HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps @ Sharks 10:30 p.m. EST 1/7/12

Old
01-08-2012, 11:34 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Groin "tightened". Not sure if it's a big deal or not, may have just been precautionary. We will see. I missed the 2nd half of the game, but I thought we looked really good, especially without Backstrom and a not 100% Green. This loss doesn't bother me so much.
here's what i saw. his first game back he was skating on one leg. last night he seemed to be trying to skate more normal and even with 3rd pair minutes, he couldnt make it work. i dont think it was the hit. it might have been trying to maneuver to evade the hit, but not the contact.

i am disappointed that tarik or katie or wyhno or somebody isnt on this deal with alittle more energy

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
tycoonheart

I see it a little different tx.

I see someone who's got the groin in his mind so he is being timid. I mean, I'm sure he isn't 100%, but a lot of what he's going through could be mental as well. It was even more evident last night, he looked like he was scared to battle.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Langway
Intangibles

He took one shift after the hit. It may not have been the hit...but it was the hit. So awkward:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-or-something/

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:51 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Haven't read the entire thread so sorry in advance if I duplicate thoughts.

Good effort by the Caps. Both teams were on winning streaks and the Sharks extended their streak while at home.

Hunter seems to be checking off things on his list. First was the goaltending and I have no complaints about Vokoun of late. The D was next and he seems to have made their jobs more to their liking. I base that on performance and player comments.

Offensively OV is moving in the right direction. Semin was improving but needs to improve more defensively. Nonetheless he has improved.

Somewhere on Hunter's check list has got to be the road record. I was pleasantly surprised how the Caps came out because I was fearful. The game was definitely closer than the score indicates. The Caps didn't have the bounces or the reffing last night. I'm not blaming the loss on the refs but sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't.

Get 'em in LA boys and start turning your road record around.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Yeah, that seems like a reasonable course. Wasting away again in Potiville. Good stuff.

The Desjardins hit is what caused the 'tightness,' as he has zero idea how to anticipate and absorb a hit or protect himself out there.
Yeah he got hit like 5 times out there pretty hard. Don't know if it's the hit in question, but one he seemed confused as **** on how he got hit so hard, and why it was a penalty.

Edit: just saw rmnb link u posted. Yeah that's the one.

Last edited by HSHS: 01-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.
HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I thought semin's defensive positioning and decision making with the puck was outstanding, for him.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I thought semin's defensive positioning and decision making with the puck was outstanding, for him.
x2, he had a good game outside of the one weak play in the D zone.

Same for OV, he had a good game outside the unnecessary penalty he took.

Both those plays swayed the game for the Sharks imo.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Didn't read the whole thread, but again saw few ridiculous comments about OV protecting his troops legally or not so much, who cares?!... This is exactly what a leader and a Captain should do. So, whiners so called Caps fans give your heads a shake... this is not constrictive criticism, its just pure and simple *****ing.
On the road with severally depleted team the boys played pretty good imo... if couple of breaks went our way instead of theirs (like Hendricks crossbar) we would've been right there...
Hoping to see 19 in LA, and Green... What the ****... every little hit and the guy is out... Let him sit until he gets better...

edit: agree on Semin, his defensive and decision making is day and night compared to the beginning of the season.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:24 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

He back checked pretty hard. They had a 3 on 2 where Thornton gave a cross rink seam pass for a one timer by a rh shooting player with vokoun going post to post to make a save, and semin got back fast and just got his stick in the lane, deflecting pass over glass.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Foy

Quote:
As the person who brought it up to begin with, I more or less agree with this, as long as you keep that last modifier on him. But on the 4 on 4 goal, he just stood in the slot, stick off the ice, hands at his sides looking like the stereotypical "lazy Russian." I was yelling at him as he set up camp, and sure enough, the Sharks scored on it.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:39 PM
tycoonheart

Did anyone else like the semin mj knuble line? They looked good. Maybe they can be a legit 2nd line?

Last edited by tycoonheart: 01-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.
tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Did anyone else like the semin mj knuble line? They looked good. Maybe they be a legit 2nd line?

They were for the first 7 games, not sure why it took so long to re-unite them.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:00 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
As the person who brought it up to begin with, I more or less agree with this, as long as you keep that last modifier on him. But on the 4 on 4 goal, he just stood in the slot, stick off the ice, hands at his sides looking like the stereotypical "lazy Russian." I was yelling at him as he set up camp, and sure enough, the Sharks scored on it.
Oh yeah I don't expect semin to be able to do anything in front or behind our net. Even an avg dman can school him there. And that's not unique to semin. Many perimeter offensive wingers would struggle.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Foy

Quote:
Oh yeah I don't expect semin to be able to do anything in front or behind our net. Even an avg dman can school him there. And that's not unique to semin. Many perimeter offensive wingers would struggle.
My problem is that not only did he not try, his body language told the sharks he wasn't going to try so they were able to take full advatage of his laziness.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

I didn't really watch it closely or rewind it. I saw semin and expected the outcome.

Semin has been blocking shots and giving more dzone effort. Not sure what's going through his mind in that moment. Not sure if they ever said it, but I thought it was the blocked shot that hurt him. People thought it was the hit but then whyno tweeted it wasn't that. (his shoulder or wrist I think)

Old
01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
tissue? you use irony with the term "wah" a lot which itself is hilariously ironic given how much you cry and whine in general about all things caps.

ovi bearhugged a 4th line scrub on the ice because his bumchum got run over. yay. party time.
Irony? No, that's actually what you sound like.

Of all the things to ***** and moan about you decide to focus on Ovechkin standing up for Semin and create some bull**** hypothetical that portrays standing up for a teammate as an indication of him being a bad captain. Can't say I'm surprised though.

****tsburgh forums are that @way

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Calling out Ovechkin because he did something (or in my opinion did) I disapprove of in principle (fighting/etc. after clean hits), rather than giving him a pass because of my bias as a fan, definitely means I should go post on the Pittsburgh forums instead.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Semin was literally and figuratively knocked off his game on that hit. Losing Nick and Green and then Ovi in the box, the last gun, Semin just flattened. Young Guns was soon no guns. Lick your wounds and get out of Verizon West.

Good game plan by SJ. Get the lead and then late, throw some big hits on the stars. See what happens. I hope we try that stuff one day.

It was a good effort from our caps.

Civility after losses = money

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
txpd

the best part of that plan is the get the lead part. or in this situation getting the lead back.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Wideman's goal was a beautiful pp set play. Semin watching for Wideman breaking for the net and then lateralling to Brouwer who is positioned optimally to make the open lane pass to Wide(open)man for the one timer.

01-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Irony? No, that's actually what you sound like.

Of all the things to ***** and moan about you decide to focus on Ovechkin standing up for Semin and create some bull**** hypothetical that portrays standing up for a teammate as an indication of him being a bad captain. Can't say I'm surprised though.

****tsburgh forums are that @way
Quoted for truth.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
He took one shift after the hit. It may not have been the hit...but it was the hit. So awkward:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-or-something/
I kid you not, I'm watching the game with a buddy last night and I paused it right after that hit and said, "that's exactly Mike Green's problem" and pointed out what just happened on the play. He could have easily chipped the puck and turned back avoiding the hit, instead he just coasts with no awareness of the incoming hit. The guy doesn't seem to understand the concept of protecting himself. He could have made the simple safe play but instead takes about the worst possible of all hits and looks absurd doing it. So frustrating considering the physical skills. I really wonder if the Caps don't work with him on this with video. He has to understand he's a target every single shift in even the least dangerous looking play.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Good pickup CC12. That was so Mike Green.

JP - That was a great play. Passing is improving.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
x2, he had a good game outside of the one weak play in the D zone.

Same for OV, he had a good game outside the unnecessary penalty he took.

Both those plays swayed the game for the Sharks imo.
Yeah, I was so thankful when OV took that penalty in the 3rd to even out the calls.

Sharks PK has been struggling, and against a team with so many weapons as the caps - let's just say I was more than happy to trade Winchester for Ovy.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Did anyone else like the semin mj knuble line? They looked good. Maybe they can be a legit 2nd line?
I am thinking the same thing. Give it a few more games to click.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote