HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle. Knee. Un*******believable.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Sammy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins have been getting softened up like piñatas all season long. It was only a matter of time before they suffered inexplicable injuries.
Give me a break. Watch hockey much? They barely get touched all year. Thats one of their skills.
As if their isnt enough to ***** about, some just fabricate .

Old
01-07-2012, 05:06 PM
timekeep

Sucks for Eberle, hopefully it doesn't affect his chances at the AllStar game.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alybaba View Post
Give me a break. Watch hockey much? They barely get touched all year. Thats one of their skills.
As if their isnt enough to ***** about, some just fabricate .
Whatever. The Stars were running Nugent-Hopkins every chance they got in their first meeting of the season and it wasn't an isolated event either.

It would be foolish to suggest that the first 38 games of his NHL career didn't take a toll on him. His fatigue became obvious and it wasn't from playing the games.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I'm missing something. In what way did the opposition abuse Eberle and RNH on their injuries? Far as I could tell, they were fine just prior to.
That's not what I was suggesting at all. With Nugent-Hopkins the grind and the physicality caught up with him. Around the time of his injury he was really fatigued.

Yeah, he caught a rut in the ice but that entire sequence leading up to his fall was just painful to watch. Hopefully, he and Eberle can come back re-energized and lead the team to a respectable finish.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

These injuries are really starting to worry me.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Whatever. The Stars were running Nugent-Hopkins every chance they got in their first meeting of the season and it wasn't an isolated event either.
Nugent-Hopkins dealt more abuse than he took that game

Old
01-07-2012, 05:23 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Its rare for a team to nit have injuries.the oilers just can't deal cuz secondary scoring its not existent on most nights

Old
01-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Nugent-Hopkins dealt more abuse than he took that game

The Stars still targeted him every chance they got and that's a heavy, heavy burden for an 18 year old in this league.

Anyway, it was impressive and he is really good at avoiding big time physical abuse. He probably would have been injured in November if he wasn't.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:30 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Take a look at the injury history for this team over the last 5 years and you tell me if its all just bad luck?

Teams create their own luck and good teams never seem to have these issues.

Why is that...just coincidence?
Haha good teams never have this problem? Look at freaking Pittsburgh. They've been decimated the last few years.

it's a coincidence. I know that word is hard to understand for the superstitious minded.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Calgary Oilers

Are our kids injury prone? This is just stupid...

Old
01-07-2012, 05:41 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Trends matter and when things happen over an extended period of time then its foolish to suggest its always just 'bad luck'.

It deserves a second look.
As an above poster said, look at Pittsburgh.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
Haha good teams never have this problem? Look at freaking Pittsburgh. They've been decimated the last few years.

it's a coincidence. I know that word is hard to understand for the superstitious minded.
Wow...way to miss the point entirely. I am suggesting that there is a history of so called 'bad luck' that may be attributed to something else

Apparently thats a little too complex for some.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Trends matter and when things happen over an extended period of time then its foolish to suggest its always just 'bad luck'.

It deserves a second look.
I got into an argument with a friend after Nugent-Hopkins' injury about a "losing culture" being directly related to the Oilers never ending injury problems.

He doesn't buy it either. Maybe he will in five years.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:

It would be foolish to suggest that the first 38 games of his NHL career didn't take a toll on him. His fatigue became obvious and it wasn't from playing the games.
hahahahahaha

Basically, you're pissed that other teams are targeting our best players (with no success however). Well duhhhh. All teams do this, and gooning it up will impede their success, but not their desire to target our players. Understand what we're saying?

Old
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
I got into an argument with a friend after Nugent-Hopkins' injury about "trends" and a "losing culture" being directly related to the Oilers never ending injury problems.

I think your friend will have plenty of company.

This board is like a religious cult sometimes.

How dare anybody suggest that there may be reasons other than 'bad luck' to explain the 5 year period of injuries and losing.

Blasphemy!!!!

Old
01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
I got into an argument with a friend after Nugent-Hopkins' injury about a "losing culture" being directly related to the Oilers never ending injury problems.

The losing culture caused the world to shift under RNH's feet so he'd crash into the boards, then the magical fairy of shoulders took his away and left him with a quarter.

Seems like a reasonable explanation for freak injuries.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
I think your friend will have plenty of company.

This board is like a religious cult sometimes.

How dare anybody suggest that there may be reasons other than 'bad luck' to explain the 5 year period of injuries and losing.

Blasphemy!!!!
How dare people think that someone falling down after tripping over a hole in the ice and falling down funny is an accident! Haven't you seen the Mayan symbols, they look just like the Oilers logo with the little guys beside it that look just like Nuge, Eberle and Hall

Old
01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I also don't buy that Nugent-Hopkins' injury is something that would require a month of convalescence if the Oilers actually had something to play for. I don't blame the team for telling him to take a month off considering that he needs some rest and our season is already over but it's irritating nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
hahahahahaha

Basically, you're pissed that other teams are targeting our best players (with no success however). Well duhhhh. All teams do this, and gooning it up will impede their success, but not their desire to target our players. Understand what we're saying?
Yeah, I'm not complaining about other teams targeting our best players.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Whatever. The Stars were running Nugent-Hopkins every chance they got in their first meeting of the season and it wasn't an isolated event either. It would be foolish to suggest that the first 38 games of his NHL career didn't take a toll on him. His fatigue became obvious and it wasn't from playing the games.
And yet he wasn't hurt until he fell into the boards without being touched...if that is fatigue than I guess he wasn't ready to play in the show. Not sure if you noticed, but there is contact in the NHL - and if you are a star then you will be hit.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:00 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
I also don't buy that Nugent-Hopkins' injury is something that would require a month of convalescence if the Oilers actually had something to play for. I don't blame the team for telling him to take a month off considering that he needs some rest and our season is already over but it's irritating nonetheless.
Yeah, I'm not complaining about other teams targeting our best players.
But that isn't the way this team operates - haven't you read that the Oilers force players back into action even in meaningless games?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
And yet he wasn't hurt until he fell into the boards without being touched...if that is fatigue than I guess he wasn't ready to play in the show. Not sure if you noticed, but there is contact in the NHL - and if you are a star then you will be hit.
I don't have a problem with players being hit. I'm not sure where you people are getting that idea from.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
But that isn't the way this team operates - haven't you read that the Oilers force players back into action even in meaningless games?
I've never bought Souray's nonsense.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:04 PM
KrazyCanuck19

Torn ACL?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:05 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
I know this is challenging for some but has it ever occurred to you that 5 years of something may speak to something other than just bad luck?

Maybe just maybe there are other things to consider...over training, unreasonable expectations...etc. Fatigue contributes to these so called 'freak accidents' due to inattention.

Its indicative of a closed mind when the reaction to a suggestion like this is met with unintelligent responses like yours.
Please explain Eberle's injury based on your hypothesis...is he weak? Undertrained? I guess Bobby Orr was a weak sister since he had to retire from all the bad luck that rained upon him. Crosby may never play again - Lemieux got cancer...oh the black death that must be hanging over the Penguins organization...

No one is closed minded - they simply understand that sheeat happens, such as Eberle's injury and don't need to use some pointless argument to justify it.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:15 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Please explain Eberle's injury based on your hypothesis...is he weak? Undertrained? I guess Bobby Orr was a weak sister since he had to retire from all the bad luck that rained upon him. Crosby may never play again - Lemieux got cancer...oh the black death that must be hanging over the Penguins organization...

No one is closed minded - they simply understand that sheeat happens, such as Eberle's injury and don't need to use some pointless argument to justify it.
Whats the point in adding the Orr and Lemieux nonsense?

If you don't understand my point thats fine but misrepresenting my point and then using your misrepresentation as a basis for rebuttal is a waste of my time.

Closed Thread