HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dale Weise - Total Beauty

Old
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Bertie

vCash: 500
I'm glad Weise didn't fight Thornton. Thornton is a "big league" middleweight Weise is just a young guy trying to make his way.

I'm quite sure the next time Thornton comes looking for a fight Kass, Volpatti or Vandermeer will be happy to oblige him.

Weise is starting to look useful as a player. He has more speed than I realised and he goes to the net.

Bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haka View Post
Thornton was pretty confused in his post game comments about what happened there, he said that Weiss said, "lets go" but maybe Weiss planned on fighting McQuaid instead, but from the video that we saw it didn't appear like that.

Thornton probably would have tooled Weiss, so I'm glad he didn't fight him but if he did bail out of the fight after saying he would that's super lame.

Otherwise a good game by Weiss tonight.
This is STILL happening? It's WEISE man, WEISE! The players have zero similarities.

In terms of the Thornton/McQuaid/Weise fiasco, didn't some of the Bruins players already confess that Weise was challenging McQuaid? Then out of nowhere Thornton jumps in and McQuaid was the one that punked Weise? I can't recall that well, but I think Marchand of all people admitted this publicly.

Edit: I had no idea how old this thread was. Whoops!

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
This is STILL happening? It's WEISE man, WEISE! The players have zero similarities.

In terms of the Thornton/McQuaid/Weise fiasco, didn't some of the Bruins players already confess that Weise was challenging McQuaid? Then out of nowhere Thornton jumps in and McQuaid was the one that punked Weise? I can't recall that well, but I think Marchand of all people admitted this publicly.

Edit: I had no idea how old this thread was. Whoops!
Their names are similar. So that's one similarity.

Last edited by Catch: 01-22-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo champion
Catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
BoHorvatFan

I like the way he slams into the boards and just gets up and keeps playing, over and over again.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Fork

wow i just found out dale weise is really young

Fork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Ryp37

dale weise is the future of our top 6

teamweise

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Weise, the new perfect fit for the Sedins
Weise? Do we really need him?

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
moog35

I could see Weise turning into a Chris Higgins type but not as good but fights to make up for it, I think he has the potential to be a third liner in the future and as much as I like Manny I believe hes now the anchor on the 4th line not Weise or even Volpatti

It will be interesting to see how Weise does playing with some skilled players especially at the center position

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:11 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Their names are similar. So that's one similarity.
Haha I knew that was coming. ASIDE FROM THAT!

Old
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Shareefruck

Was anyone else laughing their *** off when they showed that montage of Weise's great hustle and impact on the game? (every clip was of him comically tripping all over the place, catapoulting his face into the boards, and getting knocked over, and the dialogue they were giving over it was all positive)

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

Haha I was going crazy when they showed that. I even rewound it so I could record it on my PVR. Too much?

Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
GCM
Stork

He's improved a lot from last season and I am really liking it. Good to have someone that is reliable and contributes on the ice from the 3rd/4th line.

I notice him on the ice a lot. Yeah he had some cringe-worthy wipeouts last game but he's always physical and is one of those "energy" guys you put out there when your team needs a jumpstart shift.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Tiranis

Still only 1 hit behind Volpatti despite all those wipeouts. He's been a force out there.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
He's improved a lot from last season and I am really liking it. Good to have someone that is reliable and contributes on the ice from the 3rd/4th line.

I notice him on the ice a lot. Yeah he had some cringe-worthy wipeouts last game but he's always physical and is one of those "energy" guys you put out there when your team needs a jumpstart shift.
Yeah, his pace has been impressive for a big guy. Reminds me of Travis Moen and very likely could go on to be as good, or better.

Having Kassian and Weise on the right wing does change the look of the team quite a bit from a couple years ago. Kudos to the pro socutd for finding this guy on waivers, when many other clubs passed on him.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
TheDiver*

Love Weise and he's got potential...

But why are so many people here saying "yeah he's so young and he will improve" but criticizing Zack Kassian everytime his hair is out of place when Kassian is only 21?

TheDiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiver View Post
Love Weise and he's got potential...

But why are so many people here saying "yeah he's so young and he will improve" but criticizing Zack Kassian everytime his hair is out of place when Kassian is only 21?
Because we actually gave up something to get Kassian.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
CCF
This is the year....

If Weise could become a Talbot - that would be much appreciated.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Scurr

Good on Weise, he obviously put a lot of time in this offseason trying to get better.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

This thread should have been left dead and a new one started.

Last edited by me2: 01-22-2013 at 11:57 PM.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs View Post
Haha I was going crazy when they showed that. I even rewound it so I could record it on my PVR. Too much?
"Here he is getting involved and playing physical....." *shows a clip of Weise getting completely run over by the opposing player*

Really surreal to say the last. Even his scoring chance involved him blowing a tire.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Still only 1 hit behind Volpatti despite all those wipeouts. He's been a force out there.
Yup.

Hes bringing great energy. All that inner Gretzky he channels in Holland is paying off.

Though I think he could stand to tone it down a touch and be a bit more patient at times.

His skating is great this year.

PS Gretzky is in the spell check dictionary.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Was anyone else laughing their *** off when they showed that montage of Weise's great hustle and impact on the game? (every clip was of him comically tripping all over the place, catapoulting his face into the boards, and getting knocked over, and the dialogue they were giving over it was all positive)
Henceforth, he was known as the Flying Dutchman!

In all seriousness though, I remember him at the year end interviews during locker cleanouts last season and he said that he was going to come back and challenge for a top 9 spot, which I admired because he said it in a way which made me think he was going to go bust his arse working all offseason and come back stronger and better. Most people who heard that just said "That's nice Dale, have a good summer" but he's reinforcing what he said and I think he could very well end up a tweener like Hansen or Higgins in his prime. He was scoring at a 0.73 ppg pace over his last two seasons in the AHL when he was 21-22 so he can score, it's all a matter of assembling his game in the NHL. The time spent in the Netherlands really helped as well by adding confidence. I hope Dale can reach all of his goals for the future.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:56 AM
David71

so its possible for weise to contribute on a nightly basis and maybe he scores 10 goals for the 3rd/4th line mins? which is pretty good.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:02 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
There are still a lot of Canucks fans who don't actually get that Weise was a ROOKIE last year. I don't see what's not to like, he skates well & plays hard. I think he could easily get 10G this year.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:04 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Henceforth, he was known as the Flying Dutchman!

In all seriousness though, I remember him at the year end interviews during locker cleanouts last season and he said that he was going to come back and challenge for a top 9 spot, which I admired because he said it in a way which made me think he was going to go bust his arse working all offseason and come back stronger and better. Most people who heard that just said "That's nice Dale, have a good summer" but he's reinforcing what he said and I think he could very well end up a tweener like Hansen or Higgins in his prime. He was scoring at a 0.73 ppg pace over his last two seasons in the AHL when he was 21-22 so he can score, it's all a matter of assembling his game in the NHL. The time spent in the Netherlands really helped as well by adding confidence. I hope Dale can reach all of his goals for the future.
That's a pretty good nickname actually, I like it.

I think he'll become a good 3rd liner (being conservative here) but a useful one who can actually play in all situations. Nothing wrong with that for a waiver wire pickup.

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote