HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Canucks/Bruins

Old
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules123 View Post
Orr is a better skater.
sweet. he isn't half the hockey player Thornton is and comparing the two is stupid. that's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
It's actually ridiculous how the Bruins get credit for being 'SO TOUGH'.

Their roster is filled with a bunch of phonies - they have a self-inflated sense of team toughness that leads them to the thuggery and goon-like plays they make throughout the game.

You guys are lucky to have skilled, core-players such as Lucic and Chara, plus a couple of 4th line/3rd pairing tough guys in McQuaid and Thornton to back the rest of your team up, because the rest of them would be a bunch of fairies on any other team.
well let's see....the only guys who haven't been in a fight on our roster in the last two years are Seguin, Bergeron and Rask. Seguin will probably (and hopefully) never fight. it's just not who he is. Bergeron got in a fight in the postseason in 08-09 against gorges and beat him and Rask is our backup goaltender.

so how again are they phonies? because i am pretty sure there is not another team in the league that can say that. in fact in highly intense games like the one versus the canucks are best fighters don't even get to fight because the other team is afraid to fight them so instead they go after our second tier fighters like Horton, Campbell and Ference.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Banana Sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I guess long-time tough guy Shawn Thornton doesn't believe in the code does he?

Even the great Don Cherry has said to never try to fight someone who's already been in one that period. Yet Thornton tries to fight a tired Weise and yet Weise is the coward? LOL hilarious hypocrisy.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So if I'm a 4th line fighter and I beat the crap out of one of the Sedins or Kesler, I get a free pass for the rest of the period from fighting someone tougher like a Bieksa or Weise?

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
cause he knows a meathead like thornton would try to go him

and to answer your post below he's there to finish checks

man you guys are mad
Who's mad?

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Niedermayer View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So if I'm a 4th line fighter and I beat the crap out of one of the Sedins or Kesler, I get a free pass for the rest of the period from fighting someone tougher like a Bieksa or Weise?
I love how he mentions the "Great Don Cherry". Don Cherry has no respect for guys who dangle the gloves and act as if the will drop them.

Not that what the great Don Cherry saids really matters.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
This is turning into a fun rivalry. As a neutral fan, at least the B's will back up their trash talk and their players don't dangle their gloves trying to incite a riot.

Kevin Bieksa is one of the biggest spot pickers I've ever watched. That pounding of Stahlberg in the playoffs last year after Refree's tossed Scott was one of the most gutless things I've seen in a while.

I dislike both teams but I have respect for the way the Bruins stick up for each other.
Did you notice who the only guy who kept his gloves on was?

Old
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
sweet. he isn't half the hockey player Thornton is and comparing the two is stupid. that's my point.

well let's see....the only guys who haven't been in a fight on our roster in the last two years are Seguin, Bergeron and Rask. Seguin will probably (and hopefully) never fight. it's just not who he is. Bergeron got in a fight in the postseason in 08-09 against gorges and beat him and Rask is our backup goaltender.

so how again are they phonies? because i am pretty sure there is not another team in the league that can say that. in fact in highly intense games like the one versus the canucks are best fighters don't even get to fight because the other team is afraid to fight them so instead they go after our second tier fighters like Horton, Campbell and Ference.
Just like the Sedins.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
tede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Lots of angry Bruins fans listening to Jack Edwards...whatever not my problem.

-Great tilt by Weise and Horton.
-Not sure why 5 or 6 guys had to pile on Thornton...whatever
-Lapierre and Campbell was like watching two 5 year-olds duke it out. What a let down.
-Pretty shameful on Weise to goad Thornton into a fight and not drop 'em. Not sure what that was.
-Typical Marchand. He'll get his sometime soon. Can't even respect a player that's been in the NHL when he wasn't even in Peewee.
Thank you. Sensible post. People don't have to defend every single action done by someone on their team.

tede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
WHY LIE GUY

So wait, Horton has PCS?

If that's the case, why is he playing?

WHY LIE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:28 PM
makail19
Rookie User

campbell is a great fighter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiCdntbwO5c

play at 1:01

makail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
BlackNgold 84

Weise was in a long fight. Thornton is a legit heavyweight who's dropped them with pretty much every heavyweight in the league over the last decade. Weise is not a great fighter to begin with. He was trying to draw a penalty.

He's not a sissy for not fighting Thornton while tired from a previous fight, honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.[/QUOTE]

Yes... yes he is.. don't talk **** and dangle gloves and then skate away like a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
This. Weise's fight wasn't a short one either...
Also that long fight was 13 GAME minutes before.. so about 20-25 minutes actual time. If you can't get over a fight that was 2-3 minutes long in 25 minutes that dude shouldn't be in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGiant View Post
Weise is not that frequent a fighter. When you carry a player like Brad Marchand on your team, you have no business crying and whining about players not fighting. Period.
And you have burrows who puts his stick into someones throat and 6 guys who jump 1 and never mind the dudes on the bench who also grabbed in there.. If the nuck fans admitted that their team was as dirty as the bruins this whole argument would be over... but then again that doesn't do well for this website haha. The bruins players at times go over the line... so does the nucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
It should when Wiess clearly says let's go, goes to drop the gloves, doesn't, then turns away. Good call by the refs there is no need for garbage like that If you don't want to fight decline the offer.

I hope more refs do it so such a tactic isn't used.
Thats the one thing van massenhoven did right.. he was pretty much right in between the two before the fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
It's actually ridiculous how the Bruins get credit for being 'SO TOUGH'.

Their roster is filled with a bunch of phonies - they have a self-inflated sense of team toughness that leads them to the thuggery and goon-like plays they make throughout the game.

You guys are lucky to have skilled, core-players such as Lucic and Chara, plus a couple of 4th line/3rd pairing tough guys in McQuaid and Thornton to back the rest of your team up, because the rest of them would be a bunch of fairies on any other team.
As someone said before theres 3 to 4 guys on this team that don't fight... You saying bergie goes around and takes liberties with guys? maybe paille since he had a suspension... Rask? heard he always turtles in goalie fights right?... good work digging up that nugget, Scoops Mcgee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
who is phony on the Bruins besides Marchand? im not a huge fan of Marchands antics but hes a damn good two way player that could get 30+ goals this season. Hopefully he'll clean up his act cause thatt penalty on Salo esseintially cost the bruins the game.

This all over... He needs to cut the ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
I'm a maple leafs fans and will always cheer for Vancouver over Boston but that was awfully gutless by the Canucks and those claiming "rats are ruining the game" need only look at the canucks: Burrows, Lapierre, Weise. No issue with Weise not wanting to fight. But I do take issue with him letting on that he wanted to fight and then running away. And sad to say canucks fans this is symbolic of your team. If the league is so insistent in keeping the instigator rule, maybe they should remove the prerequisite that it can only be assessed in conjunction with a fighting major.

Lapierre is one of the most gutless players in the game. Rarely drops the gloves and when he does, clutches the other player the entire game.

Sorry to tee off on your team Vancouver fans but the Canucks are a 1 team argument against banning fighting and towards removing the instigator rule.
haha I love when neutral parties come on all the b's and nucks fans craziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I love how he mentions the "Great Don Cherry". Don Cherry has no respect for guys who dangle the gloves and act as if the will drop them.

Not that what the great Don Cherry saids really matters.
Show Don some respect.. a man that wears suits like that can't be wrong.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Just like the Sedins.
who said the sedins should fight?

if you are referring to how people called daniel (?) out for letting Marchand jab him in the face i don't think anyone, even Bruins fans were saying he should fight him, they were just saying hit him back. doesn't mean he has to drop the gloves. even Seguin will give a guy a shove back or little whack when somebody hits him in a scrum after the whistle. it's about having respect for yourself, doesn't mean you have to fight to show that.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
who said the sedins should fight?

if you are referring to how people called daniel (?) out for letting Marchand jab him in the face i don't think anyone, even Bruins fans were saying he should fight him, they were just saying hit him back. doesn't mean he has to drop the gloves. even Seguin will give a guy a shove back or little whack when somebody hits him in a scrum after the whistle. it's about having respect for yourself, doesn't mean you have to fight to show that.
Exactly. You can stand up for your teammates in a scrum. Steve Yzerman was never really a fighter but could you see him do what Cherry showed Henrik run off when one started.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote