecking, and puck-retrieval, and a degree of intellgence/hockey IQ (to rule out Mitchell).

I think we have the assets (Niitty, Mitchell, 2 2nds, later picks, decent prospects) to get that done, and then I am extremely happy with our team.
I should also add I want that F1 to be young so we can retain him next season. Someone who slots in around $2-3m. We could do Ruutu, though, and still have a chance to re-sign him provided the cap increases $2-3m.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I should also add I want that F1 to be young so we can retain him next season. Someone who slots in around $2-3m. We could do Ruutu, though, and still have a chance to re-sign him provided the cap increases $2-3m.
Agreed. The team should be (providing that DW doesn't go Holmgrom on us, or decide that we should trade for Koivu, Clutterbuck, and Scandella too) pretty much the same next season (minus Mitchell, Nitty, one or both of Vandy and White, some of the fourth line) and have the same needs, therefore a player that is not purely a rental would be ideal. Only problem is that non-rentals cost more assets.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Quote:
I should also add I want that F1 to be young so we can retain him next season. Someone who slots in around $2-3m.
So we need Setoguchi...

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:33 AM
KirbyDots

Don't discount Ferriero here people. Team has been great since he's been up and his chemistry with the 2nd line really shows. He goes to the net and works his butt off every game. I for one hope the little fuzz ball sticks around, he's done nothing but good since coming up.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto4Now View Post
So we need Setoguchi...
But we needed Burns more...

For the role we need, Seto would have been overkill, too. Pavs is in Seto's role, we just need someone who can retrieve puck dumps primarily, playmaking and scoring are secondary to that. Patty in that role is just overkill.

Old
01-10-2012, 01:53 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto4Now View Post
So we need Setoguchi...
I'm still in favor of the trade because Burns is what this team needed (he leads all defensemen in CORSI by a large margin) but Seto was the perfect complimentary player for this team.