HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: GDT: GM 42: Canucks @ Bruins: Out-of-Town (A.K.A GET UP) Edition PT. 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Get Dr.Recchi to see if Salo was at a movie last night?
When asked about why Horton flew to Vancouver for game 7, tried to play, and how Dr. Recchi said Pacioretty embellishes his for being at a movies, why was Horton their towel spinner?

I got about 3-4 messages saying why are you here and who won? Ya.. no one can prove Dr. Recchi wrong.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
crazyforhockey

john shannon saying its a phone talk with shannhan

Old
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Wetcoaster

Marchand's justification:
The puck was going around the boards and I went to pick it up and was kind of looking over my shoulder, Marchand said. I saw Salo coming in and I just kind of went down.

"It was unfortunate he got injured. I did go under him, but I felt the base contact was at about his hip point and thats usually a pretty legal hit from what Ive seen in the past.

Marchand said hes unsure if the league will suspend him or not, but he said there will be a phone hearing tomorrow with Brendan Shanahan, the leagues head disciplinarian.

I had no intention of hurting Salo on the play, Marchand said. Hes a very big body coming in on me Im not the biggest guy and in a situation like that, I have no idea what hes going to do and Im just trying to protect myself.
Marchand was involved in a similar play with Daniel Sedin during last years Stanley Cup Final and was not penalized, but he did not disagree with the five minute major that was issued yesterday.

We had a meeting with [Brendan] Shanahan [earlier this season] and he told us the call on the referee has no impact on a suspension, Marchand said. I read the rulebook last night, and it said if a guys hurt on a play when a guy goes underneath a guy, its a five-minute major. It was the right call he was hurt and I was ejected from the game.
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610656

Yup you need to protect yourself against noted headhunters like Sami Salo and Henrik Sedin.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I read the rulebook last night...
That's awesome... about time I guess. My question is where did he get it because I don't think the Bruins have a copy do they?

Old
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
That's awesome... about time I guess. My question is where did he get it because I don't think the Bruins have a copy do they?
They have a special Boston Bruins edition.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Mostly pictures

Old
01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
dsedin

Quote:
The puck was going around the boards and I went to pick it up and was kind of looking over my shoulder, Marchand said. I saw Salo coming in and I just kind of went down.

"It was unfortunate he got injured. I did go under him, but I felt the base contact was at about his hip point and thats usually a pretty legal hit from what Ive seen in the past.

Marchand said hes unsure if the league will suspend him or not, but he said there will be a phone hearing tomorrow with Brendan Shanahan, the leagues head disciplinarian.

I had no intention of hurting Salo on the play, Marchand said. Hes a very big body coming in on me Im not the biggest guy and in a situation like that, I have no idea what hes going to do and Im just trying to protect myself.
Marchand was involved in a similar play with Daniel Sedin during last years Stanley Cup Final and was not penalized, but he did not disagree with the five minute major that was issued yesterday.

We had a meeting with [Brendan] Shanahan [earlier this season] and he told us the call on the referee has no impact on a suspension, Marchand said. I read the rulebook last night, and it said if a guys hurt on a play when a guy goes underneath a guy, its a five-minute major. It was the right call he was hurt and I was ejected from the game.
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610656

Yup you need to protect yourself against noted headhunters like Sami Salo and Henrik Sedin.
He can't be serious...

Old
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
It doesn't matter which copy of the rule book Marchand read from, he's illiterate.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Oh yah... I forgot:

http://www.straight.com/files/images...ports_2295.jpg

Old
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Mostly pictures
With pop-ups for Milan Lucic.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

Juilen and Marchand are just assuming everyone else in the league is just as dirty as they are. If that had been a Bruin defender in that situation, he'd be going for a headshot or a dirty hit, so they naturally think that's what anyone else would do in that position. That's all that's going on with them. Intent to injure is just so ingrained in how they play they've completely lost sight of the fact not everyone else is a bloodthirsty ******* looking to end careers for a laugh.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Wetcoaster

