HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
25th>>>30th
this is the spirit we need

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Who else has lost all patience with Williams and Stoll. Both of these guys are just a massive waste of space this year.

I'm convinced they couldn't hit the net if it was the size of a soccer net.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Who else has lost all patience with Williams and Stoll. Both of these guys are just a massive waste of space this year.

*Raises both hands*

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
All that I can do while reading those threads and seeing how excited we were getting about Chicago throwing away what amounted to be nothing that irreparably damaged their team is just sad. Real GM's got the cap **** figured out.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I wasn't even on this site then. When you have a top flight goal scoring LW (which fills the #1 hole on the team) who wants to sign with your team, you do so. All Gabby wanted was 5 years, not 10 or 15 like some of these other dumb contracts out there. I don't blame Lombardi for the Kovy fiasco because I believe the Kings were used, Gabby however, he screwed-up.
I just remember a lot of posters against it. They wanted him, but at a shorter deal.

I'm not supporting Dean because sooner or later he has to step out of his bubble. That's not going to happen though.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Quote:

I Don't know what Williams and Stoll are doing. Both of these guys are on pace for career worsts over 82 games.

Maye it was Symth that made these guys look good last year?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I just wish for once the Kings would get lucky , Marchand and Lucic in the same draft lucky. Hey maybe next year is the year it happens.
Me too. We've had our fair share of scores though honestly. Kopitar at 11 ....quick in the 3rd round.....robitaille...etc etc but you are right. I wish we would as well....maybe it's development honestly

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:05 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I just remember a lot of posters against it. They wanted him, but at a shorter deal.

I'm not supporting Dean because sooner or later he has to step out of his bubble. That's not going to happen though.
To be fair to Dean (he did that with Penner) and it's a disaster. The one trade Dean should have stuck to his guns (Penner) he didn't lol.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
You are EXACTLY correct. The issue is the players themselves. They are collectively WAY below average offensively.

People still think of Williams, Gagne, and Penner as effective NHL players. Newsflash: THEY ARE NOT
The bottom six doesn't exist and hasn't all year.

WIthout Quick, this team IS Columbus.
Oh we lost, look who it is.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Shellz

Quote:
To be fair to Dean (he did that with Penner) and it's a disaster. The one trade Dean should have stuck to his guns (Penner) he didn't lol.
Hah, very true. I tend to forget about him. I'm not against Dean for that trade. Penner was a proven scorer. We just got screwed.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:07 PM
johnjm22

The Kings haven't scored a goal in regulation in their last 158:26 minutes of play.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:08 PM
MynameisKing

Let's give the kids a chance to see how they do. I mean it can't be any worse than scoring 0 goals!

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:08 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Hah, very true. I tend to forget about him. I'm not against Dean for that trade. Penner was a proven scorer. We just got screwed.
I hear ya Shellz, story of the Kings franchise pretty much.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:

I said it during the game: I would trade both of them right now (collectively) for a bag of chips. Addition by subtraction.

At the same time, we would be sending a message to the rest of the team. Get your ****ing act together.

First regulation loss in 10. I will take it. But the lack of scoring at this point in time is extremely worrisome. We are simply going to have trade for some scorers.

I am not sure why some people here are saying trading for a scorer isn't going to solve our problems. It may not solve all, but it is a very good start.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

Reading that old thread, it seems most people had more of an issue with the money then the years (even you Shellz)

It's amazing that thread is only 2 and a half years old. Look at this amazing post:

Quote:
Cammy just signed for 6m, next year Fro is not going to be a King (fro will get 6.5 easy imo).

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 01-07-2012 at 08:17 PM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:14 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Relax people.

Everything's fine.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Just hope Sutter puts Richie back to center. He's a natural center and he looks unhappy on wing.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
voynov26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Boys calm down........

These young players were destroyed by Murrays system for 5 years.
Everyone was laughing at me when i predicted exactly this hockey future.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Destroyed by Murray's system? That is a VERY STRONG word! I would have used a much milder word if it was me. Murray did an excellent job in creating some structure to the team. They learned how to play defense. Offensively, is another story. I just don't think it's FAIR for anyone to bash Murray because he did a good job. That's all.

Jim Fox at the end of the game was indirectly suggesting that maybe it's time to trade players but he was posing that as a question. Is that the answer? Maybe...

I still think we will make the playoffs but since we have our core players for quite a while have they been progressing as they should? If not, maybe it's time to think who do we keep and who do we trade and decide what direction we need to go. The challenge is we don't even have an identity as a team.

EDIT: We will make the playoffs but I think we need to add a player or two at Wing if we are to move past the first round.

Last edited by voynov26: 01-07-2012 at 08:24 PM.
voynov26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

Here was my take on the day Gaborik signed, I was always for it:

Quote:
I still don't understand how people can be against having one of the best players signed to 5 years. A Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown line could be one of the best in the league. All three players would be signed long term.

Injuries happen all of the time. There is no guarantee that Kopitar, Brown or Williams won't succumb to an injury next year or the year after. There are no guarantees in sports. The Kings would not lose any of their roster players due to signing Gaborik to that contract. Instead Lombardi wants to move assets now to try and get a player in a trade. Why not just sign Gaborik and then trade assets to acquire another top 4 defenseman? Now he has to try and trade for a scoring winger and another defenseman before the season starts.

It would have been nice of Lombardi to show the players that he is committed to building a winner. Signing Gaborik would have made it more likely that Frolov would re-sign with the Kings for a lesser amount because the team would start winning and would actually have a much better chance to make the playoffs.

Imagine if you were Kopitar, Brown or Frolov and Lombardi just signed Gaborik, you would definitely be more excited about the upcoming season. You would probably be more likely to work out harder in the off season. Instead they see that nothing has been done to improve the team and Lombardi is using the players conditioning as a scapegoat. How is that motivation to working harder?
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=590

I couldn't find a Gaborik specific thread in the LA Kings forum, just the FA frenzy one:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=658297&page=1

Loving that thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3
Kovy/Nash next summer.

Are you being serious? Kovy could get $10 million on the open market and Nash could get $8 million. No way does DL sign these players. They will probably get 10-12 year contracts as well.

Wasn't everyone saying that we could just wait until Hossa/Gaborik are UFAs? How did that one work out?
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=677

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

trade kopitar and fire everyone, fire DL, everyone. RT. Trade JJ, brown, stoll, penner, williams, gagne.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Reading that old thread, it seems most people had more of an issue with the money then the years (even you Shellz)

It's amazing that thread is only 2 and a half years old. Look at this amazing post:
Haha. It seems a lot longer than 2 years.

I swear it was the years, but my point still stands a lot of posters were against the signing. I know I was.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:23 PM
voynov26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Handzus and Smyth are great at screening....Kings are missing that.
Maybe have DB watch Ryan Smyth videos will help.

voynov26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Not opposed to moving Brown around the lineup, But to ask who do you replace him with ? I mean Williams is pretty much the only RW we have after Brown.
True, but Williams can't play any worse than he is right now with Stoll, and at least he's shown chemistry with Kopitar in the past.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:29 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

i never thought id say this, you can even tell by my username, but kopitar should just get traded.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:30 PM
damacles1156

I am starting to see what Dean was talking about when he first got the job.

Dean Lombardi was saying (You have to get at least get Two(Potential) Roster players out of every Draft). I can see now how not developing or having anyone able to come up is going to just destroy your team.