HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-08-2012, 01:48 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You might want to pick someone else. Kopitar hits goalis right in the chest too.
LOL,

Mitchell? He had a nice snipe under the bar

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL Back again,

Did anyone else catch on Kings talk after the game yesterday where Nick was basically calling into question Lombardi's philosophy? He basically said that it used to be that a great defensive team was a lock for the playoffs, but now you have to have a top offense to have any success. Seems pretty obvious to most of us, but it was an blatant call out to the current mantra of "defense wins championships" being touted by Lombardi.

I've been behind Lombardi since he got here, and I'm ok with having a team that prides itself on defense, but they have to be able to score SOME goals. If the only way your team can score a goal is if Mike Richards gets a shorthander, you're not going to win many games.
The Kings would be fine if they were just a "middle of the pack" offensive team, and there was no reason to think they wouldn't be with the players the team has in the top six. Anyone who says they saw this coming is full of BS.

Now Dean has to find a way to fix it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings would be fine if they were just a "middle of the pack" offensive team, and there was no reason to think they wouldn't be with the players the team has in the top six. Anyone who says they saw this coming is full of BS.

Now Dean has to find a way to fix it.
You quoted me, as saying that, but that wasn't my post...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Whiskeypete

Sanford didn't make any BIG saves. like i said in another post, LA kept hammering him in his chest all game. They try pick a corner, then they shoot wide. They try to compensate, then they hit dead center. They haven't shown any resemblance of skill in weeks if you ask me.

I liked whoever made the statement pertaining to the good old shot mentality. Just put it on net and something will happen. BS. The way keepers usually play today, the equipment and the defensive structure teams play doesn't allow for the fat-meaty rebound like days of old. One more thing that passed by TMu he couldn't ever see or acknowledge.

Now these guys have this mentality ingrained in them for so long they just hammer the puck in the vicinity of the 6x4. Instead of reading and anticipating the goalie and using his momentum against him they seem to put the shot where he's going to be so they get a rebound off of him. When they don't have the front of net presence they once did, what's the point?

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
You quoted me, as saying that, but that wasn't my post...
My bad...it was bandit.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote