HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2015 NHL Draft: Marner breaks into a top 5 that otherwise remains unchanged in the Ma

Old
03-04-2015, 12:35 AM
HF Article

vCash: 500
2015 NHL Draft: Marner breaks into a top 5 that otherwise remains unchanged in the Ma

Photo: Boston University forward and 2015 prospect Jack Eichel hoists The Beanpot trophy after the Terriers won the 2015 Beanpot by defeating Northeastern University 4-3 in the championship game (courtesy of Maddie Meyer/Getty Images)

While the top four players in the ISS Hockey March rankings for the 2015 NHL Draft remain unchanged, one player managed to move up a few slots to land among the top five prospects.

London Knights forward Mitchell Marner, the OHL’s leading scorer, has moved up three places to fifth in this month’s rankings. In a different year, Marner might well be a candidate to be chosen first overall given his offensive ability.… read more

The post 2015 NHL Draft: Marner breaks into a top 5 that otherwise remains unchanged in the March ISS Hockey rankings appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Nalyd Psycho

First I've seen of Joel Ek Eriksson in the first round. A quick read sees no reason why not. Interesting to see new names. This draft is really anyone's guess from 15-45 or so.

03-04-2015, 05:43 AM
sydion

Kylington continues to fall. Passed by teammate Eriksson Ek. I generally don't like ISS rankings too much so I'm not putting too much stock into it. Eriksson Ek seems like an underrated prospect however. He seems exactly like the kind of guy Detroit would target late in the 1st.

sydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2015, 10:19 AM
ulvvf

Kylington should be a lock in top 10 if, not top 5. Sure he has had some problems lately, but if a scout do not see the talent in him, they should get fired. If he goes this late, he could very well be one of the biggest steal of the draft.

I give my own top 30 of swedish player right now (will probably change to the draft), Do not count those that I havnt seen this year, so no Rasmus Andersson, Bouramman, Forsbacka Karlsson or Franzen. All would probably have been in the list otherwise, but how shall I evalute something I havnt seen lately?

Top 30

Oliver Kylington
Sebastian Aho
Robin Kovacs
Joel Eriksson Ek
Jesper Lindgren

Jens Lööke
Filip Ahl
Kevin Stenlund
Timashov
Lucas Carlsson

Oskar Lang
Johan Larsson
Gabriel Carlsson
Axel Ottosson
C Mastomäki

Lukas Vejdemo
Ekesthål Jonsson
J Davidsson
John Dahlström
Adam Brodecki

Henrik Törnqvist
Bagenda
Elvenes
Carl Ericson
F Forsberg

Younan
Leandersson
Olhaver
E Emanuelsson
Bernhardt

Last edited by ulvvf: 03-04-2015 at 10:25 AM.
ulvvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Passchendaele

Crouse still being at #3 is quite telling about how today's players are evaluated (i.e. "intangibles" and "two-way play"). No wonder why so many people think Toews ranks #2 in the NHL.

Who needs Joe Sakic putting up points and pucks in the net when you can have Mike Peca and his two-way play along with his intangibles instead?

Marner has been tearing the OHL apart like no other draft-eligible player in years (minus McDavid, but he's the exception and the best OHL prospect in... forever). Being behind two phenoms like McDavid and Eichel is one thing.. but behind Crouse? Gimme a break.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote