HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts On The Pending Lockout

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
DA LONE RANGER

vCash: 500
Thoughts On The Pending Lockout

I was just wondering with the lockout pending what happens if it last through the entire season. What happens with the draft this year and how will the order be determined with the top two picks potentially being allstar talent in Crosby and Brule.

Old
10-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Fletch

Hasn't been determined..

and there is no fair way to determine it, except to do a computer similation of the season, which would no doubt knock Phoenix out of the 5th spot and thust the Rangers into at least #5 with a shot at the lottery. Honestly, I cannot think of any better way to do it and our man Riz will provide the league with the computer similation software.

Old
10-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Do you have to have a draft?

Old
10-07-2004, 11:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think yes. After all, there is going to be a good amount of players who have either graduated from college or will be unable to go back to juniors. No matter the reason, while the league exists (should be another 2 years, in name only), there will always be a draft.

Old
10-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
That I think is a great question...in another more "fantastic" (as in fantasy, not as in great) approach to the NHL, I suggested that perhaps the league be split into tiered divisions, incorporate teams at all levels (effectively merging with other pro leagues in NA) and getting rid of the draft. I think with a cap and a lower restriction on the number of players rights held by any one club then you could get rid of the draft altogether.

Closed Thread