HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eberle. Knee. Un*******believable.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Not sure why people are so opposed to the notion that dynamics are operating here that lead from year to year to our massive man games lost.

For the most part this is team stupid with ample amounts of poor role modeling. Hemsky being the poster boy for taking hits he shouldn't take and leaving himself wide open positionally to just get drilled into the boards. Time after time after time.

Hall unfortunately is headed on the same track.

Gilbert gets injured similarly last week. He spots the Carcillo train wanting to annihilate him. He goes for the puck anyway.. go figure.

Really, I'm fine if a player bails from a hit thats going to have them end up in traction. But that notion doesn't seem to exist here in the wild west. We want all our players to stand up to every hit and ridicule anybody that doesn't do it. Its like our notion of courage involves broken jaws and eating through a straw... and anybody that is prepared to go that extra mile shouldn't be here...getting injured....lol

A player that avoids getting drilled into the middle of next week is a smart player thats here still playing next week. Smyth is one of those guys. He'd rather have a guy eating his elbow or lumber than being on the recieving end and thats what you have to do. Theres very little of that self protection that goes on here. Its just not something learned in this lineup. Its like common sense vacated.

Next people surprised that young small players like RNH and Eberle are getting hammered drilled, hurt?

jebus thats a change of pace. I love RNH but people here were wondering how many games he'd even be able to play at this level at this size, body weight, musculature, etc. Physics isn't kind to small players. Thats nothing new. But this isn't random either. This is a club that puts too young players into go to situations where they have to take chances every game, and be in danger situations predominately where eventually somethngs going to happen to them.

Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Your original statement was that the injuries were bad luck...so now you are saying that it isn't bad luck? Pick an opinion.
Umm...that was sarcasm. I guess I should have used the symbol but I thought it was pretty obvious.

Old
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Whats the point in adding the Orr and Lemieux nonsense?

If you don't understand my point thats fine but misrepresenting my point and then using your misrepresentation as a basis for rebuttal is a waste of my time.
Your whole argument is a waste of time...it has no concrete basis and is due to your ongoing frustration with the Oilers. Why waste your time here?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
North

Quote:
Sigh.

Okay...so in your mind there is absolutely nothing to look at over the last 5 years in terms of injuries and losing. No connection...no pattern...the whole thing is just 'bad luck'.

So who is being superstitious here?

I dont care if they buy it or not its the unwillingness to look at it thats perplexing.

People are calling me out for being superstitious and in the next breath they suggest everything is just 'bad luck'.

Wow.
What is so perplexing? They looked at your theory and deemed it ridiculous.

It is entirely possible that they think you're wrong and that's okay.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

we're cursed!!!!!! i knew it

Old
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Is he injuring the players? I don't get it.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not sure why people are so opposed to the notion that dynamics are operating here that lead from year to year to our massive man games lost.

For the most part this is team stupid with ample amounts of poor role modeling. Hemsky being the poster boy for taking hits he shouldn't take and leaving himself wide open positionally to just get drilled into the boards. Time after time after time.

Gilbert gets injured similarly last week. He spots the Carcillo train wanting to annihilate him. He goes for the puck anyway.. go figure.

Really, I'm fine if a player bails from a hit thats going to have them end up in traction. But that notion doesn't seem to exist here in the wild west. We want all our players to stand up to every hit and ridicule anybody that doesn't do it. Its like our notion of courage involves broken jaws and eating through a straw... and anybody that is prepared to go that extra mile shouldn't be here...getting injured....lol

A player that avoids getting drilled into the middle of next week is a smart player thats here still playing next week. Smyth is one of those guys. He'd rather have a guy eating his elbow or lumber than being on the recieving end and thats what you have to do. Theres very little of that self protection that goes on here. Its just not something learned in this lineup. Its like common sense vacated.

Next people surprised that young small players like RNH and Eberle are getting hammered drilled, hurt?

jebus thats a change of pace. I love RNH but people here were wondering how many games he'd even be able to play at this level at this size, body weight, musculature, etc. Physics isn't kind to small players. Thats nothing new. But this isn't random either. This is a club that puts too young players into go to situations where they have to take chances every game, and be in danger situations predominately where eventually somethngs going to happen to them.
Well you guys just gave Renney another excuse as to why we keep losing and getting injured.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Anyway, according to Tencer the Oilers have sent Hartikainen and Green back to OKC.

I hope that they're not planning on calling Paajarvi back up. He belongs in OKC.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Your totally missing the point. Anyone trying to suggest the 2 injuries are the rresult of anything but bad luck is frankly not that "with it".
What you say may or may not have merit but thats not the discussion.
In terms of RNH & Eberle, one of their immense skills is playing like they do & been relativly unscathed. If they were getying run you may have a point but they dont.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alybaba View Post
Cause thats how the quote thingy turned it out.
And still, your the one suggesting the 2 injuries are reflective of something other than bad luck. And then cause you look silly you start trying to morph the discussion into something broader.
You continue to look silly.
Again, go back & look at them before posting any further. You may save yourself some face.
Actually a lack of consideration is synonymous with ignorance, i don't see how one can justify blatant ignorance as well as deride someone for suppossedly being ignorant. He's entitled to his opinion and is under no obligation to relent upon it or agree with those who oppose it, especially in the face of a lack of proper arguments, and i disagree with his statement.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

This Alybaba character is off to a great start.

Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
actually a lack of consideration is synonymous with ignorance, he's entitled to his opinion and is under no obligation to relent upon it or agree with those who oppose it, and i disagree with his statement.
People tend to reply to ridiculous posts with equally ridiculous ones. It's human nature.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:26 PM
kitchen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Sucks for Eberle, hopefully it doesn't affect his chances at the AllStar game.
I hope it does. by the way I think they will probably keep him out of the allstar game if he miss' any time, I saw him last year when he was "injured", and supposed to be in the game, at oilcity and he was partying pretty hard on the ankle so I dont expect to see him play this year if its even remotely serous.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
I disagree with your op on the matter, but agree very much with your comments on the ignorance being perpetuated about it. You have a right to that opinion, if it is so wrong than it ought to be easily disprovable either through logic or facts, unfortunatly most on here possess/utilize neither just insults/strawmen/sarcasm.
The 2 videos of the incidents are about all the "facts" one needs to shoot down the ridiculous proposition.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:28 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
I disagree with your op on the matter, but agree very much with your comments on the ignorance being perpetuated about it. You have a right to that opinion, if it is so wrong than it ought to be easily disprovable either through logic or facts, unfortunatly most on here possess/utilize neither just insults/strawmen/sarcasm.
So what is the theory that is supposedly being proven? Weak teams get more injuries? I would love to see your factual breakdown of this. Please don't reply with a sarcastic/strawman response.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
Is he injuring the players? I don't get it.
Mr. Tambellini has eyes for Mr. Yakupov.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I guess Tambi injured him too.

Old
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

If this keeps up, we're going to be seeing Paajarvi back soon

Old
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
I knew I shouldn't have bought that severed monkey hand from that old man.

Sorry guys, sorry everyone.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
I have no issue with your disagreement although you didn't explain why you disagree.

As for the rest of your post...well put and I agree wholeheartedly.

Its kind of sad really.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Meh, he went out and addressed some simple needs this off season, we were all happy with Belanger, Eager, Hordichuck in the summer and we lucked out for a while on Potter and Pettrell.

Not too many of us assumed anything better than a bottom 10 finish and we all knew with another wave of injury we would be in the bottom 3 again.

You really can't blame him for it. Yeah, you can say he didn't turn the Oilers into a playoff team, but he certainly didn't try to tank this year.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
And therefore asked Eberle to get caught in a freak play...Tambo, you are sinister!

Old
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to jump down your throat, I'm just not a fan of insulting someones intelligence even if they are wrong.

And FTR I agree with you. I don't know if I'd point to a culture of losing but something is definitely rotten in this organization. They fired trainers, and I'm pretty sure they hired new medical staff as well but seeing how they misdiagnosed Brule and Fraser it's moot anyways
Thanks for the reasoned response.

I thought they had fired the training staff...not the medical staff.

Old
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

CLB only needs to make up 7 points on us and we can pick first again. AWESOME!

Old
Eskimo44

Quote:
I have no issue with your disagreement although you didn't explain why you disagree.

As for the rest of your post...well put and I agree wholeheartedly.

Its kind of sad really.
I would i don't have time, ukranian christmas.lol. i just wanted to say that little part.

Closed Thread