Ben Kuzma hockey writer for the Vancouver Province on Alain Vigneault's reaction to Claude Julien's earlier comments on the Marchand hit on Salo via twitter:

benkuzma Ben Kuzma
Vigneault on Julien's claim that Salo ran Marchand: "That's a stupid comment. What Marchand did could end a career."
http://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/statu...10012647866368

Old
01-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Free Torts

Quote:
Ben Kuzma hockey writer for the Vancouver Province on Alain Vigneault's reaction to Claude Julien's earlier comments on the Marchand hit on Salo via twitter:

benkuzma Ben Kuzma
Vigneault on Julien's claim that Salo ran Marchand: "That's a stupid comment. What Marchand did could end a career."
http://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma/statu...10012647866368
Good on AV. He's right and fortunately for Bill Dauterive, he phrased his response in a simple way so the Bruins' coach can understand it.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
john shannon saying its a phone talk with shannhan
Does that mean he can only get up to 5 games?

Old
01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

To play the Devils' advocate here, if Marchand said he wasn't trying to "protect himself" it's as instant of a suspension as it gets since Shanaban seems to place so much emphasis on "intent". I think it's pretty easy to see what really transpired, though, so let's hope the hammer of justice, rather than its wheel, prevails.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Does that mean he can only get up to 5 games?
Yes.

Per the CBA at Exhibit 8 on Supplementary Discipline at page 269:

2. Informal Hearings (0-5 Games)

If the preliminary review indicates a possible suspension of less than six (6) games (including zero), the League (hearings will ordinarily be conducted by the Director of Hockey Operations) may proceed with supplementary discipline pursuant to a telephonic hearing,...

3. Formal Hearings (6 or More Games)

If the preliminary review indicates that a suspension of six (6) or more games may be appropriate and/or further investigation is required, a more formal, in-person proceeding (hearings will ordinarily be conducted by the Director of Hockey Operations) will be conducted as follows:...
http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf

Old
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Again as long as it's 4 games I don't really have an issue.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Again as long as it's 4 games I don't really have an issue.
Five would be better.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Five would be better.
Agreed. They have to make this 5. They have to start revealing the bruins for what they are.

repeat offender and fined last month? Gotta be at least 2. Hopefully 4-5.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Juilen and Marchand are just assuming everyone else in the league is just as dirty as they are. If that had been a Bruin defender in that situation, he'd be going for a headshot or a dirty hit, so they naturally think that's what anyone else would do in that position. That's all that's going on with them. Intent to injure is just so ingrained in how they play they've completely lost sight of the fact not everyone else is a bloodthirsty ******* looking to end careers for a laugh.
Good point. They can't see beyond their own point of view.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Free Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Good point. They can't see beyond their own point of view.
When major media in both Canada and the United States appear to be on their sides and ignoring the actual rules of the game, what's forcing them to take a look at another perspective? CBC's coverage of the game was absolutely shameful.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Once again it's amazing to see the sheer hypocrisy coming out of their mouths. Just unbelievable. I don't think I've ever seen anything close to this level of denial from any other team in the league.

And why only a telephone hearing? ****. Good ol' Jeremy using his clout once again...

Old
01-08-2012, 04:31 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Barring a SCF meeting, I wonder if Marchand will man up and fight the next time these teams play.

By rule, he has to fight Volpatti right?

He won't though.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
When major media in both Canada and the United States appear to be on their sides and ignoring the actual rules of the game, what's forcing them to take a look at another perspective? CBC's coverage of the game was absolutely shameful.
For CBC consider the sources - a senile fool well past his due date and Rompin' Ronnie the Drunk Air Guitarist with a vendetta against Alex Burrows and the Canucks that he keeps trying to deny.

John Shannon at SportsNet put it succinctly - the other hits were hip checks delivered to on-coming players - not a hit to the back of the knees on an unsuspecting player.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Holy crap I just checked Twitter. Coach Vig sounds pissed.